Default Sunset Beach Crowds?

In our first 5 visits to Sans Souci, Sunset Beach was never more than half full. Never had a problem finding a shady spot any time of day.

We are were there in spring, 2018, and even though we are early birds (on the beach by 8:30 am), we could never find a shady spot. Everything was taken every morning.

We hope to go this summer and are wondering how crowded it has been recently.

Thanks for any input.

[QUOTE=dosequis4me;319081]In our first 5 visits to Sans Souci, Sunset Beach was never more than half full. Never had a problem finding a shady spot any time of day.

We are were there in spring, 2018, and even though we are early birds (on the beach by 8:30 am), we could never find a shady spot. Everything was taken every morning.
    This is not “recent” but may tell how months are different. We went mid June 2018 and SSB was not crowded except in the pool near the bar after 10 a.m. when bar opened. We got to SSB around 7:45 each morning and only one couple on beach usually. We put down our towels (I always bring one from room (room and beach towels are all the same) and one of my own from home and those little towel clips for chair and sunscreen in little tote bag. We told the lifeguard/staff that we were going for breakfast and would be right back - no problem - there are so many papalas and the trees to the far right also make shade so there was plenty shade all day and others obtained spots on beach with plenty of room. I really thing summer is less crowded. Breakfast was not busy and we were back on beach in 30 minutes or so. Many days we stayed at SSB all day until time to go get ready for dinner. If I started getting too hot sitting in shade, I just rinsed off under the shower by the pool steps and went back to papala. Hubby never gets too warm LOL so he loved SSB in June. Had to MAKE him leave to check out mineral pool and grotto, etc. Enjoy!

I do know that spring is their high season and the times we went in May it was pretty full. Those years we were lucky to find any shade at all.

It depends on what part of summer you're going.

Not sure about June/July but considering school is out, most parents would be traveling with kids so I would expect it to slow down a bit.

We have gone in mid August and it wasn't very crowded at all. I also know September is very, very quiet too.

We usually go in October and average about 15-20 couples max on SSB.

It starts to pick back up in early November with the holidays being very crowded.

We were there the last two weeks of April and had no trouble finding a shady spot until around 11:00 am, even with a group rolling in on our last week there. The pool was crowded though.

Good to know about September since it may be that long before our family schedules and work allow us to squeeze in a trip. Thanks for posting.

On a slightly related note, they are now grilling the burgers and jerk chicken on charcoal at the SSB grill. Best burgers and chicken we have ever had there!

Quote Originally Posted by IrieNewf View Post
    On a slightly related note, they are now grilling the burgers and jerk chicken on charcoal at the SSB grill. Best burgers and chicken we have ever had there!
    Man, just when thinking on going to Couples Negril, you make the CSS grilling sound better than ever. Tempted to go back there again! 😀

Default -

I with you do not agree
    hardware GameP