Default CSS - Going from SSB over to managers cocktail party question

I put this on the main board, but reworded it here for the SSB guests, I see that according to the Couples app, the Managers Cocktail Party is at 6:00 p.m. on Mondayís. Do most ladies that are attending the cocktail party, leave SSB earlier in the afternoon in order to dress up a bit, or Since itís at the main pool, is it ok to throw on a sundress to attend? Our room will be in the cliffs and we arrive On a Monday. We probably canít get checked in and down to the beach until 3:30 or 4:00 and our room is on the cliff with lots of stairs just to change for that party. I guess we should skip SSB the first day 😕 and go down prepared for the evening activities ?

First - your vacation will go a lot smoother if you let it all go and just let things flow as they may... Plan less and you'll do more.

Thus, Go to ssb! See how you feel when it gets closer to 6:00 - you may decide the best cocktail party is right there and no need to get up...

Or, if you want to move on to the mgrs cocktail party - a couple of options:

1> Yes, Go in the sundress straight from SSB! Probably what we would do... No-one will care. You can leave SSB @ 5:55 and be early
    2> Call the van around 5:00 and have them drive you up to your room on the cliffs (they won't get there until 5:30 so call ahead)
    3> If you know the right ways to go, you can avoid a lot of the stairs and get to your room in 10 minutes walking (stay to the left by the ocean from SSB, until you get to the mineral pool/spa then take the elevator up to the cliffs)

The resort is big, but it's not so big that you need to plan around it. The only time staying on the cliffs becomes a pain is when you get all the way down to the beach and realize you forgot something! So a big beach bag can be handy.

In general - for dressing up for the evenings - this is more about personal taste and comfort level as to just how dressed up you want to get for each other - other guests will not care what you're wearing.

Because of the humidity, my wife doesn't wear a lot of make up or spend a lot of time on her hair. Just not worth it.

We have a couple of special nights each trip that we will do a bit extra to get ready for but otherwise we do not spend a lot of time getting ready - we just make sure we match the requested attire and are clean and comfortable.

Plan less - things will go wrong to mess up the plans - but who cares! Let things just flow and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAndKristin View Post
    First - your vacation will go a lot smoother if you let it all go and just let things flow as they may... Plan less and you'll do more.

Thus, Go to ssb! See how you feel when it gets closer to 6:00 - you may decide the best cocktail party is right there and no need to get up...

Or, if you want to move on to the mgrs cocktail party - a couple of options:

1> Yes, Go in the sundress straight from SSB! Probably what we would do... No-one will care. You can leave SSB @ 5:55 and be early
    2> Call the van around 5:00 and have them drive you up to your room on the cliffs (they won't get there until 5:30 so call ahead)
    3> If you know the right ways to go, you can avoid a lot of the stairs and get to your room in 10 minutes walking (stay to the left by the ocean from SSB, until you get to the mineral pool/spa then take the elevator up to the cliffs)

The resort is big, but it's not so big that you need to plan around it. The only time staying on the cliffs becomes a pain is when you get all the way down to the beach and realize you forgot something! So a big beach bag can be handy.

In general - for dressing up for the evenings - this is more about personal taste and comfort level as to just how dressed up you want to get for each other - other guests will not care what you're wearing.

Because of the humidity, my wife doesn't wear a lot of make up or spend a lot of time on her hair. Just not worth it.

We have a couple of special nights each trip that we will do a bit extra to get ready for but otherwise we do not spend a lot of time getting ready - we just make sure we match the requested attire and are clean and comfortable.

Plan less - things will go wrong to mess up the plans - but who cares! Let things just flow and enjoy!
    Thanks for reply. Great info about just seeing how it goes and not to worry much about much makeup and hair fixing - also, the reminder about shortcuts and elevator. Iíll have a couple things in my beach bag and decide as we go. The other nights give us a bit more time for night time events. Now I know Iíll be fine that first night also. Thanks !