Default CN Pool Revovations

I have seen mention on some Facebook posts that the pool at CN will be closed for repairs during September. Is that indeed correct? We will be there 9/16 - 9/23 and we are not really happy about this news. Can anyone confirm/clarify? Thanks.

I heard 10/9-10/31.
    Last edited by Barb111; July 2nd, 2018 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Error

Blog Entries

HI ib2loud,

The main pool and swim-up bar at Couples Negril will be closed from October 9, 2018 through October 31, 2018 for routine maintenance and up-grades. The work will occur during daylight hours and we do not anticipate any noise issues that will impact our guest’s stay.

While we recognize the inconvenience for guests that have already made their travel plans for this time period, our Couples Negril team is working hard to develop unique and exciting experiences only available during this time period. We will be announcing these unique experiences once finalized.

In addition, the Couples brand is renowned for our large percentage of repeat guests and we are happy to extend one complimentary night, to be used for future stays within 12 months, to any guest already booked and that keeps their reservation unchanged. For guests that do not anticipate a return stay within 12 months, we will offer a $250 resort credit (valid for spa, private dinners, merchandise and more…) should their plans remain unchanged. The complimentary night on return stays and the $250 resort credit are not combinable. Return stay offers will be issued to guests prior to departure from the resort.

Should guests want to make changes, we are offering the ability to move to another Couples resort (similar room category) with no additional costs. All relocation requests will be handled by Reservations Manager, Dilly Ann Grant. Please send requests to dillyann@couples.com and kindly allow 48 hours for confirmation.

Michelle G
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

How about allowing guests to rescheduled their vacations at CN for rhe same price as long as the new dates are within rhe same seasonal pricing as rhe old dates were? CN is not CN without the pool and the swimup bar and the other resorts are just not CN.

Michelle - thanks for the information. One question - Will the dry side of the Swim-Up bar remain open during this time, or will a temporary bar be set up to serve the beach?

I know last time they redid the pool they set up a 'swim up' bar in the ocean. I wasn't there, but from what I heard it was a lot of fun!!! I wouldn't let the pool maintenance deter you from having fun! Go and see what great ideas they came up with to compensate for the pool being down.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We just recently booked our trip to CN (6/19) and are wondering how long they have known the pool would be closed for renovation in October. This is something that should be planned at least 12 months out, not announced three months before construction begins. I agree with conner1949, CN is not CN without the pool and swimup bar. We would consider rescheduling but we already have our flights booked and that would be $200 to $400 per ticket to re-book.

Blog Entries

Hi Jenni,

I do believe that we will close the entire area, but an alternate bar would be in place. Once I receive more details I will confirm.
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Swim up bar in the ocean?? How fun!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Michelle, you stated that construction on the pool will be from 10/9 through 10/31, does that mean that the pool will be open by the 31st? Or does that mean that construction will end on the 31st and they will still have to fill it? We have two weeks booked, one week at Couples Negril and the other at Couples Tower Isle. Our original plans are to stay at CN first and then transfer to CTI but if the pool will be open on the 31st, it would be better if we went to CTI first.