Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: October 2018

28 days... I usually email Couples right about now to ask about their stock of rum - gotta be sure they're ready for me.

You guys ready? Michelle? Has anyone checked the rum stock lately?

26 days and 19 hours before we board our plane. I have the whole 8 days planned out to the minute. Upon arrival go to beach with a drink; when it gets to dark to drink - go to bed. Repeat each day. Iím pretty sure I can keep to this schedule! Did I miss anything? Oh yea, better add a food stop or two in the schedule. We have not been to CSS. Which restaurants are a must? CSA has a marvelous jerk chicken shack. Will I find something like that at CSS?

See you all soon.
    Sharon

35 days for us!! Better tell Couples to double the order!!!! Cheers Dan and Tracey

Casanova is the formal restaurant and their food is great, but we prefer both the food and the less formal attire at Palazzina.
    If you are looking for jerk chicken, I believe it is almost always available at the Bella Vista Beach Grill on the main beach as well as
    at the pool grill at SSB, depending on which beach you plan to visit with your drink.

Beach grill has the same jerk chicken - pallazina will also have jerk chicken pizza!

And double that order of rum!

Seven days to go. Looks like most of the group will be there after we leave on the 13th. Should be a quiet time for us. We were at CSS last October and it was very quiet. Most days there were maybe five couples on the textile beach, while Sunset Beach was much more popular with 15+ couples. Most of the SSB crowd is at the pool, so getting a palapa was never a problem, no matter what time of day. Food is also great there. If you haven't been to SSB, and are curious, you must try it early in your stay. Last year we went the second day and every day after. If we waited until the end to try it we would have missed the best part of our stay.

I am so looking forward to our trip. My husband wants to stay at CSS because it is close to off site excursions. I am trying to talk him into going to SSB, but no luck so far. Any suggestions on how to convince him to try it?

Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Ann View Post
    I am so looking forward to our trip. My husband wants to stay at CSS because it is close to off site excursions. I am trying to talk him into going to SSB, but no luck so far. Any suggestions on how to convince him to try it?

Sharon
    A handful of drinks.... that is what we did... but like everyone says, without sounding like a broken record, try it on your first day. Just get there, find a spot away from everyone (on the beach) and relax. Before you know it you will forget that you are no wearing a swimming suit.

8 more days until we return, it seems like it is taking forever...

March 2012 - CSA
    March 2013 - CTI
    Oct 2014 - CSS
    Oct 2015 - CSS
    Oct 2016 - CSS
    Oct 2017 - CSS
    July 2018 - CSS
    Oct 2018 - CSS

Sharon Ann, best advice I've read about SSB (or any AN area really) and what basically convinced my wife and I to give it a try when we get there was "go early in the day (less crowded), pick a spot away from the main areas, get settled, drop your clothes and try to relax. Give it a little while to let the anxiety and self-consciousness fade and try to enjoy the experience for what it is. If you just can't relax and decide it's just not for you, simply get dressed and leave the area, no harm, no foul... at least you can say you gave it a try." Many people have said it takes less time than you'd think to get comfortable with it since everyone else is just as "exposed" as you are. Besides, you may not ever seen anyone from there again so what's to lose? I've seen too many posts saying it really is a great way to completely relax and enjoy your downtime to not at least give it a try. We are definitely getting excited about our trip at this point (20 days and counting!) as it will be our first trip of this type and our 5th wedding anniversary and really looking forward meeting many of you there!

There's a great thread on here in the au natural section that is all about this - both feelings before and after people have tried au natural:

https://mb.couples.com/showthread.ph...-Your-vacation

I'll add that october is a very slow time of year so ssb will not be very crowded - it's also a pretty big area - in the early morning you should be able to come over and have the beach mostly to yourselves... this will give you the opportunity to settle in one of the palapas that are farthest from the pool and everyone so you can get used to it before a lot of people arrive and still have some privacy.

That first time can feel awkward but you adjust very quickly and soon it just feels natural.

For your husband - it's more like being at the gym showers than it is intimate - not sure if that makes sense but I'm saying it's a non sexual experience - except for the vibes between you and your spouse which will be exciting and romantic ("can't believe we're doing this etc").

Everyone else will do their best to keep eye contact (just like in the men's locker room)

If you talk him into it, go early in your trip so you can do it more if you like it.

Also - ssb/ white river is where all the fishermen leave and return - if he wants to interact with the fishermen/ locals and check out their catches - ssb is the place... can also put our suits on and walk across the river over to the fisherman's village anytime.

Ssb will light an extra spark that can be amazing for most people who take the plunge and try it - especially if your relationship is in need of a bit of excitement as there's a special connection that gets made when two people decide to try something new, together - especially if it's a bit scary/ intimidating.

Either way you're both guaranteed to have a good time.

As a last resort - ssb is clothing optional at 5:00 - you can try it out while he keeps his suit on at that time - maybe he'll see its not such a big deal and join you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike & Cathy View Post
    Sharon Ann, best advice I've read about SSB (or any AN area really) and what basically convinced my wife and I to give it a try when we get there was "go early in the day (less crowded), pick a spot away from the main areas, get settled, drop your clothes and try to relax. Give it a little while to let the anxiety and self-consciousness fade and try to enjoy the experience for what it is. If you just can't relax and decide it's just not for you, simply get dressed and leave the area, no harm, no foul... at least you can say you gave it a try." Many people have said it takes less time than you'd think to get comfortable with it since everyone else is just as "exposed" as you are. Besides, you may not ever seen anyone from there again so what's to lose? I've seen too many posts saying it really is a great way to completely relax and enjoy your downtime to not at least give it a try. We are definitely getting excited about our trip at this point (20 days and counting!) as it will be our first trip of this type and our 5th wedding anniversary and really looking forward meeting many of you there!
    You can always go in the evening and use the hot tub. It's a nice way to ease into AN. We went several times at night and took a bottle of champagne. It's incredible to be AN under the star. Enjoy!!!

Sharon Ann: my husband and I loved our CSS trip last June. I could hardly get my husband off of SSB each day to do anything else. He loved relaxing in the lounge chairs under the huge papalas made of palm fronds and floating on the floats in the water. The chairs are spaced far apart and you donít disrobe until you go to your chair, sit on a towel (which you can bring from your room or bring your own). More towels are set in the cabinet at the pool, but if you are shy you may wish to go to the beach first. Iím sure you read the other tips. Since one must sit on a towel everywhere, you and hubby can throw a towel over your shoulder and let it hang in front when you go to bar or bathroom. Once you see how normal everyone is any concerns will be gone. I hope you tell your story when you return and tell if you got to SSB and stayed a while��. Enjoy!

Thanks to everyone who responded about getting my husband to go to SSB. I read that ďsinglesĒ were not allowed and was really disappointed that I would not get the opportunity to try out the beach. Thank you Michael and Kristian for suggesting that we go in the evening when swimsuits are optional. I think I could get him to go with me if he is not pressured to undress. I canít believe the answer to my problem was that simple! 18 days before we are on the plane. See you all soon!

Glad I could help - also know you can go topless on the main beach anytime too.

Sunset hours change depending on time of year - it's either 5:00 or 6:00 and it changes in the fall so not 100% sure when it starts right now (should be 6 till November)

At 6:00, most of the nudists will move over to the pool/ hot tub - but usually groups of the "textiles" will all start to arrive at the same time (closer to 6:15-6:30)

On many nights no one comes over but sometimes there can be a large crowd and it can get a bit intimidating/outnumbered on the beach if you're nude.

Thus - you might want to start on the beach but move towards the pool/ hot tub as more people arrive.

Just depends on how comfortable you are.

Also - early morning (gate opens at 6:45) many people will arrive without their spouses to set up their spots and get settled in - I seriously doubt anyone would notice, or care if you arrived alone and spent an hour or so on the beach early morning - especially if you spent the previous evening nude and socializing/getting to know us.

The "singles" that get dealt with very quickly are usually men who come alone or in groups - usually drunk - that are clearly there to gawk...

Women can usually blend in more and can get away without their spouse for much longer - especially if you just came for a walk on the beach.

However - after all that - I'd keep working on hubby - a few Bob Marley shots maybe? He's missing out and there's something very special about taking the plunge together. Late night maybe? After everyone has gone?

Sharon Ann: oh, if you go at 5:00 it will still be light, but I also took a little pocket flashlight with us for walking around after dark from SSB - itís a wide straight path, but I liked a light for pathways and steps as areas are lit, but not brightly - which is very romantic. Also, took my light to the outside Jamaica night and Gala night. Enjoy!

Looks like there won't be many people at the resort - October is usually pretty slow but in past years it had started to become more popular. There appears to be plenty of rooms left - penthouses are usually sold out months in advance.

We've been in late August and at times there were only a handful of couples at ssb. October usually has a good 15-20 - we'll find out soon!

Weather looks to be shaping up nicely as well - the current system hanging over jamaica should move west in a couple of days - not much else out there to cause problems.

Hope everyone has a safe flight.

SDD only 9 days to go!!!

In one week from today I will be on the beach with a drink in my hand! Iím so excited. I bought a GoPro for zip lining and snorkeling. Has anyone zip lined in Jamaic

Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by Mark&Cindy View Post
    SDD only 9 days to go!!!
    15 days to go! See you all at SSB !! Planning a AN snorkeling trip if anyone is interested.

We will be there 10/31 - 11/6 this year

One week to go! And it can't get here soon enough!

Y'all have me thinking I'm going to have to try to get the Mrs over to SSB. It make take a few shots. Or a dozen. Or twenty.

I canít believe my plane leaves in less than 10 hours. I need to sleep, but Iím to excited. I have 3 different alarms set so I donít oversleep. Good night everyone and I will see all you wonderful people on the beach tomorrow!
    Sharon

Less than 48 hours. How the heck am I supposed to get any work done? All I can think about is beaches and rum drinks and seafood!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2