Results 1 to 9 of 9

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default September 2020 CTI

    Hello everyone, I am sure this question/topic has probably been asked countless times but I don't seem to see anything recent regarding my question. My husband and I were originally planning a September 2020 one week stay as CSS but with the recent news that renovations will start in late spring, I have decided that CTI would be a better option as we are first time travelers and have never gone out of the country and in fact, have never gone on vacation at all in the 25 years we have been married. I simply don't want the experience to include a resort that may be partially open. So .... my question is what is the best time to book at the best price for Couples resorts ? I've been keeping an eye on pricing but from what I have been seeing there isn't much fluctuation. Should I just go ahead and book and not worry about it because there won't be that much difference in pricing or is there a good time of year to keep in mind ?

    Thanks so much !!! Kindra
    Tim & Kindra

    CSS September 2021

  2. #2

    Default

    Hi Kindra,
    I believe that you and I chatted on Trip Advisor. Are you still seeking info? Feel free to PM me thru Trip Advisor if I can be of any further assistance to you!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion0767 View Post
    Hello everyone, I am sure this question/topic has probably been asked countless times but I don't seem to see anything recent regarding my question. My husband and I were originally planning a September 2020 one week stay as CSS but with the recent news that renovations will start in late spring, I have decided that CTI would be a better option as we are first time travelers and have never gone out of the country and in fact, have never gone on vacation at all in the 25 years we have been married. I simply don't want the experience to include a resort that may be partially open. So .... my question is what is the best time to book at the best price for Couples resorts ? I've been keeping an eye on pricing but from what I have been seeing there isn't much fluctuation. Should I just go ahead and book and not worry about it because there won't be that much difference in pricing or is there a good time of year to keep in mind ?

    Thanks so much !!! Kindra
    We have an entire blog devoted to all of these questions - http://couples.tips - including getting a good deal and tips for first time travelers

    The short answer is yes, go ahead and book and reserve your room for the best price per night - the price per night will only go up from here. However - keep an eye out for specials because that's what will save you the most money and they'll happily re-book you at the new total.

    You want to look for the free night specials - if your trip is long enough - that could be 2 nights free!

    I booked October 2019 a year in advance - once the free night sales were extended to fall, I simply re-booked the same room at the new total by sending an email.

    You have to let them know to re-book - they will not do it automatically.

    Now airfare - that's an entirely different game - we have a blog post on that as well... This year, I saved 40% by booking early, last year - I lost 20% by booking early - much different game as there are numerous factors...

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAndKristin View Post
    We have an entire blog devoted to all of these questions - http://couples.tips - including getting a good deal and tips for first time travelers

    The short answer is yes, go ahead and book and reserve your room for the best price per night - the price per night will only go up from here. However - keep an eye out for specials because that's what will save you the most money and they'll happily re-book you at the new total.

    You want to look for the free night specials - if your trip is long enough - that could be 2 nights free!

    I booked October 2019 a year in advance - once the free night sales were extended to fall, I simply re-booked the same room at the new total by sending an email.

    You have to let them know to re-book - they will not do it automatically.

    Now airfare - that's an entirely different game - we have a blog post on that as well... This year, I saved 40% by booking early, last year - I lost 20% by booking early - much different game as there are numerous factors...
    Wow !! What a great blog ! Lots and lots of very useful information. Thanks so much for directing me to the right spot. I am going to book some time in the next two months, just waiting to see if there are any of the usual promotions that run February-ish. Again, thank you - big help !
    Tim & Kindra

    CSS September 2021

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAndKristin View Post
    We have an entire blog devoted to all of these questions - http://couples.tips - including getting a good deal and tips for first time travelers

    The short answer is yes, go ahead and book and reserve your room for the best price per night - the price per night will only go up from here. However - keep an eye out for specials because that's what will save you the most money and they'll happily re-book you at the new total.

    You want to look for the free night specials - if your trip is long enough - that could be 2 nights free!

    I booked October 2019 a year in advance - once the free night sales were extended to fall, I simply re-booked the same room at the new total by sending an email.

    You have to let them know to re-book - they will not do it automatically.

    Now airfare - that's an entirely different game - we have a blog post on that as well... This year, I saved 40% by booking early, last year - I lost 20% by booking early - much different game as there are numerous factors...
    LOL, sorry for the double post .....
    Last edited by Orion0767; January 27th, 2020 at 10:00 PM.
    Tim & Kindra

    CSS September 2021

  6. #6

    Default

    We have book a number of trips and received the 1 free night. We stay 14 nights. How do we get 2 free night?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beth View Post
    We have book a number of trips and received the 1 free night. We stay 14 nights. How do we get 2 free night?
    I would use the website booking which also shows the per night prices, then make a note of prices and call the Couples number and let them know what you want. Have the total price that you want ready. Of course if you make two separate reservations or even split your stay someone said you can use your rewards credits earned in first week in the second week. A year ago, I used their customer service to get a flight that wasn’t showing on their booking engine for the same price as the flight showing with the Couples package which I was selecting on the Couples site. Loved the rep helping me by phone. You could email them your questions and another post said the live chat on website worked well for them.
    Enjoy your trip! We head to Couples Negril tomorrow!

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beth View Post
    We have book a number of trips and received the 1 free night. We stay 14 nights. How do we get 2 free night?
    The special they have going now for fall 2019 travel is book 5 nights and you get a 6th night free - the 5 nights needs to be at the same resort though - so if you booked 12 consecutive nights at Tower Island you should have been given a rate that included 2 nights free.

    The website can be confusing though as they take the free nights, and then reduce your nightly total so it just looks like the rate is much lower - it doesn't really say "You just got 2 nights free" - you just have to do the math.

    However - I think you want to travel in 2020? The specials are only valid for 2019 right now...

    You won't see specials for September 2020 until around May 2020

  9. #9

    Default

    Beth, do you mean the Book 6 Nights and get one Free? If you are staying 14 nights at one resort, you cannot get another "free" night with that promotion. If you are staying 7 nights at one resort and 7 nights at another Couples resort, then you would pay for 12 nights and get 2 free, but you would have had to book it that way during the promotion.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •