Default Penthouse to SSB

We're headed to CSS in 251 days! How far are the penthouses from SSB A) 5 minute walk (1 drink) B) It's a 2 red stripes trip or c) call a cab? LOL Thanks to all....

The ones in D Block are just 5 minutes away if you go the back way by Pallazina, but you can also take the "long way" - which takes you by the main beach and stop at the beach bar for the 2nd red stripe

Anything higher up and they literally do have a cab/shuttle you can call!

Thanks guys- we requested D block, but no one seems to know the odds of that actually happening. Hopefully this far out we will be able to get in there. Thanks again!

I would always choose option B....maybe combine B & C if I am staying in G block.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Default Service road

Quote Originally Posted by nashcouple View Post
    We're headed to CSS in 251 days! How far are the penthouses from SSB A) 5 minute walk (1 drink) B) It's a 2 red stripes trip or c) call a cab? LOL Thanks to all....
    We were in D block and used the little service road which went straight down to SSB. Itís the road which they use to deliver you from the lobby to your room. We had a first floor room in the D block and it was a short walk and just a few steps to the balloon bar for evening entertainment. However to go to SSB in a.m we always used the road or the other short cut that comes out to the side of Palazina. We saw them making the ice sculptors in the shed on the road one day. The SSB bar opens at 10 a.m. so take a water bottle from your frig with you. We stayed 6 Days and never felt pain in our legs but we do walk or golf at home most days. However since we were first floor, once up the hill, we had no more steps up to room. Make sure you go the long way at some time during your stay to enjoy the mineral pool, hidden jacuzzi, veggie bar, grotto, and other wondering views. Notice I didnít mention the GYM. LOL

Thanks to all of you for replying! Now here's another; regarding SSB, NO amount of tanning bed, pre-tanning, etc will prepare my body for 7 days of sun Au-Naturel. Simply won't happen! I even get burned in the shade I love the sun & beach, my complexion doesn't. My wife however, is a sun worshiper & will spend the entire 7 days laying in it. Is it acceptable for me to wear a SHIRT while I'm on the beach with her?

Quote Originally Posted by nashcouple View Post
    Thanks to all of you for replying! Now here's another; regarding SSB, NO amount of tanning bed, pre-tanning, etc will prepare my body for 7 days of sun Au-Naturel. Simply won't happen! I even get burned in the shade I love the sun & beach, my complexion doesn't. My wife however, is a sun worshiper & will spend the entire 7 days laying in it. Is it acceptable for me to wear a SHIRT while I'm on the beach with her?
    I wouldn't do it on the first day/ first time you go to ssb- get to know everyone a bit - by day 3 no one will care as they know who you are.

I also wouldn't wear it around the pool a lot (maybe if you play volleyball) - there's shady spots you can hide under or sit at the bar.

If you only put it on when you go on the beach or in the sun, people would figure it out and I doubt anyone would care.

You'll probably get teased more about it than anything else

My wife has to avoid the sun as well and she has no problems as there is plenty of shade so you might be overthinking it a bit.

... but, just know if you do wear it - you might get asked to take it off as it's still clothing - even if the intent is good..
    Last edited by MichaelAndKristin; July 3rd, 2018 at 02:35 PM.

I think it would be disrespectful to try to wear a shirt. If one wears a shirt for sun protection - where is the line as to what clothes are allowed? It is not a clothing optional beach. Use a lot of sunscreen would be my advice.

There are many shaded areas at SSB and the rules clearly state that no clothing is allowed. You will be very noticeable and security is usually very quick to point out the rules to any offenders. You will be given the options of disrobing completely or leaving. I personally could care less what everyone else is doing, however, I have to agree with Guy & Sharona that it is disrespectful to blatantly disregard the resort rules. It becomes a slippery slope with everyone wanting to disregard or "bend" the rules....if you can wear a shirt, they why can't I wear bottoms or shorts?

I tan easy, however, I always "pre tan" and use a high SPF that is waterproof for the first several days along with a large brimmed hat and move throughout the day into more shade.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Thanks guys- that's why I'm asking now. We started "prepping" in the pool last week I'll just drink, seek shade, apply sunscreen, repeat.....

I am also phenomenally pale - I start to burn on the walk from the cliff to the beach grill at high noon - and have been ok with SSB just using a good sunscreen and hanging out in the shade of the pool bar. Just remember to reapply frequently; most of my problems have come from waiting until my hubby notices I'm burning to remind me. You might also consider hitting Palazzina for lunch. It will get you out of the sun for a bit at the worst time of the day for sun exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by BuntportFan View Post
    You might also consider hitting Palazzina for lunch. It will get you out of the sun for a bit at the worst time of the day for sun exposure.
    This is great advice - the inside is also air conditioned - helped me cool down and get my energy back on many occasions.

It's funny too because I used to live in Florida - and I've explained to people that the sun is very similar to snow in northern climates - the people that live there know to just avoid it at certain times of the day.

I'm happy to hear there is plenty of shade as I also must avoid direct sun exposure. When we go to clothing optional beaches in Florida I spend 95% of my time under umbrellas. I was looking at pictures of SSB and it didn't look like there was much shade. I was beginning to worry. So this is a relief.