Default How does a split stay work?

We are wanting to do a split stay between CTI and CSS on our next trip. For anyone who has done this before - how do I book it? I assume I need to do it over the phone directly with Couples. Also, I assume we just check out of one resort in the morning and then Couples will shuttle us to the other resort to check in there? Any advice or guidance is appreciated. Thank you.

Its really easy, we've done it many times. We just ask our TA to book us one week at one resort and the next week at the other. When we do the pre-check-in, in the comment box, I put that we are transferring to *** and ask for a certain time. When we arrive at the first resort I confirm that we are transferring and confirm the time. Occasionally reception ask us to adjust the time by hour either way, but that is no problem.

We have been doing split stays for several years, there is a 3 day minimum at any resort-and to my knowledge you do have to call to do the booking. They will set up the transportation between the 2 resorts, but you literally could walk between those 2. They are treated as separate reservations, so if this was ones first trip to a Couples resort, the 2nd reservation would essentially make you a "repeater"- and qualify you for the "repeaters dinner" . I would say that if you are on the fence regarding the whole deal-you will be able to do a "trading places " swap between the two resorts if you choose not to do the split stay. enjoy ! m&s

Split stays are a lot of fun as you get a lot of variety in a single trip.

You could book it online too as you'll just tell them when you check in that you're transferring - they'll take care of transportation.

The only down side is having to pack all your stuff and feeling somewhat homeless for a few hours.

Your room will probably not be ready when you arrive at the next resort so be dressed/ready to hit the beach as you won't have a place to get ready.

They'll take care of your bags when your room is ready.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy & Sharona View Post
    We are wanting to do a split stay between CTI and CSS on our next trip. For anyone who has done this before - how do I book it? I assume I need to do it over the phone directly with Couples. Also, I assume we just check out of one resort in the morning and then Couples will shuttle us to the other resort to check in there? Any advice or guidance is appreciated. Thank you.
    I think split stays are great. If your vacation is long enough you may want to consider a split stay between one of the Negril Couples and one of the Ocho Couples. While all of them have a different feel to them, there is an even greater difference travelling between the two towns. Just remember that Ocho is about 2.5 hours away from Negril so be sure you have enough vacation time to make it worth it.