Default Shoes dress code - Otaheite - CN

How strict are they regarding open toed shoes for men at this restaurant? Do you think open toed sandals with black socks would be acceptable? We hate to have to pack 1 pair of nice dress shoes just for 1 dinner.
    Last edited by cherylbrv; November 5th, 2018 at 06:29 PM.

I would avoid socks with sandals ��

Just don't go then. I get that it is a hassle for one dinner, but please don't try to skirt the rules because you don't want to pack something. My husband hates wearing pants in Jamaica, but always brings a nice pair of slacks for our sit down dinners along with some plain black closed toed shoes. It adds to the ambience.

Quote Originally Posted by cherylbrv View Post
    How strict are they regarding open toed shoes for men at this restaurant? Do you think open toed sandals with black socks would be acceptable? We hate to have to pack 1 pair of nice dress shoes just for 1 dinner.
    At CSS, my husband wore his black New Balance lace up shoes with Dockers pants and a button down shirt in the "fancy" restaurant and had no problem - wore same shoes in grass at the dinners on the lawn that week and to walk the road down to the beach each day. A nice athletic shoe that is ALL black blends in wonderfully. But my husband never wears sandals nor flip flops, just water shoes for the ocean. These were same shoes he wore on the flight, so didn't pack another.

My husband, each of the past six-years, has worn his Tom's. They are very versatile. He wears them with his shorts, but also wears them with his dress pants (Dockers). Always look great together!