Default Recent travelers and Covid issues.

Has anyone traveled using the “enhanced protocols” that appear to be required to get in? How did it go?

We travelled July 20 to July 31 from FL-(hotspot) We took COVID test in the beginning of July knowing we would need to take a new test closer to travel date but did the test initially to make sure of course when we re-take test that our results will be negative and save us from cancelling trip. We submitted our travel auth to the Jamaica Travel board 5 days prior to our fly date so we went ahead and did another rapid covid test. The Jamaican travel board did not accept the most recent rapid covid test but accepted our older test. I think since the rapid test was not a PCR type Covid test and the first test we took was PCR type test. When we applied for the travel auth we received a reply back from them noting to provide PCR type covid test . We uploaded our older test and got the travel auth. So whomever reviewed our travel auth seemed more concerned with type of test being PCR then how old test was.

We did not have to re-test when we landed even though we came from a hot state & just went through the temp check, sanitizing checks and interview. We had Mobay but since we were the first flight arriving that Monday morning, we really did not need it.

We were the only ones in the transfer from the airport to CSS and the driver did not run the A/C- just windows-even though late July with heat in Jamaica it was NOT uncomfortable with just windows. I read elsewhere on facebook posts that was the case for other travellers going to CSS from airport where the transfer they did not run the A/C and just windows. Our transfer however from CSS to CSA, driver used A/C and our transfer from CSA back to the airport, driver used A/C. So not sure if you will have the same protocols in future but that was the first time we had a transfer without A/C and we have repeated to Couples almost every year since 2007.

Masks used at airport the whole time and on all transfers. As far as mask use on the resorts at both CSS and CSA.... in lobby/check in & gifts shops seems the only time we used masks and seemed like it was more enforced or encouraged. Also, we did the couples massage at both CSS and CSA and only time mask is required if you are turned over and lying on your back but if getting a massage and lying on stomach, masks are not required. Masks also required to board Catamaran at CSA but everyone took off masks after boarding catamaran.

Our stay at CSS, there were maybe 60 guests. For some of you regulars at CSS, they moved days they typically hold the repeaters dinner and lobster night so just be aware of that. We transferred to CSA the day repeaters and lobster night was changed to Thursdays instead of Wednesday as in years past. There were no buffets, themed nights on the lawn like GALA etc. They still had the entertainment as normally scheduled though. Everything was a la carte including breakfast at Pallazina. They were not running trading spaces or any Excursions-(Dunns river) off resort during our time there at CSS but I believe that may be changing also with time-perhaps may have change already now that it is August.

Our stay at CSA, much of the same as CSS, maybe 100 guests at CSA. Also, everything as far as dining is a la carte. At Palms, they do still have a pasta station and salad station-where you walk up to usual area at Palms and order-(tell them what you want and they will plate salad and make pasta for you) Seagrapes - tried to get fish tacos everyday-still good as always-(Let me pre-face that with i never eat seafood when I am at home just because I do not like the fishy taste of any kind of seafood but I tried a few seafood at a Couples and most seafood dishes I tried did not have that fishy taste I typically get- hence I could eat their fish tacos everyday when again I typically do not eat seafood. So those who are like me and don't like seafood- just give the fish tacos at Seagrapes a try and report back and let me know if you agree. For breakfast the only options are continental room service or a la carte at Palms. Don't worry for you looking for the banana stuffed french toast typically served at Patios for breakfast, that is on the breakfast menu at Palms. Albeit-for some reason the banana stuff french toast tasted better at Patois then at the Palms-(perhaps a psychological reason more than anything) Again all this may change with more guests on property but since it was low capacity when we went that were the breakfast options. For the repeaters dinner at CSA, was still on Monday but served at Lemongrass instead of Patois and seating was all individual tables not group tables. I had the best ice cream I tasted in awhile at the repeater's dinner. The menu described it as cinnamon flavor ice cream which when I read that was already not a fan since anything i taste with cinnamon is just overpowered by that - and it tasted more of a apple pie ice cream- IMHO the most tasteful item or very suprisingly delicious on the repeaters menu and the rest of the menu was also still very GOOOOOOD!

Also due to low capacity, the much sought after Palapas at CSA where folks get up at 5/6am or night before to save their spot, was not needed during our stay so that was nice being able to get a desired location on the beach. Vendors are still as fun and great to watch and hear while lazing on that amazing beach. I do see some newbies get irritated by some of the vendors, and for those of you that are new- if you don't want to be hassled or asked to buy anything from people just trying to make a living in their country, consider going to CSS or CTI as they are private beaches and wont have vendors asking you to buy things which CSA and CN will have. But that is a another reason we love that vibe we get at CSA with the locals- to me gives a little bit of the pulse of Jamaica. BTW everyone wears masks -the only people not wearing masks were tourists/guests and of all the conversations I had with employees and locals, they equally want this pandemic to end just as much as we do because they equally do not like wearing masks -(particular in the 90+ degree heat and humidity) BUT the main reason they all cited having to wear mask is to put all guests/tourists-(mainly americans) at ease and to feel safe.. One guest as I previously noted being irritated by vendors walking up and down the beach joked to other guests around him saying to one of the vendors.... "I want to rip off your mask and SAY now you have COVID!!!" That's the Type of person I wish bad things on But I did not just type that out loud. LOL

All in all, it was another great stay at both CSS and CSA. I almost forgot to note- CSS upgraded us from the cheapest room category we booked for to the beachfront suite which was great- We had a couple room issues at CSA like ph and ac not working but those issues were fixed in a timely manner.

Default Water sports

Quote Originally Posted by welovecouplesresorts View Post
    We travelled July 20 to July 31 from FL-(hotspot) We took COVID test in the beginning of July knowing we would need to take a new test closer to travel date but did the test initially to make sure of course when we re-take test that our results will be negative and save us from cancelling trip. We submitted our travel auth to the Jamaica Travel board 5 days prior to our fly date so we went ahead and did another rapid covid test. The Jamaican travel board did not accept the most recent rapid covid test but accepted our older test. I think since the rapid test was not a PCR type Covid test and the first test we took was PCR type test. When we applied for the travel auth we received a reply back from them noting to provide PCR type covid test . We uploaded our older test and got the travel auth. So whomever reviewed our travel auth seemed more concerned with type of test being PCR then how old test was.

We did not have to re-test when we landed even though we came from a hot state & just went through the temp check, sanitizing checks and interview. We had Mobay but since we were the first flight arriving that Monday morning, we really did not need it.

We were the only ones in the transfer from the airport to CSS and the driver did not run the A/C- just windows-even though late July with heat in Jamaica it was NOT uncomfortable with just windows. I read elsewhere on facebook posts that was the case for other travellers going to CSS from airport where the transfer they did not run the A/C and just windows. Our transfer however from CSS to CSA, driver used A/C and our transfer from CSA back to the airport, driver used A/C. So not sure if you will have the same protocols in future but that was the first time we had a transfer without A/C and we have repeated to Couples almost every year since 2007.

Masks used at airport the whole time and on all transfers. As far as mask use on the resorts at both CSS and CSA.... in lobby/check in & gifts shops seems the only time we used masks and seemed like it was more enforced or encouraged. Also, we did the couples massage at both CSS and CSA and only time mask is required if you are turned over and lying on your back but if getting a massage and lying on stomach, masks are not required. Masks also required to board Catamaran at CSA but everyone took off masks after boarding catamaran.

Our stay at CSS, there were maybe 60 guests. For some of you regulars at CSS, they moved days they typically hold the repeaters dinner and lobster night so just be aware of that. We transferred to CSA the day repeaters and lobster night was changed to Thursdays instead of Wednesday as in years past. There were no buffets, themed nights on the lawn like GALA etc. They still had the entertainment as normally scheduled though. Everything was a la carte including breakfast at Pallazina. They were not running trading spaces or any Excursions-(Dunns river) off resort during our time there at CSS but I believe that may be changing also with time-perhaps may have change already now that it is August.

Our stay at CSA, much of the same as CSS, maybe 100 guests at CSA. Also, everything as far as dining is a la carte. At Palms, they do still have a pasta station and salad station-where you walk up to usual area at Palms and order-(tell them what you want and they will plate salad and make pasta for you) Seagrapes - tried to get fish tacos everyday-still good as always-(Let me pre-face that with i never eat seafood when I am at home just because I do not like the fishy taste of any kind of seafood but I tried a few seafood at a Couples and most seafood dishes I tried did not have that fishy taste I typically get- hence I could eat their fish tacos everyday when again I typically do not eat seafood. So those who are like me and don't like seafood- just give the fish tacos at Seagrapes a try and report back and let me know if you agree. For breakfast the only options are continental room service or a la carte at Palms. Don't worry for you looking for the banana stuffed french toast typically served at Patios for breakfast, that is on the breakfast menu at Palms. Albeit-for some reason the banana stuff french toast tasted better at Patois then at the Palms-(perhaps a psychological reason more than anything) Again all this may change with more guests on property but since it was low capacity when we went that were the breakfast options. For the repeaters dinner at CSA, was still on Monday but served at Lemongrass instead of Patois and seating was all individual tables not group tables. I had the best ice cream I tasted in awhile at the repeater's dinner. The menu described it as cinnamon flavor ice cream which when I read that was already not a fan since anything i taste with cinnamon is just overpowered by that - and it tasted more of a apple pie ice cream- IMHO the most tasteful item or very suprisingly delicious on the repeaters menu and the rest of the menu was also still very GOOOOOOD!

Also due to low capacity, the much sought after Palapas at CSA where folks get up at 5/6am or night before to save their spot, was not needed during our stay so that was nice being able to get a desired location on the beach. Vendors are still as fun and great to watch and hear while lazing on that amazing beach. I do see some newbies get irritated by some of the vendors, and for those of you that are new- if you don't want to be hassled or asked to buy anything from people just trying to make a living in their country, consider going to CSS or CTI as they are private beaches and wont have vendors asking you to buy things which CSA and CN will have. But that is a another reason we love that vibe we get at CSA with the locals- to me gives a little bit of the pulse of Jamaica. BTW everyone wears masks -the only people not wearing masks were tourists/guests and of all the conversations I had with employees and locals, they equally want this pandemic to end just as much as we do because they equally do not like wearing masks -(particular in the 90+ degree heat and humidity) BUT the main reason they all cited having to wear mask is to put all guests/tourists-(mainly americans) at ease and to feel safe.. One guest as I previously noted being irritated by vendors walking up and down the beach joked to other guests around him saying to one of the vendors.... "I want to rip off your mask and SAY now you have COVID!!!" That's the Type of person I wish bad things on But I did not just type that out loud. LOL

All in all, it was another great stay at both CSS and CSA. I almost forgot to note- CSS upgraded us from the cheapest room category we booked for to the beachfront suite which was great- We had a couple room issues at CSA like ph and ac not working but those issues were fixed in a timely manner.
    How are the water sports Handled? Do they still do the cat ride, glass bottom and snorkel excursions? Social distance at the pools and Bar
    areas? Are the pools safe? Do they clean the chairs often? Trip planed for may 2021.

That was really useful information... perhaps the best I've seen anywhere. Thanks for taking the time to post.

We leave in 5 days so I'll keep posting updates...

I'll start with this - the wait between when you take the test and get the results - a bit nerve wracking... Especially knowing that a) you could come back positive, and b) If the test was invalid or they lost it or something - there's not much of a window for a re-test!

Didn't help that the Dept of Health butchered our email addresses and names so I had to call to get results after waiting for 3 days.

Now, to get pre-authorized to fly to Jamaica now that I have the negative results.

Quote Originally Posted by 4beachbums View Post
    How are the water sports Handled? Do they still do the cat ride, glass bottom and snorkel excursions? Social distance at the pools and Bar
    areas? Are the pools safe? Do they clean the chairs often? Trip planed for may 2021.
    All water sports ran as usual but maybe less times and when I say that, I mean if they usually ran a 9am, 10am, 11, 12 1 etc snorkel or glass bottom times, they limited a to perhaps 3 times a day. My wife and I typically do all those particularly snorkling but since we don't have our own equipment and with COVID situation we were hesitant so did not do a snorkel . The water sports guys did come to us because we would walk by them everyday asking us why we having gone and we explained to them we were just worried about COVID but they assured if we went they disinfect all the equipment thoroughly - which I trust BUT just to take an abundance of caution, we elected not to do that this time around.

Yes the Cat cruise is still running. They required masks to board but wasn't enforced after boarding. NOt sure what procedures are currently.

Yes the chairs around the bars have been moved so guests can't congregate OR at least that was the idea - of course some folks hung out at the bar not social distancing

Yes pools are safe at least in our time there, I would hope the chlorine in the pools kills a lot of germs-again I hope that is the case. When guest left pool bar area, the bartenders would spray down top-both at CSS and CSA. Both my wife tested again right away when we got home and results were once again negative.