Default Couples Negril Beachfront Suite Maintenance

We booked our 11th visit to CN last March for the first week in January 2020 and we decided to splurge on a Beachfront Suite because itís my husbandís birthday and weíve never gone anywhere in January. I received a call from the resort on Dec 23 informing me that we have been downgraded because they have decided to do maintenance on the Beachfront Suites that week! I was not nasty, but I was quite upset as she couldnít explain why we hadnít been informed earlier or why they had to do all of the rooms that very week! She wanted to put us in a regular room and I told her that was unacceptable and that we had been anticipating this trip all year as I had major surgery and a very difficult recovery, not to mention that it was my husbandís birthday. After being on hold for quite sometime, she returned and said she would try to get us into a Garden Suite. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know about this so called maintenance? Someone told me they believe we got bumped because they were able to sell the room at a higher price. If thatís the case, we might have to say goodbye to our ďhomeĒ. So disappointed.

Hi, we have been to CN 5 times and have stayed in the beach front as well as the garden suites. We actually like the garden suites better. They are exactly the same room layouts and offer the same perks. We had issues last Spring with room service not being offered. After calling the front desk, and a lot of talking, they said that these rooms do still have room service. As you probably know, the garden suites are only in buildings 8 and 9. We always ask for the 3rd floor. Management has changed at the top and we are seeing changes that are more business related. After 20 visits to Couples we are also wondering what the future holds.

I find it odd that they would close down their most expensive room on this resort during busy season. I honestly don't think this room was sold to someone else at a higher price. Couples could very easily get caught if they did this. While you are there, take a walk by these rooms and see if they are all occupied. If they are, ask to speak to the manager and make them explain this to your face.

More likely something serious is wrong with one or more rooms in this category that require immediate attention. It is very unusual to close down a room at this time of year. In general, the heavy maintenance is done during the off season around September, when there are fewer guests on the resort.

Although this may be disappointing, don't let it spoil your stay.Your attitude can ruin what could still be a nice vacation.

Enjoy your stay in paradise

Only 31 days to CN
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2022?