Default What's your favorite excursion?

We don't leave the resort much, but the times we have, we ended up doing some really great excursions so each year we do try to plan at least one trip off the resort.

Each year we manage to find a new excursion that seems to top last years but I'm running a little short on ideas this year so tell me about your favorite excursions - I have lots, but I'll focus on what we did last year:

1> Keith's Bamboo Crew and the white river fisherman's village - right next to Sans Souci / Sunset beach is shaw park - this where you will get picked up for a nice raft trip up and down the beautiful white river which I highly recommend. Takes about 3-4 hours and includes lunch/Red Stripe.

Many of you have already heard of this excursion so I'll skip the details, but this year we did something else - we had Keith drop us off under the bridge and he took us on a walk through the fisherman's village where we took pictures, talked to the locals (including most of the boat captains from our raft trip) and had a couple of Red Stripes at one of the local bars.

We also explored Shaw Park beach on the way back which is a really nice place to swim with deep, clear water that's not cold from the river. A lot of people like to walk along the beach - this is really the only place at CSS to go for a decent walk on the beach - just let the security guard know you're leaving and when you expect to be back.

2> Kaya Herb House - During our stay this year they were filming for the new web site and so SSB closed early! So on a whim, we decided to try out Kaya Herb House. This is the only legal dispensary on the island and it was worth the time/money as the quality is superb. They also have food (pastries, pizza, coffee) and a small bar so after touring the dispensary, we sat outside and had a couple of red stripes while we chatted with the very friendly bar tenders.

We only spent a couple of hours at Kaya House but it's also right next door to Scotchies so you could do both in one trip.

We've done more, but I'd like to hear what your favorites are.

One of our favorites was the Zion Bus Tour to the Bob Marley Mausoleum. The ride got a little interesting at times but we had a great tour guide and they served Rum Punch on the bus. Had a quick snack on the ride up and a lunch on the ride back at a little stand about half way there which was included. You could purchase Red Stripe and drinks at this stop.

You can smoke there but you don't have to either. Just a warning so you are not surprised. This is Bob Marley's home.

Saw the little house and single bed that inspired the song Is This Love. This is the place where he was brought up before he and his mother moved to Kingston. Bob Marley later purchased the property and used it as a place to get away and be inspired.

Leaves the resort early and takes about 1/2 day. I wouldn't recommend it from the Negril resorts because it starts so early in the day.

Enjoy your stay in paradise
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2022?

Likely not your idea of an excursion, but the few times we have flown TimAir to Negril, we consider that to be our excursion. Usually (but not always) a time saver...allowed us to be on the beach by 11:15 a.m. one trip - though we were on the beach at 11:45 a.m. in April taking the bus. The TimAir flight is fun, an exciting way to have a bottle of Red Stripe.

My favorite excursion?? I let sand gravity dictate my day, LOL! If we are at CSS, the favorite excursion is to do Keith's Bamboo tour. The boats pick you up and deliver you back to SSB...no need to leave...no need to hire a driver.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018