Thread: Plastic straws

Hybrid View

Default Plastic straws

Hello everyone, we are returning to CSS the last week of February. We saw a Facebook post from Couples that said they are now using only paper straws. We live in Indiana and the paper straw movement has not made it here yet. Iím not sure if Iíll like the feel and am thinking of bringing my own big bag of plastic straws. Any feedback

CTI. 07, 16
    CSS. 08, 13, 18, 19

Need to keep those plastic throw-away straws out of the sea

You'll be fine with paper ones. It will take me back to my childhood days. Well done, Couples!
    Last edited by Dawn; January 28th, 2019 at 04:01 AM.

We bought the reusable silicone straws. Please help the environment and not use plastic single use straws.

Welcome back,

Couples has a reputation of being very mindful about what they send to the local landfill. I would just use the biodegradable paper straw and respect what Couples is trying to achieve. These paper straws work. Just my humble opinion.

Enjoy your stay in paradise.
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2022?

Straws were optional during our visit in November. I guess the idea of not using plastic is to save the environment at the place we call paradise.

Life is good Soon come

I would prefer to see people respect the decision of Jamaica not to have single use plastic straws going into their waste system. Kind of undermines the whole thing if people just bring single use plastic straws from home. Bring some reusable straws. Lots of options on Amazon and pretty cheap. That would be my suggestion. Have a great trip!

I suggest bringing a metal straw. I use them here at home and not only are they good for the environment, but I find they keep my drink cooler as I drink it. They even sell ones that are larger for a smoothie( or frozen drinks)

Please do not bring single use plastic straws with you. Bring re use able silicone or stainless steel.
    Be part of the solution not part of the problem.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Suck it up! (Ok... pun intended)

You will survive the week using paper straws. Please don't work to undo what the resorts are trying to fix. I few things annoying about the beach at Negril. They're all mostly the result of tourists coming in and assuming that the beach and the island are their oyster... they're not. Horses, cigarette butts and straws top my list.

You're a visitor. Behave like one.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"