Default Newbie looking for advice!

Well from everything I have read it sounds like I am making a good choice in places for an excellent romantic getaway! My wife and I have been married 26 years and we are as young as a couple of 26 years could be, unless they married at the age of 12 (lol)! My wife has never been out of the US and we are looking for the perfect all inclusive. We love the beach, some night life, ALCOHOL, and lots of "Just Us" time. Oh did I mention ALCOHOL? Couples Negril seems to be our #1 choice so far, with Couples SS running a close second. I would deeply appreicate any feed back to help me commit. I am tired of researching the web (lol)! We are looking at coming in early July.

Thanks in advance!
    Butch

Sounds like you've already made your choice, Butch! If CN is your number one, then book it! Go with what resort is calling to you. We all have our favorites, but that doesn't make on better than the other.

If you're looking for a great beach, night life, ALCOHOL, and lots of us time - then Couples is the perfect choice, no matter which location!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

If CN is the resort that appeals to you the most, then book your vacation at that resort. We've been to all four Couples Resorts for a total of 17 visits, but CN is our favorite; we've been there 12 times and are scheduled for trip 13 on March 19. Don't worry; you'll love CN.

Butch...In my opinion,CN is the best of the best..I think you two will love CN very much.

Hugs

Butch,
    I have been to CN (4 times, with #5 already booked)and you are going to LOVE it. We keep saying we are going to try another resort, but as everyone on MB says "if it ain't broke, why fix it?". Maybe someday we will try a different couples. But for now, CN is the one that we originally picked and we love going back every year.
    Have a great time.....
    Melody

Wrong question to ask as everyone has their favorite. What I can tell you is all are great for alone time drinking alcohol on the beach during the night. Which ever you choose will be the right choice worst case there is always next year to try your other choice and you will want to return.

We are returning to CN for our third visit in April, and we can't say enough great things about it! We LOVE the beach and how despite even when the resort is close, or at, capacity it NEVER feels crowded or cramped. The compact layout of the resort is great, with lush walkways that make even the short stroll from your room to breakfast or dinner a romantic experience. The swim-up bar is wonderful, the drinks, the food, the staff ... ok, basically everything is perfect!! We are hoping to take advantage of our repeater status and partake in their trading places program to visit CSA for a day this time to see if we might consider straying from "home" for our next Couples trip. I have a feeling that CN will continue to call us home though!

We started looking and had booked within a week but I spent hours trawling these boards. Initially we were favouring CTI, I just preferred the look of the rooms and I like the idea of the private beach and the island. The more I looked into it the more drawn I was to CSS, eventually what won it for me was the fact that all rooms (bar Verandah suite) are suites ie bedroom and sitting room, also full room service until 11pm. The setting was more exotic than CTI (in my opinion) and I liked the idea of SSB over the island, also more reports of being able to sunbathe topless at textile beach.

I thought the pools looked nicer at the Negril side but I didn't like the rooms as much, also I liked the idea of the private beaches.

In the end CSS won out despite the steps! Cannot wait but it will be a while as we don't go until November.

Butch, I'm with most of the others in here stating that you should go with your gut. Something about CN appealed to you more than the others. However, there also must be something about CSS that struck your fancy as well, so if you're still debating the issue, my suggestion is to first list what features, layouts, activities, etc, matter most to you. Then focus on these two resorts, concentrating on the differences between each. Continue reading the board and keep your peeps out for recent reviews for each property. When it's all said and done maybe you'll stick with your initial pick or perhaps CSS will have swayed you over. Good luck.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Sounds to me like CN is your place. We went there for the first time to celebrate our 25th anniversary and have gone back every year for five years!I am still excited about going back. You would LOVE it!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeahfairly View Post
    Well from everything I have read it sounds like I am making a good choice in places for an excellent romantic getaway! My wife and I have been married 26 years and we are as young as a couple of 26 years could be, unless they married at the age of 12 (lol)! My wife has never been out of the US and we are looking for the perfect all inclusive. We love the beach, some night life, ALCOHOL, and lots of "Just Us" time. Oh did I mention ALCOHOL? Couples Negril seems to be our #1 choice so far, with Couples SS running a close second. I would deeply appreciate any feed back to help me commit. I am tired of researching the web (lol)! We are looking at coming in early July.

Thanks in advance!
    Butch
    ....I think you have made a good choice. We went the 1st time this past Thanksgiving for my daughter's wedding. Now planning a return trip. Everything you are looking for is at CN. You can read my write up and see my pics at the linc below;

http://www.couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=3969

Many thanks to everyone for the replies. The only negative reviews I have read for CN seem trivial! I don't know any of the staff there, since this will be our first trip, so I won't have a dog in the hunt as far as who no longer works there. We are low maintenance, so if the staff doesn't have time to clean our room, we'll do it ourselves. We are just looking for a little tropical paradise, a beautiful beach, some excellent food, and if I didn't mention it above....Alcohol! We are planning on July 2 - July 11 (9 nights)! We can't wait. Thanks again!

That is at least the 3rd time I've seen you write ALCOHOL...in your posts...Can I go ahead and make a recommendation for CN then?...We have done CN twice(booked for a 3rd)and CSS once(last year)although both are PERFECTION, and we love them equally for different reasons....CN is better hands down for the HOOCH!! One thing the wife and I realized when we got home from CSS, we didn't see Red Stripe LIGHT there...just an observation..better beer choices at CN bars...and, although we were'nt picky....we do love our Bay Breezes(Tommywommy's bev w/splash of cranberry)...and love them better w/Absolut..CSS had SKYY rather than Absolut...bartenders a bit more knowledgable at CN...and DRINK MENUS, again...at CN....a nice touch

Quote Originally Posted by Yeahfairly View Post
    Many thanks to everyone for the replies. The only negative reviews I have read for CN seem trivial! I don't know any of the staff there, since this will be our first trip, so I won't have a dog in the hunt as far as who no longer works there. We are low maintenance, so if the staff doesn't have time to clean our room, we'll do it ourselves. We are just looking for a little tropical paradise, a beautiful beach, some excellent food, and if I didn't mention it above....Alcohol! We are planning on July 2 - July 11 (9 nights)! We can't wait. Thanks again!
    ...I think you will have no regrets. Some seem to be going on having the same experiences, including staffers who may have moved on, as they did during a previous visit. Nothing stays the same. As for "ALCOHOL" that you seem especially interested in, try a "Mimosa" for breakfast; the fixings will be at the "Juice Bar". Or make yourself a (what I call) "Jamaican Coffee"; Blue Mountain Coffee and Appleton Rum, in your room.

Sounds like the pool bar at CN is the place for you. That way you will never be far from your beloved alcohol.

Yeahfairly
    We will see you there!! We will be there at the same time. You sound just like us. I know you are going to love it!!It IS a tropical paradise with no worries, great food, great people. We think the place is awesome and we can't wait to be back.
    Jimmy and Mariann from Huntsville, Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by LisaPat View Post
    That is at least the 3rd time I've seen you write ALCOHOL in your posts...Can I go ahead and make a recommendation for CN then? . . . . CN is better hands down for the HOOCH!! . . . . [W]e didn't see Red Stripe LIGHT [at CSS] . . . . better beer choices at CN bars . . . . and CSS had SKYY rather than Absolut . . . .
    We had issues with alcohol when we were at CSS in August 2009. It was the only time that we've been unable to get a single malt scotch at a Couples Resort. CSS only had Dewar's; it's drinkable, but not among our favorite of blended scotches. The only gin available at the beginning of our vacation was a brand I'd never heard of and didn't care for (Gilchrist?), although Tanqueray did show up about three days into our stay.

Awesome! I hope I didn't give anyone the wrong impression. I work overseas and go 5 months without a beer (Good Dark one) or my favorite (Pinnacle Vodka and grapefruit juice)! A romantic beach resort in the tropics just Screams "hey it's 8 in the morning, pour rum into something and drink it" (LOL)! Jimmy from Alabama, Look forward to meeting you!
    Ken and Melissa from Fayetteville Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    We had issues with alcohol when we were at CSS in August 2009. It was the only time that we've been unable to get a single malt scotch at a Couples Resort. CSS only had Dewar's; it's drinkable, but not among our favorite of blended scotches. The only gin available at the beginning of our vacation was a brand I'd never heard of and didn't care for (Gilchrist?), although Tanqueray did show up about three days into our stay.
    We had the same issue when we were at CSS in 2008. Not onyl did the bars keep running out of Crown (hubby's favorite) and white wine (a friend's favorite), when they did, instead of getting a new bottle, they would tell us to just go to another bar and hope they had it. It could have been just a fluke that week, but we've never had that happen at the other three resorts.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

my wife and i are going back in May for our 5th trip to couples negril. if you like sun, alcohol and good food, this the place.
    great staff,everything you could need or want.