Default Itís been 8 years and looking to return...

We stayed at San Souci 8 years ago and we are thinking about a return trip to Couples. We enjoyed San Souci but thought about trying one of the other resorts. For us the food, bed comfort, air conditioning of our room and AN beach is whatís important. Any advice? Thanks!

We have been to Towers twice and San Souci once, we are returning to Towers in April this year. We enjoyed both resorts and each has their own unique qualities, we just enjoyed the setting and the staff at Towers abit more. We liked our room which was the Ocean Jr. Suite, the beds were comfy, the air was good as cold as you wanted, the food is fantastic ( going to give the edge to Towers on this one ). The staff was very good at both locations, just got to know the staff abit more at Towers. You would enjoy both resorts on your trip and other couples will tell you they prefer one more then the other, but go and enjoy your well deserve break with your spouse and forget about life for a day or two. Maybe we will see ya all there?
    Flatlanders from South Dakota

Welcome Back

You can eliminate CSA. Best beach in my opinion but no AN section.

We like CTI. On the island it depends upon what you like. If you like a group atmosphere go left on the path. If you like seclusion, go right.

CN has a nice AN section. What we didn't like about CN is that in Jamaica the area on any beach next to the water is considered public property. Translated - there is a constant parade of venders, drug dealers, and people from other resorts on the beach. You are also exposed to the general public while entering the water. Most people using the AN section are not bothered by this. For us it was an issue. At CN there are more secluded areas an group areas in the AN section.

For the overall resort I think all of them are equally nice. Each resort will have its strong and weak points but overall they are all of them are equally nice.

A suggestion. Register with the Romance Rewards program on the main Couples website. When you get to your resort take advantage of the Trading places program. You can go to the other Couples resort in the same city for the day. Happens every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. You will be at the other resort from about 10AM until 4PM. Space is limited so you must contact Guest Services to get on the list. Either go to the Guest Services desk in the main lobby or gall them from your room.

There are other perks that go along with the Romance Rewards program. Check it out. https://couples.com/romance-rewards

Whatever resort you choose, enjoy your stay in paradise.
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2023?

203 views but no opinions/responses?

Quote Originally Posted by mhw View Post
    We stayed at San Souci 8 years ago and we are thinking about a return trip to Couples. We enjoyed San Souci but thought about trying one of the other resorts. For us the food, bed comfort, air conditioning of our room and AN beach is whatís important. Any advice? Thanks!
    I loved Couples Sans Souci last year but also want to try other this year. My husband liked Sunset beach at CSS and I had to drag him away to do anything else there so I know he wouldnít like having to go back and forth to the a/n island at CTI. From our past travels to Negril, the beaches and water along bloody bay in Negril are beautiful. We will try to go to Couples Negril this year since we love floating in clear water and have experienced that at Orient beach St. Martin before. We have no problem walking a few feet across public beach to get into the water where the nude water section is also marked with the swimming area ropes. So if you want a nude pool section, go to CTI or CSS. If you want to swim in a beautiful nude beach section, go to CN. Thatís what I have read at least. Of course Iím not sure the pool, bar, food, and beach papalas at CSS can be beat even if the water area is a bit rocky and cold sometimes due to the river coming in. Iíll find out when we go to CN. ENJOY !

Quote Originally Posted by mhw View Post
    203 views but no opinions/responses?
    You might want to post this in the A/N section. I have been to San Souci multiple times but not CTI. The first time we visited Couples we did a split stay between CN and CSS. We prefer CSS because of their A/N facilities. The reason we have never gone to CTI and prefer the grounds at CSS is because the dedicated A/N facilities are not dependent on the weather at SSB, and SSB is larger and gives you both a significant beach and pool. All the rooms closest to SSB have been renovated (Blocks A & B).

I have heard the food is a little better at CTI and it seems to go either way on service.

Depending on how long you are going you could do a split stay, or since you are repeaters you can do a trading places if you decide not to do to a split stay. CSS and CTI are very close together so moving between the two takes very little time.

Quote Originally Posted by rim1one View Post
    You might want to post this in the A/N section. I have been to San Souci multiple times but not CTI. The first time we visited Couples we did a split stay between CN and CSS. We prefer CSS because of their A/N facilities. The reason we have never gone to CTI and prefer the grounds at CSS is because the dedicated A/N facilities are not dependent on the weather at SSB, and SSB is larger and gives you both a significant beach and pool. All the rooms closest to SSB have been renovated (Blocks A & B).

I have heard the food is a little better at CTI and it seems to go either way on service.

Depending on how long you are going you could do a split stay, or since you are repeaters you can do a trading places if you decide not to do to a split stay. CSS and CTI are very close together so moving between the two takes very little time.
    I actually have posted in the AN forum

My biggest concern with CTI is the weather issue. I would hate to get there and not be able to go to the island due to poor conditions.

Thank you all for the responses, I forgot that it takes a bit of time for the posts to be approved and show up here! You have all given me something to think about before we make our reservation.