Default New international airport

When we were at the managers welcome cocktail party, they announced that a new international airport will be buildt 10-15 minutes from CSS. I forgot the name of it - perhaps someone will recall and post the name and when it is expected to open. The shuttle ride from MBJ is never that bad for us, but since we have seen the area now, I shorter transfer will be nice for future years.

That close? I wonder what the runway layout will be like, and how many planes a day over the resort.

I should think they were talking about Ian Fleming International Airport in Boscobel. I understood it only took smaller planes, but perhaps there are plans to expand it. At the moment Tim Air and International Airlink fly into it from Mobay and Negril.

A completely new airport? They are upgrading and putting in a new traffic control tower at the Ian Fleming airport in Boscobel
    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...airport_135096
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I should think they were talking about Ian Fleming International Airport in Boscobel. I understood it only took smaller planes, but perhaps there are plans to expand it. At the moment Tim Air and International Airlink fly into it from Mobay and Negril.
    Yes, Ian Fleming must be what they were talking about for commercial flights next year. Ian Fleming airport’s website FAQ section states there are no commercial flights yet but “plans are being put in place”. Time will tell 😀. Thanks for providing the name of that one so we can keep an eye out for next year.

We flew into that airport via TimAir from MoBay. No way that airport can handle large aircraft, maybe regional jets if they enlarge the runway but I am not sure how many regional jets fly to Jamaica over the water from the US

If they were building a new large international airport they would be talking about it for years before they break ground.