Default What are the brands of wine at Couples?

Friends of ours are interested in Couples Negril because we love it so much, but she is a white wine drinker and would like to know what brands are available among the "house" wines that are included at no extra charge.

Thanks in advance.

We love wine...we drink wine everyday and have been known to order wines we like, by the case...I worked part time in a wine store for almost 2 years after I retired...so I say this with all the respect and admiration for Couples, you don't go to the Caribbean to find good wine. The wines are fine to drink with dinner as the food completes the taste, but as a stand alone drink they come up short. I would consider simply paying the difference and upgrading from the wine list.

That said, I also enjoy good rum...Couples does this very very well.

There is only one white wine that is not on the manager's list and it is a Chardonnay. Not too bad, but a little too oak-ie tasting for my taste. I prefer a light and fruity white. Sorry I don't know the brand name, but they are usually from New Zealand or Australia. Although they do serve better wine at Otaheite and at the Repeater's Dinner.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by JakkL View Post
    Friends of ours are interested in Couples Negril because we love it so much, but she is a white wine drinker and would like to know what brands are available among the "house" wines that are included at no extra charge.

Thanks in advance.
    It's Frontera Chardonney. Not terrible, but not great either. It is certainly vastly better than what was being served at the bars at Tower Island a few years ago. That was undrinkable.

In February this year the wines at CSA, CN and CSS were Concha y Toro's Frontera range: Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon blanc, Chardonnay and a rose. We found them very drinkable, especially the Merlot!
    Last edited by Dawn; April 19th, 2018 at 04:19 PM. Reason: More detail

They are Chiliean wines. The brand that they serve in Otaheite is Frontera

The house wine used to be Frontera but they might have changed it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by drbcwp View Post
    The house wine used to be Frontera but they might have changed it by now.
    We were at Sans Souci last week and they were serving the Frontera.
    CSS - March, 2012, April, 2018
    CTI - March, 2013, 2014, 2015, October, 2016, March, 2017, April, 2019

duty free
    Ya Mon

Could someone post a current or even just a recent wine list? Thanks!

If you are a true wine snob (and I am!), you will not be pleased with the wine Couples has on hand. We solved that by bringing a few bottles of our favorites along (packed in wine sacks in our checked luggage). We LOVE LOVE LOVE Couples but the wine is bad. True you can purchase from the list but the one time we did that, the wine had turned and the second bottle they replaced the first with had turned as well. Now we bring our own wine to dinner.