Thread: Marijuana Use

Default Marijuana Use

My wife and I are considering a split stay between CSS and CN. We went to another resort in Jamaica this past spring and the smell of marijuana was everywhere. We couldn't even sit on our balcony one night because the smell was so bad. We are not prudes and understand it goes on, but are the resorts free of the smell of pot for the most part? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott and Tina View Post
    My wife and I are considering a split stay between CSS and CN. We went to another resort in Jamaica this past spring and the smell of marijuana was everywhere. We couldn't even sit on our balcony one night because the smell was so bad. We are not prudes and understand it goes on, but are the resorts free of the smell of pot for the most part? Thanks.
    Depends on your fellow guests - in theory everyone who smokes will follow the smoking rules which means your room, restaurants and any covered areas will be completely smoke free (of all kinds)

Your balcony is hit or miss - I've personally never had a problem but others have complained. If it's really bad - management will be able to help.

I think css is better about this because most of the balconies are not right next to each other.

The main pools/beach - this is where it gets iffy - at ssb - people are usually polite and will walk over to the smoking section (by the gate) or go find a quiet spot away from people on the beach.

At the main pool - not so much - they'll smoke right next to the bar...

CSS is an older crowd and less people smoke marijuana but in my opinion there are more cigarette smokers so pick your poison. But css is huge so it's easy to get away from them if you desire.

CN is more of a party and things are more compact (only one main pool) so groups tend to mingle more so I think it's more obvious there.

Marijuana was recently decriminalized so it's now out in the open - but they also instituted new, stricter smoking rules and it's helped. People used to smoke in all the bars...

The only problem is it's up to the staff to enforce it - the bartenders at ssb are strict at enforcing them but others not so much.

Overall - I would not say it's "everywhere" - and certainly not all the time - but at the same time you probably will eventually smell it - likely near the main pool/ swim up bars

I'm sure it's situational, but yes, free for the most part...

Welcome to Couples

We were at CN last February. I won't lie. We could smell it from time to time. But not everywhere or all the time. Just every now and then we would get a whiff. I would not let this stop you.

Enjoy your stay in paradise.
    Jack and Kathy
    2020 ?
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016
    CTI 2012, 2014
    CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018

My wife and I have been to CN 8 times in the last 10 years and I won't say that we've never had this aroma, but it has been very limited. We haven't been to CSS, but we have been to Tower Island and it was a bigger problem there because the stairs were enclosed so that the smell from one level wafted to all the rooms. I do think if I were you I'd avoid traveling to CN in October this year. It looks like they have abandoned their "couples" theme for a full on beach party with a DJ and I would expect this is going to attract a lot of noise and weed. If you're into that, great, but if you're not, I feel sorry for those who booked but didn't know this was coming.

Yes. I've never smelled any and we've been to CSS 5 times. Now, cigars are another story!
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

Just returned from CSS noticed the smell a few times but not overwhelming. At CSA a few years ago I felt like we smelled it all day every day - largely due to the vendors who walk the beach selling and smoking pot. We were at CN last year and I don't remember it being as bad as CSA but it was more than CSS.

Amy

Quote Originally Posted by Scott and Tina View Post
    We were at CSS second week in June and didnít smell any smoke in our D block room - we had first floor which being on a hill, still had a balcony with tropical and partial ocean view. Didnít smell smoke from balcony. SSB beach section was quiet and chairs a good ways apart. Didnít smell smoke on SSB. Barely smelled smoke near pool or gate at SSB. May have been a little from cigarettes at far end of beach or on path to SSB and path by lake, but never enough for me to take much notice. People were very courteous at SSB when they smoke and everyone very friendly. Enjoy your trip! We will probably try CN next year, but I still want to go back to CSS. If we can get away for at least 9 days, we would split CN and CSS next year.

We are regulars to CSS, the only smoke issues that we have encountered were at the Martini Bar, on 2 occasions, the cigarette and cigar smoke was too much for us to bear, we just left and went to the Balloon Bar. As fo weed, now and then, but not too bad. Please donít turn this int a smoker vs non smoker issue, I just wanted to relate our experience.

In 6 to CSA and 1 to css, we've rarely smelled it.

We had to move last November when we were at CSA because the couple under us would sit on there verandah and smoke marijuana all night long. We were in the older section with no window glass. We moved to another room at 2:00AM. Ford in the front office was very helpful.

Life is good

We just returned from a 6 day spilt at CSS/CSA- not a factor at all in CSS, for reasons mentioned already. But I have to say I was stunned during our stay at CSA. we spent far less time on our balcony because of someone below us-who was at it early and often, not a big surprise-and having just repacked and unpacked, we opted to not move again. But during our stay, 1 dude routinely lit up at the swim up bar mid-day everyday. Nothing ever said to him , to my knowledge. During the bonfire on the beach, while laying in a lounger trying to enjoy the beautiful nite and entertainment- I was tapped on the shoulder from behind 3 or 4 times wanting to know if I wanted some "smoke" from a couple local salesmen- We finally went back to our room. im not subject to testing but my spouse is a Gov employee- we neither one really care what others do, just don't impact my vacation please. This may have just been a matter of timing, and perhaps not the norm. But Couples had better get a hold of this issue, as long time repeaters-we sill go somewhere else.