Hybrid View

Default SSB River where now?

We fell in love with SSB last year and will return in a couple months. Can anyone tell me the river outlet position this year compared to last year?

Quote Originally Posted by sandyhub View Post
    We fell in love with SSB last year and will return in a couple months. Can anyone tell me the river outlet position this year compared to last year?
    I'll know in just a few days

It only takes one good storm to move all the sand around but it always comes back eventually - in recent years it's built up nicely and the river goes almost straight out

There have been years where the river flowed right in front of the palapas

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAndKristin View Post
    I'll know in just a few days

It only takes one good storm to move all the sand around but it always comes back eventually - in recent years it's built up nicely and the river goes almost straight out

There have been years where the river flowed right in front of the palapas
    It was like that last year. The boats actually had to come into the SSB waters or try to go over the sand, depending on the tide.

We were there in April, the river was pretty much going straight out with lots of beach on SSB

We just returned and the river changed several times during our stay. During our stay, the river started heading straighter out to the ocean and quickly built a BEAUTIFUL sandbar.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Quote Originally Posted by JEANNEW View Post
    We just returned and the river changed several times during our stay. During our stay, the river started heading straighter out to the ocean and quickly built a BEAUTIFUL sandbar.
    That sand bar was awesome! It split the river in two, but if you ventured onto the sand bar on the other side was sandy, warm and deep water - almost like in Negril!

First time I've been able to swim at SSB every single day without needing shoes or getting cold from the river.