Hybrid View

Default Couples has really buried the Message Board

I guess Couples really wants to get rid of the message board. With the new web page design, it is further buried below more pages. Well, I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by rim1one View Post
    I guess Couples really wants to get rid of the message board. With the new web page design, it is further buried below more pages. Well, I enjoyed it while it lasted.
    I just google Couples Message Board and select it that way daily.

Agree!

I wouldn't say that. There is a link called Connect at the bottom of Couples homepage. Two clicks and you are here. This is the same place the Connect link was located on the past few versions of their website and the same number of clicks.

In my opinion the reason there is less traffic on the Message Board is because people are using the Social Media sites to communicate. I have never been a fan of Social Media and don't use them. If anything I would say the new website has buried the Social Media links. These used to be at the bottom of the main website and on the Connect page. I haven't found these on the new website.

Another observation. I made a post on this Message board the other day and I think it was up on the board yesterday. In about a day it had 47 views. I think people are still coming to the Message Board. They are just not making a lot of posts or comments lately. We need to keep up the posts and comments to keep this going. Hint Hint.
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by rim1one View Post
    They also kind of buried the Romance Rewards links - they aren't even displayed on mobile devices - hope it's not a sign for RR as well

You have to click "Already Booked" - which is almost hidden in the header:

https://couples.com/already-booked/romance-rewards

(Update) they added a "romance rewards" link to the footer links.
    Last edited by MichaelAndKristin; May 1st, 2019 at 09:36 AM.

I agree with mad Jack and I too dislike social media. Although social media gives much quicker gratification, I appreciate the moderated message board filtering out some of the silliness that you find on social media.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

I agree. I had to google it to find it. I really believed initially that they had canned the whole thing. That would be a shame because as far as I know it is the only resort chain that has this. Yes Facebook has killed a lot of this as they have mowed pretty much everything else, but this is a valuable resource and it shows how much Couples cares about its customers.

I like this format a lot better than social media - simply because it's a lot easier to go back and answer your questions on your own

I'm not on fb anymore for a lot of reasons (mostly privacy) - but it's mostly just the same questions asked over and over

My only problem is they don't update it often enough - I know there's not many people on here so not much of a reason but...

I tried to get to the MB from the main page and I couldn't find it. I clicked on the connect link as I did on previous versions and still no luck. Someone checking out the Couples site for the first time would never know it even existed. They would most likely end up on FB before discovering all the great and valuable info right here. I certainly like the MB better because some of the questions asked here would seem to be too embarrassing to be asked on FB.
    CTI - 07, 10, 13, 15, 16, 18, 21

DonCindy:

You are absolutely right. One of the reason my wife and I keep going back to Couples is that they have this public forum (no such thing at C******) . I would think this board would attract first timers, if only they knew about it. One the other hand, at our last repeaters dinner, more than half the people who were at the resort that week were repeaters. Perhaps they don't need more repeaters!

Agree, the social media sites are filled with the same 4-5 stupid topics that are beat to death multiple times daily. This is much more straightforward and best of all, no drama like social media which has gotten bad. We left FB several months ago (was admin on a couple large Couples Groups), hell I even started a few of them lol. Just got to be so meh. Looking forward to being back at CSS/SSB first week of August!

I decided to stop giving fb my content for free and also realized I have 1000s of photos and nothing to do with them...

So I started this site - http://couples.tips - just for fun

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAndKristin View Post
    I decided to stop giving fb my content for free and also realized I have 1000s of photos and nothing to do with them...

Fantastic! This site needs more exposure. Couples would do well to take a look at it.

Default Amazing Site!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAndKristin View Post

Just checked out the site!!! LOVE IT!!! Thank you so much for this little jewel!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamed View Post
    Just checked out the site!!! LOVE IT!!! Thank you so much for this little jewel!!
    thanks so much! We have fun with it and I finally have a place to put all my photos!

No kidding eh! I used to be on this thing daily, multiple times even, but now it's just not the same. No photo contest either which is depressing, it was great to see all the pictures. Many changes but the staff still rules and really isn't that what matters!

The staff is great. I enjoyed the photo contest also -- I wish they would bring something like that back. The interaction between the users is what makes the message board great, and sadly that has been significantly diminished for several reasons.

I like the message board format. Its much easier to find information you are looking for and easier to ask. Facebook and TA get the same questions asked over and over. And good info gets buried. I just dont like the moderation aspect.