Default We are counting days until April 17 - recent experiences?

We are eagerly counting days until our return to SSB April 17 - anyone have RECENT observations / tips? Any help is appreciated and it is just fun to read
    Thanks

Default April 2021 Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sandyhub View Post
    We are eagerly counting days until our return to SSB April 17 - anyone have RECENT observations / tips? Any help is appreciated and it is just fun to read
    Thanks
    Hi, we just returned from our visit to SSB so I thought that answering my own post may help someone.

The resort was at half capacity and the staff is clearly working very hard to get things back up and running. Without our beloved Brits and Canadians traveling, the Jamaicans were extremely happy to at least have the Americans traveling. The restaurants were not open as many days as normal, yet there was always enough capacity for us at what was open. Distinctly absent was top shelf liquor, I imagine that they are tightening the belt. The food was great. Masks worn for walking in/out of restaurant, masks off for eating. The staff was very diligent about wearing masks and offering hand sanitizer at entry.

SSB has been mostly rebuilt from the storm damage. We had plenty of shelters to use. The SSB pool had fewer chairs than normal to help distancing with the COVID.

White river is always changing how it enters the sea. This trip was the most radical that I've seen, the river hugged SSB very close to shore and as a result the fishing boats would travel to about midway the SSB. There was even "an island" sand bar that was quite large near the river, exposed at low tide.

SSB lunch was our normal go-to choice. No actual wood grilling at the beach this year, yet we still were able to get daily jerk chicken or hamburger or salad each day. Samantha still rocking the kitchen there.

Volleyball was sadly missing, this is a big deal for me. I was told that the Jamaican health ministry was adamant to keep the volleyball net off the pool, if Couples wanted the pool open at all.

Julia, Kayon, and Shani-Kay still working there at the SSB bar!

It was great to shed the clothes again!

Thanks for the update. We are looking forward to our first visit to SSB after 10+(can't remember) visits to either CSA or (CN=our favorite for the Au Natural beach). Our most recent visits have all been to CN. Definitely looking forward to visiting the "Ochi" side of the island as it has been many years since we visited that side. Irie