Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: April 2010

2 weeks! Myself (Steve) and my girlfriend (Dawn) will be there April 24th-May 1st.... Traveling from WI where we had snow last week, so it couldn't come any sooner! Hope to see some of you there!

Quote Originally Posted by slhaas View Post
    2 weeks! Myself (Steve) and my girlfriend (Dawn) will be there April 24th-May 1st.... Traveling from WI where we had snow last week, so it couldn't come any sooner! Hope to see some of you there!
    Steve & Dawn, fellow wisconsites! What time do you arrive on the 24th? We have the same dates! We arrive @ 2 pm! Getting SO excited!

Everyone getting anxious about the trips I see. I'll throw in my comment...5 more sleeps...lol. We're arriving late Saturday.

Jay and Mary
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Freaking out!

Ok - I'm so excited to see everyone on here for the last week of April! And, I'm freaking out trying to pull off all the last minute secret details like packing, prepping for grandparents to keep our kids, reminding Adam's boss I'm kidnapping him for a week, etc. He has NO CLUE! If I can just keep this under wraps for 13 more days, oh, I can't stand it I'm so excited!

So, for a recap of the last week of April crew (please add your name if I accidentally left you off - sorry!):

travelgirl 4/19-5/3 from ?
    Cole & Bryana 4/23 - 4/30 from TX
    Ken & Karen 4/24 - 4/31 from ?
    Melissa & Brian 4/24 - 5/1 from WI
    Steve & Dawn 4/24 - 5/1 from WI
    Adam & Kelly 4/25 - 5/1 from NC - we arrive in Montego Bay around 1:30pm from Charlotte. See you at the bar late afternoon!

Last edited by slhaas; April 13th, 2010 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scrapppychic74 View Post
    Steve & Dawn, fellow wisconsites! What time do you arrive on the 24th? We have the same dates! We arrive @ 2 pm! Getting SO excited!
    We're leaving Milwaukee at about 6:30am on Saturday the 24th and arriving in Montego Bay at about 2:00pm with a stop in Atlanta. Where in WI are you from?

I know my husband would love a golf buddy...I'll go along for the sun/adventure but I'm not much a golfer. We're also looking to tour either YS Falls for Mayfield Falls. Anyone up for that?
    We're working with a tour company right now for an excursion to YS falls/Black River Safari and Floyd's Pelican Bar all in one Day. Probably Tuesday or Friday. It was about $200 for the two of us and $30 each to add a zip line experience at YS Falls, plus tips/meals/etc. I think it is cheaper if we organize a group of people instead of just a couple, but I'm not sure how we'd work that. It'd be an all-day deal for sure.
    Last edited by slhaas; April 13th, 2010 at 07:10 PM.

Shoutouts to the last week in April group, looking forward to meeting you!
    I know my husband would love a golf buddy...I'll go along for the sun/adventure but I'm not much a golfer. We're also looking to tour either YS Falls for Mayfield Falls. Anyone up for that?

Karen/Ken: What time does your flight arrive on 4/24 ? We get in at 2 pm[/QUOTE]

Hey Scrappy!!! I believe we land very close to 2 pm as well.
    I enjoy golfing but we sunk the majority of our funds into the trip and not sure if we will be making too many off-site excur$ions but I know your hubby will easily find a partner or two.
    Karen and I will gladly join you on a trip to the falls though!!

Ken

Pam says because we'll soon be home, she can close her eyes and smell the tropical heavenly scents of couples negril.

I have not got the imagination but I can't wait to reacquaint myself with the sun, the folk, the drink, the food and Bubbles the boat.

After a fortunate choice 4 years ago this will be 4th time ...in just over 4 days.
    "There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like..."

We're leaving Milwaukee at about 6:30am on Saturday the 24th and arriving in Montego Bay at about 2:00pm with a stop in Atlanta. Where in WI are you from?

**We are from just south of Madison, you?

We're working with a tour company right now for an excursion to YS falls/Black River Safari and Floyd's Pelican Bar all in one Day. Probably Tuesday or Friday. It was about $200 for the two of us and $30 each to add a zip line experience at YS Falls, plus tips/meals/etc. I think it is cheaper if we organize a group of people instead of just a couple, but I'm not sure how we'd work that. It'd be an all-day deal for sure.
    I wondered if we could get a better deal if we wait until we get there to book something? The zip lining sounds fine but I'm not sure about spending a whole day away from what seems like paradise? I will talk to the hubby. Anyone have any info on Mayfield Falls? For some reason I thought that one was closer to CN?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken+Karen View Post
    Shoutouts to the last week in April group, looking forward to meeting you!

Karen/Ken: What time does your flight arrive on 4/24 ? We get in at 2 pm
    Hey Scrappy!!! I believe we land very close to 2 pm as well.
    I enjoy golfing but we sunk the majority of our funds into the trip and not sure if we will be making too many off-site excur$ions but I know your hubby will easily find a partner or two.
    Karen and I will gladly join you on a trip to the falls though!!

Ken[/QUOTE]

Sounds great! I think Brian and I, you and Karen and Dawn Steve will all be sharing a shuttle to CN! Unless any of you are doing the TimAir flight directly to CN?

And I'll use some of this excited energy to research the falls options and see what I can come up with! Not like I'm getting any work day these days anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by adamandkelly View Post
    Ok - I'm so excited to see everyone on here for the last week of April! And, I'm freaking out trying to pull off all the last minute secret details like packing, prepping for grandparents to keep our kids, reminding Adam's boss I'm kidnapping him for a week, etc. He has NO CLUE! If I can just keep this under wraps for 13 more days, oh, I can't stand it I'm so excited!

So, for a recap of the last week of April crew (please add your name if I accidentally left you off - sorry!):

travelgirl 4/19-5/3 from ?
    Cole & Bryana 4/23 - 4/30 from TX
    Ken & Karen 4/24 - 4/31 from ?
    Melissa & Brian 4/24 - 5/1 from WI
    Steve & Dawn 4/24 - 5/1 from WI
    Adam & Kelly 4/25 - 5/1 from NC - we arrive in Montego Bay around 1:30pm from Charlotte. See you at the bar late afternoon!

Kelly, I'm SO in awe of you being able to pull off something so HUGE! Especially with kids in the mix. We've never left our kids for vaca since the youngest was born 2 1/2 years ago and I'm having such anxiety about leaving them behind but yet we so need the bonding time together. We'll scope out the place for you on 4/24 and meet up with you on the 25th! Are you new to CN also? *** Melissa

I wondered if we could get a better deal if we wait until we get there to book something? The zip lining sounds fine but I'm not sure about spending a whole day away from what seems like paradise? I will talk to the hubby. Anyone have any info on Mayfield Falls? For some reason I thought that one was closer to CN?

I don't know if it really saves money or not when you book. We looked at booking ahead of time in order to be sure we could do it.

I think Mayfield Falls is closer, and it is probably a completely different experience, and would take a lot less time. We wanted to check out Floyd's Pelican Bar though, so we figured we could do those three things in a day because they're close to each other. Mayfield and Appleton Rum or something like that might be a cool partial day thing as well that is closer.

Melissa
    Yes, we are new to CN and to the whole AI experience. I am nervous about leaving the kids, too (our son is 6 1/2, daughter is a month shy of 3), but like you said, the couple bonding time is what we desperately need!!

I would love to go to YS Falls for tubing, zipping, etc. Our 10 year anniversary is Wednesday 4/28, so I was thinking that day, maybe. I'm not sure if it is best to book through the resort or another tour group ahead of time? I feel like I read that the YS falls excursion was 1/2 day, but I'm not sure what exactly that includes?

Ahhh, 11 more days! If I can pull this off, someone needs to buy me a drink!
    Kelly

Melissa
    Yes, we are new to CN and to the whole AI experience. I am nervous about leaving the kids, too (our son is 6 1/2, daughter is a month shy of 3), but like you said, the couple bonding time is what we desperately need!!

I would love to go to YS Falls for tubing, zipping, etc. Our 10 year anniversary is Wednesday 4/28, so I was thinking that day, maybe. I'm not sure if it is best to book through the resort or another tour group ahead of time? I feel like I read that the YS falls excursion was 1/2 day, but I'm not sure what exactly that includes?

Kelly
    Well consider your first drink on me! :-)
    the 28th was EXACTLY the day I was looking to go because the falls are closed on Mondays and I thought Tuesdays would be busier being that it's the first day open for the week.
    I have since emailed 3 different tour companies for prices. Most of their websites do not have pricing, one did and the price was $120/pp however that does not include the entry fee to YS Falls ($14/pp or the tubing $6/pp or zip line/canopy $30/pp).
    I really don't have any desire to see the rum factory so what i was asking for a quote on was just to YS Falls and the Pelican Bar but from Steve's post above it sounds like that is $20 more pp than the one that includes the Black River Safari.

Melissa

Kelly

ok, i have received one quote from a tour company. I think it's very reasonable. Randomly i asked for transportation for 6 people from CN to YS Falls and the Pelican Bar. For transportation only, the quote was $160. That's $54/couple.
    Wondering if Steve/Dawn's tour quote included anything other than transportation? The company that quoted me was Clive's Tours. They have really great reviews on TripAdvisor.

Let me know if you guys are interested in that deal and I'll keep you posted on other quotes I get back.

I agree, we don't need a tour of the rum place. I'd love to know what you find out about pricing for a YS excursion - I'll have to look up the Pelican Bar online. I don't want to be gone ALL day because I want to get back to have a romantic dinner for our anniversary that night - but we're definitely up for an excursion!

Well consider your first drink on me! :-)
    the 28th was EXACTLY the day I was looking to go because the falls are closed on Mondays and I thought Tuesdays would be busier being that it's the first day open for the week.
    I have since emailed 3 different tour companies for prices. Most of their websites do not have pricing, one did and the price was $120/pp however that does not include the entry fee to YS Falls ($14/pp or the tubing $6/pp or zip line/canopy $30/pp).
    I really don't have any desire to see the rum factory so what i was asking for a quote on was just to YS Falls and the Pelican Bar but from Steve's post above it sounds like that is $20 more pp than the one that includes the Black River Safari.
    I was quoted $102.50 per person for a trip to YS falls, Black River Safari and Floyd's Pelican Bar. This included transportation, the Safari, entry to YS falls and a boat to the Pelican Bar. It did not include tips, food or anything in the park at YS. If it was done with a group she said the price would drop to $68 per person. This may be a bit hurried or more than others may want to do. They are in the same area so perhaps some people could stay longer at YS and skip the safari or the Pelican Bar or whatever. I'll ask. I was thinking Tuesday or Friday because YS is closed on Monday and we wanted to catch the catamaran cruise one of the other days and aren't sure which it'll be yet, but it doesn't go out on Tuesday or Friday.

I agree, we don't need a tour of the rum place. I'd love to know what you find out about pricing for a YS excursion - I'll have to look up the Pelican Bar online. I don't want to be gone ALL day because I want to get back to have a romantic dinner for our anniversary that night - but we're definitely up for an excursion!
    I agree, and I found out that it costs another $15/pp to take a boat out to the Pelican bar, so I'm fine with skipping that? I heard it's something to see but to pay $30 just to ride out to a bar to buy drinks we could be having for free seems silly to me.

I got two more quotes, one was $60/pp and one was $45/pp but it include lunch and drinks. (Talk of the Town tours and Fabian Tours respectively.)

I know they have a la carte food at the falls, like hot dogs and jerk chicken and stuff so I'm leaning towards the original quote from Clive ($60/couple for four people, $53/couple for 6), what about you? What time should we depart? I thought 9 originally but it's at least an hour and a half there and then if we spent a couple hours there or so, we'd get back between 2-3 pm, would that be ok with you? BTW, i'm fine with you emailing me directly to coordinate this if you want. mb_esser@hotmail.com

I was quoted $102.50 per person for a trip to YS falls, Black River Safari and Floyd's Pelican Bar. This included transportation, the Safari, entry to YS falls and a boat to the Pelican Bar. It did not include tips, food or anything in the park at YS. If it was done with a group she said the price would drop to $68 per person. This may be a bit hurried or more than others may want to do. They are in the same area so perhaps some people could stay longer at YS and skip the safari or the Pelican Bar or whatever. I'll ask. I was thinking Tuesday or Friday because YS is closed on Monday and we wanted to catch the catamaran cruise one of the other days and aren't sure which it'll be yet, but it doesn't go out on Tuesday or Friday.
    Sounds like you are getting a deal for all that you are getting. I think we are going to go for just the falls portion, that way we can stay longer there if we like. Does the catamaran go out every day but Tuesday/Friday? I hear it's great to do that twice!

I just found a post called March 2010 Activities Sheet and it says that the cat cruise goes out on Mon, Tues, Thurs & Saturday?

I just found a post called March 2010 Activities Sheet and it says that the cat cruise goes out on Mon, Tues, Thurs & Saturday?
    I've seen different things now. I also found this:

http://www.couples.com/13cn/39CNactivities.htm

It says just Monday/Thursday/Saturday. I know I saw something else with days other than Tues/Fri and your find includes Tuesday, so I'm lost as to which is correct.

I've toyed with the idea of giving up one of the activities, or saving money by skipping part, etc., but I know I'll kick myself when I'm back in WI come winter and I didn't take the opportunity to have a drink and snorkel at a bar out in the ocean, see the aligators on the safari or zip-line down the YS falls.

Are you guys flying out of Milwaukee?

It says just Monday/Thursday/Saturday. I know I saw something else with days other than Tues/Fri and your find includes Tuesday, so I'm lost as to which is correct.

I've toyed with the idea of giving up one of the activities, or saving money by skipping part, etc., but I know I'll kick myself when I'm back in WI come winter and I didn't take the opportunity to have a drink and snorkel at a bar out in the ocean, see the aligators on the safari or zip-line down the YS falls.

We are flying out of Madison, through Dallas and then MBJ.
    I know what you mean about regretting not doing some of the stuff onces back in WI. That is why i'm going to make myself do the zipline/canopy at YS Falls!

Our guide says we can always change our mind and add the Pelican Bar if we decide to, depending on how much time we spend at YS falls. I think we're going to stick with going just to YS Falls on Wed, 4/28.

Anyone else is welcome, just get in touch with me so I can let our tour company know!

Hey Steve,
    I noticed that your link to the couples official activities list says it is a "sample" and the one that someone else posted was from their visit in march 2010 so i would be inclined to think that is the most current? I think we can only do so much planning beforehand and we may end up having to go with the fly when we get there. But who cares, right? We'll be in paradise. :-)

Default April 26-May 1

Hi! We'll be there from the 26th...I've attached a not so flattering picture of us in which I had to crop out everyone else so we look like we couldn't be further away from each other but keep in mind this was after a long night of drinking

Name:  cn.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  24.9 KB

Hey Lauren, we will be there a couple days ahead of you and I expect when we meet Karen and I will have the "long night of drinking" look about us too!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast