Default Jamaica On Line Imigration

I was browsing through a vacation site and came across a link to on line Jamaica immigration form C5. Has anyone tried this and does it save time in the lines?

Life is good

We are going to try it for our upcoming trip. Some have had good results using it while others have said it was a waste. We will still fill out the one on the plane as a back up, but tell the agent we filled it out online. I don't know how much time you can save but I can only remember once we had a 20 minute wait, and that was a long time ago. Every other time it has gone rather quick
    CTI - 07, 10, 13, 15, 16, 18, 21

[QUOTE=Beach-bum;321325]I was browsing through a vacation site and came across a link to on line Jamaica immigration form C5. Has anyone tried this and does it save time in the lines?

Life is good [/QUOTE

We tried it as an experiment in December. We also filled out the paper form just in case. We were also using Club Mobay. I didn't notice much difference until we reached the final stage at Customs. We had picked up our luggage and were good to go. We went with our Club Mobay guide to the Club Mobay customs station. The officer there didn't have a passport reader at his station and had to take our passports to another line to be read. All in all, it didn't save any time. Perhaps they have added technology to all the lines by now.
    Last edited by Mary; January 28th, 2020 at 12:21 PM.

Thanks for the info. It might take some time for this for work more efficiently. We usually use Mobay also and didn't coming in on a Saturday afternoon on our last trip. The Mobay line ended up being longer than the normal lines. We also use the US Mobile Passport app. We found out that Atlanta no longer accepts it. Technology might be complicating travel and not helping.

Life is good

Default Immigration forms

Quote Originally Posted by Beach-bum View Post
    I was browsing through a vacation site and came across a link to on line Jamaica immigration form C5. Has anyone tried this and does it save time in the lines?

Life is good
    We filled out the online forms and when we got to Jamaican immigration there were no lines and walked up to a booth and told the officer we filled one out online. We also filled one out on the plane which he did not want. He said if it was busy there was another line to use. We went through very quickly..

It is really hit or miss depending upon the time of year, day of week, and time of day how much time you save. We arrived at Sangster International Airport on 2/8/2020, a Saturday, around noon local time. We purchased Club MOBAY. We walked past about 1000 people to get to the Club MOBAY line. There was about 30 people in that line. But it was much faster than the regular line. But other times I am sure you could get through the lines just as fast as Club MOBAY. Tuesday during the off time of year for example. So you really need to pay attention to the time of year, day of week, and time of day. I watch the Sangster International Airport Arrival page.

Enjoy your stay in paradise
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2022?