Default CTI ocean jr suite vs. one bedroom ocean suite

We just booked CTI ocean jr suite for June 2019. I can tell the big difference is the small wall separating the bedroom from the living room but what else is better/different? Is the balcony bigger in the one bedroom? Is the view the same? The bathroom actually looks smaller in the one bedroom since the tub is in the bedroom instead of bathroom, is this correct? We are celebrating our 20 year anniversary and wanted to splurge on a nice room, just want to be sure I get the one I think is best suited for us.

I hope you get a suite in the main building. We made the mistake of upgrading from our usual premier ocean to a jr suite last October and because they were decoratiing in the main building got put in the rooms by the pool. They couldn’t even downgrade us to a premier in the main building! Completely ruined or stay. Horrible building, never want to be in there again. The balconies are overlooked and the bathrooms are at the back and are really dark. More like a pool view than ocean view.

Welcome to Couples.

Sometimes people fret too much about the room. Yes, we like a nice room. But consider this.

Our typical day at Couples, any Couples. All times are on Jamaica time and not set in stone. We will usually wake up around 7:30 AM and leave our room around 8 for breakfast. After breakfast we may take our morning walk around the resort and get back to our room about 9:30ish. We may spend about 1/2 hour changing into our beach attire and getting ready for the day. By 10 we will leave our room for most of the day, usually on the beach. If we return to our room it would only be for a few minutes to pick something up or drop something off. By about 5:30ish we will go back to our room to shower and get ready for the evening. At around 6:30ish we leave the room and maybe take a walk before dinner. Around 7 we go to dinner. After dinner we may take another walk while waiting for the nightly entertainment to begin. Depending upon the entertainment we may go back to our room between 10 and midnight. Maybe a quick nightcap and go to bed. The next morning we start over again.

So in reality we are only in our room for a few hours a day except when we are sleeping. So why fret so much over a room that you won't spend a lot of time in?

Enjoy your stay in paradise
    Jack and Kathy
    2020 ?
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016
    CTI 2012, 2014
    CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018

Quote Originally Posted by dandj View Post
    I hope you get a suite in the main building. We made the mistake of upgrading from our usual premier ocean to a jr suite last October and because they were decoratiing in the main building got put in the rooms by the pool. They couldn’t even downgrade us to a premier in the main building! Completely ruined or stay. Horrible building, never want to be in there again. The balconies are overlooked and the bathrooms are at the back and are really dark. More like a pool view than ocean view.
    I had these rooms overlooking the pool and couldnt of hoped for a better room. Fantastic room, very close to everything. We talked to other couples on surrounding balconies and they told us they always stay in that building. So i'm not alone in loving that location! Only two complaints. Our tub took about 4 hours to fill and the noise from the waterfall drained out the wave crashing sounds. Other than that, perfect!

The main building is building 3?

We have been to CSA and CSS. This will be our first trip to CTI. May seem strange to you but I like having a nice bathroom when on vacation. Hence one of the reasons we booked the jr. suite. The size and nice view from the bathroom sold me on this room category. We booked the beachfront suite at CSS last year for the updated bathrooms mostly.