Default CSA or CN, which to choose?

My wife and I are trying to decide which resort to go to this year. We previously stayed at CTI in 2016 and loved it, but want to give the Negril area a try. I have a few questions that if answered I think will help make up our minds!

1. Does either resort have elevators in room buildings or just stairs? We are both in our 60's and stairs are not our best friends!
    2. Does the beach at CN have any palapas or umbrellas or is the only shade available from the trees?
    3. Does the beach at CSA have palapas or umbrellas?
    4. Is the beach area at CN as good as the beach area at CSA?
    5. For a couple of old farts that like to lie around the beach most of the day reading, drinking, and going in the ocean, which would you recommend over the other, and why?

Anything else anyone can think of that may steer us to one resort over the other, fire away!

Thanks in advance.

You are going to love Negril, whichever you choose!

1.There are no elevators in either resort. The buildings at CN are 3 floors high, some at CSA are 2 and some 3.
    2. No palapas or umbrellas on the beach at CN, only trees - but there is plenty of shade.
    3. The beach at CSA has palapas but they are highly sort after and people get up at silly-o'clock to reserve them. There are also trees.
    4. Nothing in it! Of course CSA is a more spread out resort so the beach is longer. The beach at CN always seems deeper than CSA but I'm not sure that is actually the case.
    5. Either would suit you - we're well ahead of you in years, :-) and we like them both although we are tending towards CN atm as we have found more groups are going to CSA.

You cant go wrong with either, but make sure you do a Trading Places day, just to have a look at the other resort.

Hi,
    We have been to CSA 12 times and CN 5.
    1. No elevators and CN or CSA. You can request a 1st floor room at both resorts.
    2. Both resorts have lots of shade. CSA has lots of palapas, but you have to get up at sunrise to get one. No umbrellas, thankfully.
    3. CSA just has the palapas.
    4. We like the beach at CSA the best because of how big and deep it is. CN has a nice beach and the water is calmer because it is located in a bay.
    5. I would recommend CN because its more compact with less walking. CSA is spread out with the restaurants at both ends of the property.
    We prefer CSA because we love to sit on the beach at sunset. We like CN because its smaller and more personable. The food quality is the about the same but the drink menu at CN is much better. You will enjoy either property.

A number of years ago I wrote a really detailed review of CSA and Couples negril. You can find it here:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...h_Jamaica.html

You will be happy either place, but take a look at the review ( and subsequent reviews of each) to see what my wife thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricks View Post
    My wife and I are trying to decide which resort to go to this year. We previously stayed at CTI in 2016 and loved it, but want to give the Negril area a try. I have a few questions that if answered I think will help make up our minds!

1. Does either resort have elevators in room buildings or just stairs? We are both in our 60's and stairs are not our best friends!
    2. Does the beach at CN have any palapas or umbrellas or is the only shade available from the trees?
    3. Does the beach at CSA have palapas or umbrellas?
    4. Is the beach area at CN as good as the beach area at CSA?
    5. For a couple of old farts that like to lie around the beach most of the day reading, drinking, and going in the ocean, which would you recommend over the other, and why?

Anything else anyone can think of that may steer us to one resort over the other, fire away!

Thanks in advance.
    I just wanted to point out that CSA does indeed have an elevator in the Great House only. If you selected a Great House room, you would have access to an elevator. But you might prefer a villa (more rustic and Jamaican) than the hotel-like rooms in the Great House - so you'd need to weigh that. Keep in mind that specific rooms are not guaranteed, only categories. CSA is my personal favorite, but there is a lot of walking as it is a large (long, skinny) resort, but the walking is scenic and there are places to stop for a drink in route. There are some palapas at CSA, but they are few and tend to get snatched up early in the morning. But, there are plenty of shade trees at the back of the beach and almost always a spot where you can set up in the shade. My thought is that no beach is as good as CSA's, but CN's is not too shabby (I mean also amazing) and CN has a much nicer pool and swim up bar, if you like that sort of thing. Honestly, both are optimal places to read, drink and go into the ocean - you can't really go wrong.

If you were OK with the stairs to the beach at CTI, then you'll be just fine at either Couples Negril or Swept Away - just request a ground floor room.

The one thing to consider is Swept Away does not have any kind of Au Naturale facilities like the island - Couples Negril does have a small section

Otherwise - You could just flip a coin and you'd be just fine