Default Weather in February

Hi, all. Im hoping someone can help with this question. Last time my DH and I visited CTI in February, it was very windy...so much so that we would go back to our room in the afternoon rather than staying by the beach or pool. Is this typical for Ocho Rios in February or was it unusual? Is it windy in Negril in February?( Weve stayed at CSA a few times, but always in summer.) I want to go back to Couples this winter, but dont want to be hiding from the wind all the time. Thanks!

Go back to CSA, and relax on that great beach.

We have been Negril during all the Winter months and late February and March are always a bit breezy. We have had the best bet going to Couple Negril during March because it sits on a bay. We have been sand blasted at CSA in March before. But, don't let that bother you. We never let the weather change our plans.

Life is good

Ocho Rios is always windier than Negril. I agree with Bearso - go to Negril
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

From what I have read on these boards, and from our trip last November - the winds in Ocho Rios start to pick up sometime towards the end of November and get pretty bad in late January and February.

Tower Island has always been the windiest and there have been a couple of times where we hid in the Tower while a rain storm came through as it was just windy enough to make it cold.

Sans Souci does not have this problem as the beaches are more sheltered.

We love to stay at Sans Souci and trade places to Tower Island - this way if the island is closed, we can go back to sans souci.

Weather is usually spectacular in February. Best month and $$$$

I love CSA, but DH prefers the rooms at CTI. Weve gotten a one bedroom oceanview suite the last three visits, and it was pretty amazing.

It's weather. We always go in February. Sometimes it is windy, sometimes it isn't, but it is normally not windy. Usually depends upon the weather out to sea.

As great as Couples is, even they can't change the weather. The only thing I can say for certain is that in February you won't see any snow in Jamaica.

Enjoy your stay in paradise
    Jack and Kathy
    2020 ?
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016
    CTI 2012, 2014
    CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018

I love CSA, but DH prefers the rooms at CTI. Weve gotten a one bedroom oceanview suite the last three visits, and it was pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by toodycat View Post
    Those rooms are very nice.

We have been in February and beautiful, we have been in February and windy. Rented a house on the water in the middle Keys in late February, looked at best weather for 5 years past and picked that week. Jet stream dipped the week that we were there and it was very windy but sunny, we went to HD and purchase tarps and hung them around the pool and hot tub so that we could lay out (made the best of it). You are just taking a chance and have to make the most of it if the weather is bad.