Default Shaping Up for AN

Wondering how many folks try to get in shape for AN. I’m a triathlete and my wife is in fairly good shape as well, but we are both working on getting a little “harder” before we get there in January. Anyone else do this?

I am as it's a bit of a traditional thing for me - mostly about wanting to feel as good as I can the entire trip. (not concerned about how I look - just want to be in the right physical condition)

I'm getting up early, walking a lot, taking the stairs, taking care of myself, eating healthy (so I can indulge when we get there!) etc...

Don't want to get sick, injure myself or be out of shape or tired and sleeping too much.

One year just before our vacation I was rear ended - my very first thought was "This ***hole better not have f'd up my vacation!" - fortunately I was just a bit sore for a couple of days.

I’ve been walking about 3 miles a day for two months so that I can walk all around CSS and not miss anything. I’m not really worried about Shapes or anything since what I’ve read states SSB is just like most others like it - one will see all sizes, shapes, and, ages.
    I’m only looking towards enjoying time with my husband. I doubt I will even notice what “shape” someone is in. Good luck with your routine though. Sounds like you are doing what you enjoy and that’s what is important.

I do work out, but it only consists of right arm curls so that I have the strength to lift my drinks all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Piperman View Post
    I do work out, but it only consists of right arm curls so that I have the strength to lift my drinks all day!
    Too funny Piperman!! Made me laugh on the outside.
    Looking forward to seeing you both.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

I think a lot of us work out more and cut carbs before we go. I try to get in the best shape I can before we go since I know I won't be working out when I get there. The only working out I get is floating in the ocean and walking to the bar for another Red Stripe. No one really cares what you look like except you.

Yes we joined a gym a 2 months ago to try and lose a few pounds before our Sept. weddingmoon. And we have lost a few.

Wife and I try to shed a few pounds just to make up for what we consume during our stay. Don't feel pressure to look buff though. Treat it like you would a trip to the pool, lake or ocean. If you "harden" up for those trips,then this should be no different.

I named my toilet Jim; now I can honestly say I go the the Jim every day before work!

I'm in shape. Round is a shape. Isn't it?
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2022?