Default CSS vs CN for group of 4 couples

Hello all,

My wife and I have been to CTI, CN, and most recently CSS. We loved CN and CSS for their own special reasons. However, now that we would like to share the love of our favorite resorts with friends and family (who has never been to Jamaica) we are having a hard time deciding. So my question to the group is this: Which resort do you think would suit a group of 4 couples better CN or CSS? I love CN for the beach and vibe, but love CSS for its vastness and its own unique vibe and would hate to disappoint my friends and family of whom I've raved to about Couples and Jamaica. They all say whatever i choose is fine with them, but I am struggling with making a decision. Clearly CN has the far superior beach compared to CSS. But on the other hand CSS seems like a much bigger resort. NEEEED HELP!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mizzymiz7 View Post
    Hello all,

My wife and I have been to CTI, CN, and most recently CSS. We loved CN and CSS for their own special reasons. However, now that we would like to share the love of our favorite resorts with friends and family (who has never been to Jamaica) we are having a hard time deciding. So my question to the group is this: Which resort do you think would suit a group of 4 couples better CN or CSS? I love CN for the beach and vibe, but love CSS for its vastness and its own unique vibe and would hate to disappoint my friends and family of whom I've raved to about Couples and Jamaica. They all say whatever i choose is fine with them, but I am struggling with making a decision. Clearly CN has the far superior beach compared to CSS. But on the other hand CSS seems like a much bigger resort. NEEEED HELP!!!!!!
    You didnít mention when you would be going. Remember the pool at CN is closed most of October this year and may linger into November since Jamaica repair times linger. And they are having huge beach party since pool is closed.
    We went to CSS last June and it was wonderful, beautiful, and so many little quiet interesting areas. As you say, the beach is not as nice as the Negril areas. I could never choose either so we chose CSS due to the lower price (saving $500 on total trip) but now I have to save my money and go to CN next summer ! If I had 10 nights to vacation, I would go to both next year !
    If friends want to swim in a beautiful section of the sea, go to CN and also visit the 7 mile strip of Negril beach if you get a chance. If friends want quiet relaxing beautiful area and donít mind a few rocks in water, go to CSS and donít miss SSB. Perhaps pick the one YOU wish to visit next as Iím sure they will love either/both.

Why not do a split stay between the two of them.

if you all of you have enough days... I would highly recommend a split stay at each of them

I don't think you can go wrong on this one.

But a couple questions for your friends may help you decide...

Would you rather go for a long walk on a busy beach (CN)? Or do you want a private beach with lots of things to see and do? (CSS) (I think this is important because a friend may be looking forward to that long walk)

Do you want more of a party with nightlife (CN) or a very relaxing, intimate and quiet time (CSS) (css is asleep by 11:00 - but we get up early)

How important is food variety? CN has an extra restaurant that is Asian inspired but CSS has palazzina which has pasta bars, pizza ovens and a rotating lunch menu so more variety in a single location for group dining - and - css has edgar - the omelette king...

Is going AN a consideration? Either is good for that but the next question becomes more important if yes...

How long is your trip? In my opinion - CN gets a bit repetitive after a week - but I can always find variety/something to do at CSS - especially when you throw all of ssb into the mix... if you're not going to ssb, or the trip is short, then I think it's a tie.

If none of these questions help, then I think a coin flip will help more

Both resorts can easily accommodate a small group

Quote Originally Posted by mizzymiz7 View Post
    Hello all,

I think I would go with CSS over CN. CSS is a more unique resort because of its size and location. There are so many nooks that each couple can disappear to in case y'all decide to connect as couples for a while, then come back at dinner time or at another event as a group of friends. I have been to both resorsts, and I will say that I prefer CSS over CN anyway so I know my opinion is prejudiced.

Tours would be a consideration too. CSS doesn't have the Catamaran, but it does have Dunn's River Falls. CSS also had 2 ziplining options last year as paid excursions.
    I can't remember if CN has seating for 8 available, but I do know that Palazzina at CSS has that long table in the center outside. We prefer CSS to CN because of the relaxed atmosphere, but have no problems finding ways to socialize with the other repeaters we see each year.

Csa !!! ����

We took a group of friends to CSS in June and they all loved it. But I think they would have loved CSA or CN also. We were a group of 6 couples and CSS was very accommodating with seating in the restaurants, etc. Everyone liked the seclusion of the beach too. The fact that there are less rooms at CSS is something to consider as well. We felt like we had the place to ourselves since it is so spread out. I bet they will love whichever one you choose though!

Got to agree with Soft on this one. First time to Jamaica? for them. At Swept Away you not only have a great resort, but you also have the rest of Long Bay with all the small shops, and other spots to stop at. The walk along Long Bay to the South is something not to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by BarDar View Post
    Got to agree with Soft on this one. First time to Jamaica? for them. At Swept Away you not only have a great resort, but you also have the rest of Long Bay with all the small shops, and other spots to stop at. The walk along Long Bay to the South is something not to miss.
    BarDar, you rock. 😎😍

Default 7 mile

Correct to my reply post. Oh, I forgot - I actually read that Bloody Bay ( where CN, Royalton and a few other resorts sit ) is part of the ď7 mile Negril BeachĒ. The long straight part past the bay was beautiful in the past with bigger waves and Iím sure still is beautiful.