Default Share about your split stay CN to CSS

Iím putting this thread under the a/n section since that is why we are interested in these two resorts. Please share if you have done a split stay of about 10 Days between CN and CSS. Was it worth the long ride from one to the other. We stayed 5 nights at CSS last summer and I want to go back, however years ago we stayed on the beautiful Bloody Bay Negril beach at another hotel and want to go back there also. We have not stayed at CN however. Please tell us about your experience of a split stay. Feel free to tell about your stay at any other two Couples resort if you wish. I love reading everything on the message board and things are getting a little slow right now. Thank you.

We did a split stay 2 years ago between css & cn. Would definitely do it again.

They will transport you in the morning (about 9:00ish) - took about 3 & 1/2 hours but it was a nice, uneventful drive and we were the only ones on the bus. Transportation is free.

Pros - variety in restaurants (we ate in 9 different restaurants), excitement of seeing two resorts and lots to do/ never gets old and you meet a lot of people...

The only real down side is just when you're starting to really relax you have to pack all your junk and move - and things may not fit back in your suitcases as easily as they did when you had lots of time to pack.

You also basically lose 1/2 day traveling between the resorts and after the long drive you may not feel like hitting the beach immediately.

Your room may not available at the next resort so have your beach bag ready with everything you'll need.

We do split stays every couple of years or so when we get a bit bored with css.

Although the beach at bloody bay is amazing, the AN facilities are tiny at couples negril compared to ssb but still well worth a visit just for the beach alone.

Everything else (food, staff, drinks etc) will be the same.

Overall - it's not something we do every year but if you're interested in exploring it's a great option.

While we're on this - some of my favorite days are when we "trade places" to cti but return home for the evening to css/ssb.

Split stay is tempting for the reasons that you give. Iím with you on that. Itís an easy decision for me to not-split.

Why

I go on these vacations to relax. At the beach. The days are precious and expensive. I want to milk all that I can out of each day, not spend half a day moving.

If I could afford 2-3 weeks per trip then maybe Iíd split.

A better idea is to be experience the Couples resort variety by changing resorts trip to trip.

We loved CSA but lack of AN will prevent us from staying there again. Thankful for trading spaces option. That clued is in to AN.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAndKristin View Post
    We did a split stay 2 years ago between css & cn. Would definitely do it again.

They will transport you in the morning (about 9:00ish) - took about 3 & 1/2 hours but it was a nice, uneventful drive and we were the only ones on the bus. Transportation is free.

Pros - variety in restaurants (we ate in 9 different restaurants), excitement of seeing two resorts and lots to do/ never gets old and you meet a lot of people...

The only real down side is just when you're starting to really relax you have to pack all your junk and move - and things may not fit back in your suitcases as easily as they did when you had lots of time to pack.

You also basically lose 1/2 day traveling between the resorts and after the long drive you may not feel like hitting the beach immediately.

Your room may not available at the next resort so have your beach bag ready with everything you'll need.

We do split stays every couple of years or so when we get a bit bored with css.

Although the beach at bloody bay is amazing, the AN facilities are tiny at couples negril compared to ssb but still well worth a visit just for the beach alone.

Everything else (food, staff, drinks etc) will be the same.

Overall - it's not something we do every year but if you're interested in exploring it's a great option.

While we're on this - some of my favorite days are when we "trade places" to cti but return home for the evening to css/ssb.
    Thanks for the reply and info. Thanks for reminder about CTI day pass as we may do that one trip if donít split and we return just to CSS.

(I should have mentioned)

There is one other reason to do a split stay - and it's the reason we tried it in the first place...

You get twice the rewards! Both booking credits and romance rewards.

They treat each reservation separately so even free nights count.

The year we went we ended with 2 free nights and a total of $600 in resort credits which we happily used for massages at both resorts.

[QUOTE=MichaelAndKristin;305938](I should have mentioned)

There is one other reason to do a split stay - and it's the reason we tried it in the first place...

You get twice the rewards! Both booking credits and romance rewards.

Oh yeah - I think I read that and had forgotten - thanks for the reminder

We did a split stay between CN and CSS with a short 6 day vacation and think it was great. It is a long trip between the 2 resorts so I am not sure I would do it again, but with 10 days -- no problem. We are early risers so we were able to get a transfer at about 7am were easily at CSS by 10am. The room was not ready but that is not unusual. Just have a beach bag ready to go. I would definitely recommend it if you want to try out a new resort.