Default Friday july 7, 2017. Flamingo floatie races at the pool bar waterfall!

After a 2 year hiatus; the 4th annual Fundraiser which benefits the local Boy's Orphanage returns!!!!

If you are at CN on the 7th please try to join us for some fun and help raise much needed $$$$ for the school.

In the past we have helped to purchase playground equipment and classroom dividers among many other items.

In 2014 almost $800 was raised by the CN guests and I hope to top that his year.

Here's how you can help and have a blast of a good time and possibly win a CN supplied gift basket.

-----look for the Captain and his 1st mate. AKA John and Cheryl Ann.

-----we are easy to find. Look for the poolside Umbrella with "Murray" the Monkey flying proudly.

-----we will also be sporting bright pink; very obnoxious shirts which read "Official Flamingo distributor

-----purchase a "Flamingo floatie for $11. $10 contribution can be charged to your room. $1 cash USD to the Captain for supplying and getting the flamingos thru Customs.

-----be at the pool bar at 1PM on Friday the 7th for trial runs; instructions and much needed liquid encouragement for the "flamingo jockeys".

-----races start promptly at 2PM. or sometime that afternoon because; after all we are on Jamaica time.

-----we usually have 5-6 races with 10-12 flamingos per race.

-----win your heat and move on to the semis and the finals.

-----CN Mgmt has graciously supplied awesome gift baskets for 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners.

-----we arrive on the 3rd. Flamingo purchases will start Tue the 4th and will continue until the supply is gone.

-----purchase early as they do go very fast and I am bringing approx 60 to be sold.

-----past participants; PLEASE bring your flamingo. Your entrance fee--contribution is only $10 if you supply your own flamingo.

-----PLEASE EVERYONE! Join us for a good time---have fun--have a chance to win a gift basket; and MOST IMPORTANTLY of all ; HELP the Orphanage.

Thanks to all who have made the past Fundraisers a huge success!

We are looking forward to seeing all our "returning racers" and making many new friends as we make the 2017 Fundraiser a huge success.

Safe travels to all; we will see you on the 3rd.

The Captain and his 1st Mate.

Glad you two are back. You have been missed. Our race hardened flamingos are ready to float over the falls again. At some point all bring you and your 1st mate the "Pink Flamingo" drink I created in you honor. See you in a couple of weeks!

Thank you Jndp!

We are looking forward to seeing you again. And YES...we will surely welcome the "Pink Flamingo" drink.

We arrive on the 3rd. Captain's B'day on the 6th....Flamingo races on the 7th...depart the 14th...

Safe travels...see you in a few weeks!

The Captain

Please, Please, Please post pictures. We won't be there until August, so we will miss the races, but would love to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie9093 View Post
    Please, Please, Please post pictures. We won't be there until August, so we will miss the races, but would love to contribute.
    Hi Blondie9093---sorry you will miss the "races"! It is AWESOME that you would like to contribute. Every year we have quite a few guests contribute who do not participate in the races.

While at the resort; ask for Kemar Kerr. He is the Sales Team leader at CN. Let him know that you would like to contribute and he will be able to assist you.

Thank you for your generosity!

We usually hold the races on the 4th to coincide with the July 4th activities but I am not arriving until the 3rd this year.
    This will be our 4th Fundraiser and I am hoping to top our 2014 amount of almost $800.

Best Regards;

The Captain

Headed back home in a week and our flamingos are race ready. Soon Come!

Name:  Race Ready.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  44.1 KB

Do people decorate their flamingos?

Jdnp--when do you arrive?hould be there around 1PM on the 3rd. If we miss you poolside we'll see you at the repeater's dinner that night.

Captain has just been advised that "Mom and Dad" flamingo will be at CN to supervise their "offspring' as they go over the waterfall.

What a great thing to do. I wish I was going to be there. I have seen pictures of past races and it seems like a super fun time benefiting a great cause. We will be at CN in October for our 5th visit and I will attempt to contact Kemar to make my contribution. Special kudos to the Captain and First mate for organizing and running this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@Debbie View Post
    What a great thing to do. I wish I was going to be there. I have seen pictures of past races and it seems like a super fun time benefiting a great cause. We will be at CN in October for our 5th visit and I will attempt to contact Kemar to make my contribution. Special kudos to the Captain and First mate for organizing and running this event.
    Thank you for the kind words. It is folks like you that makes it easy for us to give up a little fun time for this Fundraising effort!

Regards;

The Captain and 1st Mate--AKA John and Cheryl Ann

Default Hey Captain

Are you going to make the trip for 2018? My wife is the 2017 Flamingo Race Champion.

Hi Richie G

My husband was the second place winner in the Flamingo Race last year. Tell your wife- Get ready-He is ready for a rematch this year!! We will be there and so will the Captain and 1st mate. I am sure the Captain will get the races going again this year. See you in paradise!

Mariann and Jimmy

Sounds like a plan, Look forward to seeing you all there. We arrive on 6/30

Unfortunately, The Captain and first mate could not be here this July. They had to do their trip in May this year.