Default How does a split stay work?

We are wanting to do a split stay between CTI and CSS on our next trip. For anyone who has done this before - how do I book it? I assume I need to do it over the phone directly with Couples. Also, I assume we just check out of one resort in the morning and then Couples will shuttle us to the other resort to check in there? Any advice or guidance is appreciated. Thank you.

Its really easy, we've done it many times. We just ask our TA to book us one week at one resort and the next week at the other. When we do the pre-check-in, in the comment box, I put that we are transferring to *** and ask for a certain time. When we arrive at the first resort I confirm that we are transferring and confirm the time. Occasionally reception ask us to adjust the time by Ĺ hour either way, but that is no problem.

We have been doing split stays for several years, there is a 3 day minimum at any resort-and to my knowledge you do have to call to do the booking. They will set up the transportation between the 2 resorts, but you literally could walk between those 2. They are treated as separate reservations, so if this was ones first trip to a Couples resort, the 2nd reservation would essentially make you a "repeater"- and qualify you for the "repeaters dinner" . I would say that if you are on the fence regarding the whole deal-you will be able to do a "trading places " swap between the two resorts if you choose not to do the split stay. enjoy ! m&s

Split stays are a lot of fun as you get a lot of variety in a single trip.

You could book it online too as you'll just tell them when you check in that you're transferring - they'll take care of transportation.

The only down side is having to pack all your stuff and feeling somewhat homeless for a few hours.

Your room will probably not be ready when you arrive at the next resort so be dressed/ready to hit the beach as you won't have a place to get ready.

They'll take care of your bags when your room is ready.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy & Sharona View Post
    We are wanting to do a split stay between CTI and CSS on our next trip. For anyone who has done this before - how do I book it? I assume I need to do it over the phone directly with Couples. Also, I assume we just check out of one resort in the morning and then Couples will shuttle us to the other resort to check in there? Any advice or guidance is appreciated. Thank you.
    I think split stays are great. If your vacation is long enough you may want to consider a split stay between one of the Negril Couples and one of the Ocho Couples. While all of them have a different feel to them, there is an even greater difference travelling between the two towns. Just remember that Ocho is about 2.5 hours away from Negril so be sure you have enough vacation time to make it worth it.

Default Split stays

Iím bumping this thread to top since one poster just asked about split stays and I found this good info.

We booked out split stay (CTI then CN) last year thru our travel agent. The generic booking sites don't handle that split stay very well. If you are not using a travel agent I would call Couples directly and arrange it that way.

So make sure you let the first resort know you are moving to another Couples when you check out. CTI did not seem to have that information before we arrived. I would also follow-up with the front desk the day before your transfer to make sure everything is all set. Couples really did a great job with the transfer between resorts. First class all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@Debbie View Post
    We booked out split stay (CTI then CN) last year thru our travel agent. The generic booking sites don't handle that split stay very well. If you are not using a travel agent I would call Couples directly and arrange it that way.

So make sure you let the first resort know you are moving to another Couples when you check out. CTI did not seem to have that information before we arrived. I would also follow-up with the front desk the day before your transfer to make sure everything is all set. Couples really did a great job with the transfer between resorts. First class all the way.
    Great to read your posts about your split stay and about the catamaran sail. Thanks!

I split stay works the same as any other hotel if booking at two different hotels within the same chain in two different cities. It is simply two seperate bookings. Included with your booking at any of the Couples hotels includes transportation from and to the airport, so the two resorts just split the cost of the transfer from one resort to the other, so it is free to you. You don't stop at the airport and they have always let us pick the time of the transfer. We leave at 6am to miss the traffic in Montego Bay and complete the trip in about two and a half hours. When you check into the first resort (online or in person) simply put "Transferring to Couples XXX" in the return flight information. If checking in online to the second resort, put "Transferring from Couples XXX" in the incoming flight information. Then, when you get to the first resort, schedule your transfer with the front desk.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

Wally, great info about adding the transfer to and from resort name in the flight box sections for each reservation - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guy & Sharona View Post

One of the best things about split stays is that all your reward credits reset when you go to the next resort. We did a split stay last year between CTI and CN. We were surprised when we got to CN and had another resort credit. Planning on doing the same thing this year in 17 days.

Default Transport from CN to CSS

Quote Originally Posted by foreverbarefootSXM View Post
    Wally, great info about adding the transfer to and from resort name in the flight box sections for each reservation - thanks
    We had a great stay at CN. When at CN waiting for our bus/van back to the airport, another van pulled up and called Sans Soucci. About 8 guests moved to the van and said they were doing a split stay. Lucky guys, I would have loved to get on that one headed to CSS, but only had one week vacation. Sounds very easy and to me the van/bus rides go by fast, except for the sad one back to the airport. 😕 May after CSS has reopened after their summer 2020 remodeling, we can get back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    I split stay works the same as any other hotel if booking at two different hotels within the same chain in two different cities. It is simply two seperate bookings. Included with your booking at any of the Couples hotels includes transportation from and to the airport, so the two resorts just split the cost of the transfer from one resort to the other, so it is free to you. You don't stop at the airport and they have always let us pick the time of the transfer. We leave at 6am to miss the traffic in Montego Bay and complete the trip in about two and a half hours. When you check into the first resort (online or in person) simply put "Transferring to Couples XXX" in the return flight information. If checking in online to the second resort, put "Transferring from Couples XXX" in the incoming flight information. Then, when you get to the first resort, schedule your transfer with the front desk.
    Bumping this great info to the top of posts. Thanks Wally, I havenít used this great information about split transfers yet, but since guests may be planning their summer like me, I didnít want the info shared (about keying resort info into the flights section) to get to far away.
    Thanks everyone who has posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike&Sylvia View Post
    We have been doing split stays for several years, there is a 3 day minimum at any resort-and to my knowledge you do have to call to do the booking. They will set up the transportation between the 2 resorts, but you literally could walk between those 2. They are treated as separate reservations, so if this was ones first trip to a Couples resort, the 2nd reservation would essentially make you a "repeater"- and qualify you for the "repeaters dinner" . I would say that if you are on the fence regarding the whole deal-you will be able to do a "trading places " swap between the two resorts if you choose not to do the split stay. enjoy ! m&s
    I thought it takes 30 days for your rewards points to credit so if this is your first trip, you wouldn't qualify for the repeaters dinner on a split stay. Can anyone confirm/deny who's done a split stay on their first trip?

With the COVID restrictions, are split stays still allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by srtaylor View Post
    With the COVID restrictions, are split stays still allowed?
    We were allowed to do a split stay when we went travelled in July - we stayed at CSS first then CSA. But on the sad bus home from CSA to the airport, another couple that left same day and time as us said they were supposed to do a split stay also between CTI and CSA but were told they were not allowed by the interviewer at the airport so they stayed at CSA their whole trip.