Thread: 6:00 on SSB...

Hybrid View

Default 6:00 on SSB...

This year was very interesting when it got to be 6:00 on SSB.

As you all know - there's a bit of confusion as to whether SSB is clothing optional or not at 6:00 - most of us just go hide in the pool/hot tub so as not to be gawked at, so no worries.

However, this year there were a lot of Couples that came over at 6:00 to give Au Naturel a try.

There were several women who went topless, while their husbands may or may not have participated.

There was also a group of very drunk guys who eventually dropped their trousers - much to the embarrassment of their wives

And there was also a couple where the woman went completely nude while the husband did not and another that did the opposite.

We eventually saw a few of these people at SSB the following days so I thought that was pretty cool as it changed the atmosphere quite a bit compared to the usual crowd of gawky textiles that tend to come over for sunset.

I also thought that was a brilliant way to handle the undecided spouse - clearly it helped a few couples.

It was very interesting to see their excitement/reactions - and very clear they had all read something and planned ahead for it - it was likely this mb that gave them the idea - I know there are a lot of "views" - even if not many reply

We saw something that was a bit infuriating ourselves. A couple in their 60's came out to SSB in the morning to spend some time and the lady decided to keep her bottoms on. Security was right on top of it and informed her that she had to be totally nude to stay there. Her response was that she thought that only applied to men in spite of all the signs including the ones on and just inside the gate. Security told her no, that is not the case and if she wanted to stay she would have to totally nude.
    After security left, her and her friends had the usual whiny, entitled discussion that the rules shouldn't be enforced because it was her first time and talked to a staff member who told them she could stay and keep her bottoms on.
    I can't speak for everyone here but I'm not good with this, the rules are posted for everyone to see and apply to everyone regardless of if it is your first time.

Quote Originally Posted by IrieNewf View Post
    We saw something that was a bit infuriating ourselves. A couple in their 60's came out to SSB in the morning to spend some time and the lady decided to keep her bottoms on. Security was right on top of it and informed her that she had to be totally nude to stay there. Her response was that she thought that only applied to men in spite of all the signs including the ones on and just inside the gate. Security told her no, that is not the case and if she wanted to stay she would have to totally nude.
    After security left, her and her friends had the usual whiny, entitled discussion that the rules shouldn't be enforced because it was her first time and talked to a staff member who told them she could stay and keep her bottoms on.
    I can't speak for everyone here but I'm not good with this, the rules are posted for everyone to see and apply to everyone regardless of if it is your first time.
    Yeah that's not cool at all... And I don't understand this one to be honest - the rules are clear but there will always be those who want special treatment.

I personally think it's more about that - causing a scene and getting your way than it is about an actual hesitation/reason to not take the bottoms off. My guess is they go around the entire resort wanting special treatment.

We had some of those people too but security was on top of it. One couple came out and the woman wouldn't undress at all even though the husband was essentially begging her to join (this was at the pool in front of everyone too) - he needed a lot of convincing from the security guard to leave after realizing that his wife wasn't going to participate no matter how drunk she was. Finally they left. Have to give him credit though, he tried, just failed on execution.

Another time a guy came with 2 girls from a cruise ship for the day (both kept bottoms on) - the security guard talked to them for a while - I have to give her credit, she was very patient with them explaining the rules. Finally they got fully undressed (I wasn't sure why both girls got to stay though). Turned out the 2nd girl was his sister which was the reason for the hesitation (Awkward - they ended up being very nice and participated fully once they understood but for a while I wasn't sure...

and there's always the woman who keeps her bottoms on till she has enough drinks - which takes about 7-8 minutes - she's there every year :P

The funniest though was a woman who would basically not stop grabbing her crotch - meaning she didn't want "anyone to see down there" so anytime she got out of the pool she used both hands to cover things and she would walk everywhere like that - she'd hold her drink down there, smoke her cigarette covering her crotch... We called her "crotchedy ol crotch lady"

I don't envy the staff for having to sort all this out as it's probably an almost daily occurrence.

Hopefully, others reading this will realize 6:00pm is "clothing optional" and is the better time to explore Au Naturel - first time or not you can take your time and get used to things and undress at your own pace.

Bring that un-decided spouse and surprise him/her by just undressing and daring he/she to join you

Better yet, bring your drunk ass spouse (the one who wouldn't stop harassing you in front of everyone to join them) strip them naked, take their clothes and just leave them there!

Anything goes at 6:00!

All other times you're expected to fully un-dress once you've gotten settled into a spot or you will be asked to leave!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAndKristin View Post
    Yeah that's not cool at all... And I don't understand this one to be honest - the rules are clear but there will always be those who want special treatment.

I personally think it's more about that - causing a scene and getting your way than it is about an actual hesitation/reason to not take the bottoms off. My guess is they go around the entire resort wanting special treatment.

We had some of those people too but security was on top of it. One couple came out and the woman wouldn't undress at all even though the husband was essentially begging her to join (this was at the pool in front of everyone too) - he needed a lot of convincing from the security guard to leave after realizing that his wife wasn't going to participate no matter how drunk she was. Finally they left. Have to give him credit though, he tried, just failed on execution.

Another time a guy came with 2 girls from a cruise ship for the day (both kept bottoms on) - the security guard talked to them for a while - I have to give her credit, she was very patient with them explaining the rules. Finally they got fully undressed (I wasn't sure why both girls got to stay though). Turned out the 2nd girl was his sister which was the reason for the hesitation (Awkward - they ended up being very nice and participated fully once they understood but for a while I wasn't sure...

and there's always the woman who keeps her bottoms on till she has enough drinks - which takes about 7-8 minutes - she's there every year :P

The funniest though was a woman who would basically not stop grabbing her crotch - meaning she didn't want "anyone to see down there" so anytime she got out of the pool she used both hands to cover things and she would walk everywhere like that - she'd hold her drink down there, smoke her cigarette covering her crotch... We called her "crotchedy ol crotch lady"

I don't envy the staff for having to sort all this out as it's probably an almost daily occurrence.

Hopefully, others reading this will realize 6:00pm is "clothing optional" and is the better time to explore Au Naturel - first time or not you can take your time and get used to things and undress at your own pace.

Bring that un-decided spouse and surprise him/her by just undressing and daring he/she to join you

Better yet, bring your drunk ass spouse (the one who wouldn't stop harassing you in front of everyone to join them) strip them naked, take their clothes and just leave them there!

Anything goes at 6:00!

All other times you're expected to fully un-dress once you've gotten settled into a spot or you will be asked to leave!
    The part that really irritates me is the sense of entitlement. This whole" I don't want to follow the posted rules like everybody else so change it just for me". The rest of us respect the rules as a social leveler so what makes them so special.
    It was good to see security jumping on it quickly and respectfully pointing out the rules. One security guard would give a little talk to people heading to the nearby public beach to remind them of what the rules are there so they wouldn't offend anybody which I thought was a great idea.

When we go to CSS again, we will be sure to stay later next time. We made our dinner time too early last year and left SSB before sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by foreverbarefootSXM View Post
    When we go to CSS again, we will be sure to stay later next time. We made our dinner time too early last year and left SSB before sunset.
    We made that mistake our first trips too - now we stay until the mosquitos come out - which is about 5 minutes after sunset

It took us a couple of trips to figure this out too but we used to walk all the way up to the lobby to make reservations and because of that we would make a few days in advance - which sometimes didn't work out right.

Then we realized we could just use the phone at SSB and call at anytime to make/change a reservation without even getting dressed!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAndKristin View Post
    Then we realized we could just use the phone at SSB and call at anytime to make/change a reservation without even getting dressed!
    Brilliant! I will definitely keep that in mind on our next trip. Thanks for the tip.