Default Feb 24- March 3 2019

We are 1st time Couples visitors coming last week Feb 2019- !st week March Almost a year away but excited. Any tips or advice?

Quote Originally Posted by nashcouple View Post
    We are 1st time Couples visitors coming last week Feb 2019- !st week March Almost a year away but excited. Any tips or advice?
    Good to see the boards active so early. DW and I along with another couple will be returning for our third straight year February 23 - March 2, 2019. We will be transferring over after spending a week at Couples Negril. We all live in Michigan so two weeks away from the snow and cold is just what the doctor ordered. There’s a lot of good advise on these boards and on TA. What questions might you have we can help you with?

We have visited CSS the last week of Feb for 7 of the last 8 years. We kinda love it! Ask away....

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdawnNH View Post
    We have visited CSS the last week of Feb for 7 of the last 8 years. We kinda love it! Ask away....
    We'll have to meet for a drink this year. I'll buy the first round.

Thanks for the reply. Booked flights today, so we’re excited. We’re mid 50’s, never been au natutal! Deb loves topless tanning, I’m sure she’ll love this more once the shock factor wears off 😜. She’s self conscious about it a bit (we aren’t gym rats, although I do drive by one daily) but we’ll probably never see anyone again so who cares, right?

The number of repeat visitors was a big factor in choosing Couples SS. We have stayed at many others over the years (Sandals, Beaches, Grand Oasis,Casa Turquesa, Breezes to name a few) and are excited about this trip. This will be our 2nd trip to Jamaica.
    How strict is the dress code for Casanova restaurant for dinner? I don't take long pants on vacation! Deb wont be a problem, she'll pack beachy dresses.
    According to reviews the Au Natural beach & pool isn't to crowded, at least as far as getting chairs; is that about right?
    Look us up- we'll be the couplet that makes you wonder "how did he get her"

Ok jeffdawnNH or dan54669...... here we go! Is there beach service at SSB, or will we have to pick our lazy, chillaxin asses up and go to the pool bar?
    How crowded will SSB be this time of year (feb24-march3), as far as reclining chairs and shade on the beach? The wife is ALL about the sun while I on the other hand, require shade.
    Is there a setting to be notified when posts are added to or replied to?
    What are your thoughts on the Club Mobay for arrival? Thanks in advance.....Ya Mon

Ok jeffdawnNH or dan54669...... here we go! Is there beach service at SSB, or will we have to pick our lazy, chillaxin asses up and go to the pool bar?
    How crowded will SSB be this time of year (feb24-march3), as far as reclining chairs and shade on the beach? The wife is ALL about the sun while I on the other hand, require shade.
    Is there a setting to be notified when posts are added to or replied to?
    What are your thoughts on the Club Mobay for arrival? Thanks in advance.....Ya Mon
    Hello nashcouple,....There is beach service at SSB although we don't utilize it, we stay on the pool deck and I don't mind the walk to the bar. The last week of Feb is a busy time but it never feels crowded. The resort is a large property and people hang out in different spots all over the resort. Roughly 1/3 of the guests use SSB (this came from Nicolas, a former GM). There are plenty of shade trees on the beach and palapas to set up under,you should have no trouble finding sun/ shade on the beach. The chairs and umbrellas on the pool deck can get scarce later in the day. We do Mobay arrival and departure. It's not always necessary but we come in on Friday afternoon and sometimes if the timing is right there are multiple planes unloading and we are really glad to have it. It's better to have it and not need it than.... Mobay departure is $30/ per person and it's just a more pleasant way to wait for your plane. Comfy seats, open bar, appetizers.. we like it. 286 days....!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdawnNH View Post
    Hello nashcouple,....There is beach service at SSB although we don't utilize it, we stay on the pool deck and I don't mind the walk to the bar. The last week of Feb is a busy time but it never feels crowded. The resort is a large property and people hang out in different spots all over the resort. Roughly 1/3 of the guests use SSB (this came from Nicolas, a former GM). There are plenty of shade trees on the beach and palapas to set up under,you should have no trouble finding sun/ shade on the beach. The chairs and umbrellas on the pool deck can get scarce later in the day. We do Mobay arrival and departure. It's not always necessary but we come in on Friday afternoon and sometimes if the timing is right there are multiple planes unloading and we are really glad to have it. It's better to have it and not need it than.... Mobay departure is $30/ per person and it's just a more pleasant way to wait for your plane. Comfy seats, open bar, appetizers.. we like it. 286 days....!
    Sorry, been buried at work lately so haven’t made it on here in awhile. From our experiences I would say jeffdawn is spot-on with all of the advice they’ve given. Last year was the first time we wouldn’t have needed Club MoBay but I’ll still use it next year. We experienced one of those 2 1/2 hour waits on arrival and worse on departure in 06. Had to do one of those Amazing Race runs through the airport to catch our plane. Never again! Lol. Know things have changed but still not worth having that be my first or last memory of an otherwise great vacation.
    Pierre sat at our table for the returning guest dinner last year and told us that 44% of the guest there that week were there for SSB. This would be for the last week of February 2017. As jeffdawn and others have stated, the resort never feels that crowded so no worries.

Thanks. Another question if I may; how many times a day does the Couples shuttle run to & from the airport? If our flight arrive at 12:40 PM, what time should we expect to leave the airport for and arrive at SS? Conversely, if our flight leaves at 4PM coming home what time will it take us to airport? 255 days and counting!!!

landing at 12:40 will probably put you at the resort at 3:30-3:45. We have normally experienced it takes an hour to clear customs collect bags and get on the shuttle then just under two hours drive. Leaving they will want you to leave the resort nearly 5 hours before your flight to have you at the airport 3 hours before departing flight.

We are coming home Feb 21-28, 2019. This will be our third trip to CSS. Looking forward to SSB again! We will be planning another AN snorkeling trip. We did one last January with 5 other couples. It was a blast!!!!

See you soon!!

I'm gonna try to get Debbie to snorkel- she swims similar to a rock wearing a lifejacket....but we're practicing in the pool in back yard She typically waits for me on the boat. 233 to go....
    BTW-how do you post a profile pic- keeps telling me ours are to big (I'm not used to hearing that

Quote Originally Posted by dan54669 View Post
    We'll have to meet for a drink this year. I'll buy the first round.
    Deal.....I'll spring for round 2!!! 221 days!

I'm gonna try to get Debbie to snorkel- she swims similar to a rock wearing a lifejacket....but we're practicing in the pool in back yard She typically waits for me on the boat. 233 to go....
    BTW-how do you post a profile pic- keeps telling me ours are to big (I'm not used to hearing that
    Hey nashcouple and jeffdawnNH, we booked Club Mobay on our departure day back to Toronto. We arrive on Feb 21 at 1230, haven't had issues with lines. Shuttles are frequent. You will love the AN snorkeling trip. Hi-light for us last January. We were taken to a secluded spot away from others and then we all went for a skinny dip in the ocean! Paradise for sure! Hope to have you join us for our next AN snorkeling trip!!!