Default Only the beautiful people?

Okay. I was even a little nervous about posting in the AN section! Hubby and I will be at CTI in 40 days and he thinks we should plan a visit to the island. I'm 42 with 2 kids, so my body is far from perfect. My main concern is that I'll get to the island and be a large middle-aged woman in a sea of skinny, gorgeous young people. Is that the case? Or is it a pretty representative mix of ages and sizes?

You will see a variety of shapes, sizes and ages.
    Honestly, there are very few Ken and Barbie types that show up. Once you allow yourself to become comfortable, you will notice that absolutely no one cares. Go and enjoy. You will meet the nicest people when you naked.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ALF0525 View Post
    Okay. I was even a little nervous about posting in the AN section! Hubby and I will be at CTI in 40 days and he thinks we should plan a visit to the island. I'm 42 with 2 kids, so my body is far from perfect. My main concern is that I'll get to the island and be a large middle-aged woman in a sea of skinny, gorgeous young people. Is that the case? Or is it a pretty representative mix of ages and sizes?
    I would say that the skinny, gorgeous person is definitely in the minority!

Hahhahhahhaaaaahhahahhaaa....believe me you'll fit in with all the rest of the folks who enjoy Couples AN. The truly attractive thing about the folks at the AN beaches is that they are friendly, non-judgemental and accepting. Enjoy the experience, it'll change your life. Take some time and read the threads on the AN board.

This idea that the people on the nude beach or on the island are all fitness models is not the reality. You're going to see all shapes and sizes there, most of us with what my wife refers top as "lived in" bodies. We're in our late forties and have never been mistaken for perfect, you'll see people there who look like your friends at home. Go to the island on your first day there, you won't regret it one bit!!

What you will see are everyday people, not ones you would find in Vogue or GQ magazines. We all have stretch marks, scars, piercings, tattoos, and I have somewhat of a beer belly. I paid for that and take it everywhere. It is who I am. No one will stare and point or gawk. The scars etc. can become points of conversation. I met a guy who had a tattoo of corvette flags. Since we have a corvette, it was a natural conversation starter. I have many scars on my arm from an illness, not pretty to look at, but again, a nurse would ask and be frightened once they hear the story. We are what we are. Go and enjoy! Live life to the fullest.

Duane & Mary 188 to CTI and 288 to CN

i have often wonder why the young fit people stay on the textile side. but they do. probably the average age when we have been there is late 40's to 50. not many hard bodies in that age group. my best advice to you is to go the first day not the last. if you go the last you'll wish you had gone the first day.

Default Visiting CTI Nude Island Will Change Your Outlook

Please do not worry about things like how you look or what other people will think of what they see of you.

In fact, what they will see of you will be your face when they speak with you and the personality that shines through from you when they interact with you and you with them.

We are 70 and 66 and never hesitated even once to take it all off and enjoy the Island or CSS. We were there last October and the ages of those enjoying the nude experience at the time would have averaged 40- to 70. On a Trading Places day there were quite a few younger ones from CSS.

The Island at CTI is small but big on the opportunity for you to shed your inhibitions (which can happen within five minutes of you arriving on the island and disrobing).

I would suggest that you go to the pool area when you get there and go for your drinks at the bar yourself. Once you say hello to someone on the island and make a bit of 'small talk', you'd be surprise how this can turn into a friendly conversation that will take your mind off your state of dress (really, your lack of dress).

All it will take will be a shake hand and, "Hello, I am Joan (or Josh, or Mary, or whoever), and you will be on your way to a great time on the island.

Also, make it a point to make a reservation early to do a Trading Places day at CSS and spend the day at the 'au naturel' pool when you get there.

I believe that the CSS naturist pool is a great place to enjoy a day in the nude and is a great ice breaker for the timid.

Remember: once you talk to people, they will talk to you; so, do not be shy and you will have a great experience that will change your outlook on nude sunbathing and nude recreation forever.

By the way: Do not forget to come back to this board at the end of your CTI/CSS naturist vacation and give us a full report of your experiences.

I feel sure you will be telling us that it was no big deal and that you wondered what you were so concerned about.

We've been to the Island. I'm in shape. Round is a shape. Isn't it?

As said before. Nobody will care. Nobody will judge.

Give it a chance. When you get to the island go off to your right. Less people. Give it enough time to consider it a valid try. If after 30 minutes or so you still feel too uncomfortable simply put your clothes back on and go to the dock. You will be back on the main resort within a matter of minutes.

For us it was strange at first. But with each time we returned to the island it got easier. Now it's no big deal. For us, we don't spend all of our time on the island. But we always make it a point to go there a few times during our stay.

Enjoy your stay in paradise
    Jack and Kathy
    2020 ?
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016
    CTI 2012, 2014
    CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018

It's important to say this isn't for everyone, but the overwhelming majority of people will accept and enjoy AN once they get over the initial trepidation...and like Mad said, no big deal just head to the other pools.

"Lived in" bodies and "round is a shape" -- you all are great.

So, turns out hubby was actually teasing me and never expected me to give the island a try. Now I'm the one talking it up to him!

As a guy trained in the area of human service, I'm going to take a slightly different approach to this thread. We'll be on our second visit later this month and based on our first, I would agree that there is a mixture of all body types (and sexual attractions, btw) on Sunset Beach. HOWEVER, the assertion that there are few Ken and Barbie types, while literally true (are there really ever any Kens and Barbies?), understates how many really attractive younger people there are getting nude at San Souci. So, if anyone my age (55) is going and thinking they'll fit in because everyone looks like them, I gotta say, "I doubt it" unless last year was really unusual. Yes, there were plenty of 55 y.o. and older in my body profile and we were all quite happy to be us because, really, who else are you going to be? My wife is a year older than me and looks about 15 years younger at least. She looks fantastic, and I don't just mean to me. But convincing her of that, especially when there are some very fit and youthful souls out there, took a little doing. But she did end up on SSB ever day we were there and she wanted to go back. That's not because she thought, "Okay, I'm just like everyone else." It's because it's not important how hot others are or how hot we are. To really get the benefit out of SSB, I would suggest letting go of the comparative analysis of bodies. Enjoy yours. Appreciate others. Be kind to everyone, including you. That's a great way to have a good time nude.

"Lived in" bodies and "round is a shape" -- you all are great.

So, turns out hubby was actually teasing me and never expected me to give the island a try. Now I'm the one talking it up to him!
    Well now you'll have to tell us what happened when you get back!

The one problem you'll have at CTI is that if you're even thinking about trying it - then the island will be sitting there calling you the entire time.

You can't miss seeing it as it's the main thing to look at from everywhere in the resort.

One thing no-one has mentioned - you don't have to be very social at all if the thought of talking to someone nude freaks you out. You can spend the day to the right of the tower where its a lot quieter and less social.

Also - if you go on the first boat over you can tour the island very quickly and decide if it's right for you - at that time of the morning you can have a good hour with very few people out.

Default Forgetting Other Bodies

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest2Jamaica View Post
    As a guy trained in the area of human service, I'm going to take a slightly different approach to this thread. We'll be on our second visit later this month and based on our first, I would agree that there is a mixture of all body types (and sexual attractions, btw) on Sunset Beach. HOWEVER, the assertion that there are few Ken and Barbie types, while literally true (are there really ever any Kens and Barbies?), understates how many really attractive younger people there are getting nude at San Souci. So, if anyone my age (55) is going and thinking they'll fit in because everyone looks like them, I gotta say, "I doubt it" unless last year was really unusual. Yes, there were plenty of 55 y.o. and older in my body profile and we were all quite happy to be us because, really, who else are you going to be? My wife is a year older than me and looks about 15 years younger at least. She looks fantastic, and I don't just mean to me. But convincing her of that, especially when there are some very fit and youthful souls out there, took a little doing. But she did end up on SSB ever day we were there and she wanted to go back. That's not because she thought, "Okay, I'm just like everyone else." It's because it's not important how hot others are or how hot we are. To really get the benefit out of SSB, I would suggest letting go of the comparative analysis of bodies. Enjoy yours. Appreciate others. Be kind to everyone, including you. That's a great way to have a good time nude.
    Well expressed! I could not have put it better.

I think the 'key', as you have stated, is to worry less about others, since most of the others (the regulars, especially), aren't worrying about you.

What we do know is that so many people worry themselves sick over what people will think of them; and when they do get there they realize they could have saved themselves a few grey hairs by just not thinking about is so much since (as they would have realized afterwards) there is nothing to getting it all off and the wariness about it is gone in just a few minutes.

Well been home a month now so just going to offer my two cents regarding the denizens SSB this year, didn't see any fitness models but met a wide range of great people from all over the globe. I find it a little funny that the people with the "best bodies" don't seem to have the lack of inhibitions that us regular folk do. Three younger couples walked onto SSB but didn't make it past the sign before they noped out and beat a hasty retreat.
    It reminded me of a previous trip when my wife and I were there and two young couples came out and to their credit stayed a while. The funny part was overhearing one of the girls tell her husband that he should go to the bar for drinks as "he had the best body among them". My wife and I could barely keep form laughing and it was very tempting to ask them if they had looked around at the rest of us? They left shortly after but at least they tried it.
    In my experience it seems to me that the people with the biggest hangups about nudity are those who the rest of us would think would be the least likely to have issues.

So we had our first trip to CTI last May. We had talked about trying the AN island out and it took 4 days before I finally said you know what. These people don't pay my bills and I'm going to go out there are have this experience. I'm 48, 5'2" and a size 26.

So when we went to get on the boat we had no less than 3 employees approach us to make sure we wanted to go AN. Like there aren't a millions signs around that clearly say what the island is all about. We assured them we knew exactly what we were doing. I wrote to the management after the interaction because it bordered on insensitivity and suggested training on how to interact with plus sized guests. (There was also an interaction on the snorkel boat with an employee re my weight.

The point of this whole thing is to say I had the best time out there in the sun with the breeze all over my body. It was the most freeing andpeaceful I've felt ever.

We have booked another week at CTI May 24-31 and I plan on spending as much time as possible out on the island.

Go and enjoy.

Another suggestion would be to look at the videos people post on YouTube and the pictures on Tripadvisor, you'll see regular people in those not models.

Quote Originally Posted by NerdyTexans View Post
    So we had our first trip to CTI last May. We had talked about trying the AN island out and it took 4 days before I finally said you know what. These people don't pay my bills and I'm going to go out there are have this experience. I'm 48, 5'2" and a size 26.

So when we went to get on the boat we had no less than 3 employees approach us to make sure we wanted to go AN. Like there aren't a millions signs around that clearly say what the island is all about. We assured them we knew exactly what we were doing. I wrote to the management after the interaction because it bordered on insensitivity and suggested training on how to interact with plus sized guests. (There was also an interaction on the snorkel boat with an employee re my weight.

The point of this whole thing is to say I had the best time out there in the sun with the breeze all over my body. It was the most freeing andpeaceful I've felt ever.

We have booked another week at CTI May 24-31 and I plan on spending as much time as possible out on the island.

Go and enjoy.
    Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you had an amazing time and as many have mentioned - "once you go, you know!"

It's also interesting that the problems you encountered happened while you were clothed - the whole point of everyone being AN is it levels the playing field - none of us have perfect bodies (many think they do, but...) - you have to be comfortable in who you are to go AN and glad to hear you didn't let anyone discourage you.

Go and enjoy.
    So glad you enjoyed the experience. Vacation planning will never be the same ��
    You may also enjoy Couples Sans Soucci. We went to Couples Sans Soucci last summer and loved the Sunset beach area. Everything you need for the entire day is right in that a/n area (beach, pool, hot tub, grill, showers, new restrooms), lots of room with chairs and papalas for shade. I couldn’t drag my husband away. LOL! People were all shapes and ages and not judgmental. Enjoy your return trip. I hope to try Couples Negril this summer since the water in that bay is wonderful for floating.

We may try to do one day at CSS this year. Can't wait to get back.

@NertyTexans, ya'll def should give it a go. Warning though.....you will immediately feel at ease and spend time with some of the most laid back and non judge peeps you will ever meet. The only time someone cares about someone else's physical appearance is if they are looking to hookup, other than that, who gives a flying F lol. Just go and have a great time. From one set of nerdy texans to another.....you got this!

We may try to do one day at CSS this year. Can't wait to get back.
    Make sure it is the first day so you can go back the rest of your vacation.

JP