Default CSS Hibiscus Cottage - looking for photos / info

Does anyone have recent photos or information on the Hibiscus Cottage at CSS (or any of the Penthouse suites?) We want to stay (again) at CSS to celebrate our 50th Birthdays but would like to do something extra special and book either the cottage or a PH suite (the "you can book any room and be happy" posters can save the energy in trying to talk us out of it). I'd like responses from people who actually have updated info / photos. The photos on the website (I can guarantee) are outdated (the 1 bedroom suite photos were outdated when we visited in 2016).

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

I have stayed in the penthouses and the cottage. I do not really have a lot of pictures from either. One thing to keep in mind. If you book the Hibiscus cottage or Prime Minister Suite you are guaranteed to get them. If you book a penthouse suite you are not guaranteed to get the better penthouse suites. The better penthouse suites are the Steve McQueen, Angela Basset, and Roger Moore. They have exceptional views and are relatively private. The Harry Belafonte suite does not have as nice a view, and the E-Block is right next to it so there is not a lot of privacy (all of these named penthouses are in D Block). Unfortunately, you cannot request these specific penthouses when you are making reservations so you are at the mercy of the resort regarding which penthouse they give you. The one penthouse exception is the Prime Minister Suite which is large, but it is not top floor like the other 4 I mentioned, and the views are not quite as nice. If you request a penthouse suite you might get the ones in D Block, or you might get the ones in E Block. The E Block suites are not worth the penthouse money. You are better off requesting G Block rooms (I cannot remember what the category is). Since this is a special occasion I would suggest going after the Hibiscus Cottage. We have stayed in it multiple times and enjoyed it each time.

Quote Originally Posted by rim1one View Post
    I have stayed in the penthouses and the cottage. I do not really have a lot of pictures from either. One thing to keep in mind. If you book the Hibiscus cottage or Prime Minister Suite you are guaranteed to get them. If you book a penthouse suite you are not guaranteed to get the better penthouse suites. The better penthouse suites are the Steve McQueen
    Thanks so much for the great information! When we stayed at CSS (the one and only time) we had a room on the top floor in G block and the view was sensational (the room was just not what we hoped for) so I think I'll take your advice and just book the cottage to be safe. From all the views my post received, I thougth I would get more replies, but yours was all the info I really needed. Thanks again.

Iíve posted photos from our stay at the cottage in 2017 in the MeWe group.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Bliss View Post
    Thanks so much for the great information! When we stayed at CSS (the one and only time) we had a room on the top floor in G block and the view was sensational (the room was just not what we hoped for) so I think I'll take your advice and just book the cottage to be safe. From all the views my post received, I thougth I would get more replies, but yours was all the info I really needed. Thanks again.
    I am glad it was helpful. Facebook and MEWE have kind of killed this message board. If you are a user of either of those apps then be sure to search for them and become a member.