Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Default Lunch at SSB at CSS - hours?

    Does the small lunch buffet at SSB end at 3:00 p.m.? Are there snacks available at the SSB bar or would we need to go to Main beach Bella Vista to get a snack? Our flight arrives at 12:30p.m. so Iím sure we wonít be at the resort until approximately 3:30 - 4:00 p.m. I found the hours for the other meals/restaurants but not for SSB.

  2. #2

    Default

    There will be nothing at SSB after the lunch buffet...we either order room service or go to Bella Vista. You are getting there at a time when it's a bit tough to get a sit down meal, we usually opt for room service.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foreverbarefootSXM View Post
    Does the small lunch buffet at SSB end at 3:00 p.m.? Are there snacks available at the SSB bar or would we need to go to Main beach Bella Vista to get a snack? Our flight arrives at 12:30p.m. so Iím sure we wonít be at the resort until approximately 3:30 - 4:00 p.m. I found the hours for the other meals/restaurants but not for SSB.
    The ssb grill is open until 5:00ish - so they can make burgers and fries and a few other items anytime you want.

    They have a buffet available around 12:00 but that's usually gone by 1:00 or so.

    Hopefully it won't take you quite that long to get there - I would expect you to arrive closer to 3:00 depending on the day so hopefully you're not as rushed.

    There is about an hour or so around 5:30 where nothing is open (except room service)

  4. #4

    Default

    Thanks to those who replied regarding after 3 pm SSB food and Bella Vista availability.

  5. #5

    Default

    I honestly don't remember the SSB grill being open that late...I have to think this over (ask my wife)

  6. #6

    Default

    I posted this on Facebook and nobody recalls anything after about 3pm...there may be some snacks left out but I wouldn't count on a meal. I wouldn't worry too much, we have over 60 days at CSS and and I never recall being hungry

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    374
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    foreverbarefootSXM,

    The Buffet ends at 3pm at SSB, but food items such as Jerk chicken Patties, burgers etc are still available until 5pm
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

  8. #8

    Default

    Thanks again for the replies from both. I also see the Veggie Bar is open, so I may grab a snack their since our room will be up there somewhere. Want to hit SSB asap. Since Managerís party is on Mondayís I believe, we donít plan to eat much before that. Just need a snack to go with my drinks at SSB or I may never leave my lounge chair LOL. Though a few bites of a meat pie does sound good if some are around. We had them before in Jamaica. Canít wait !

  9. #9

    Default

    There's also a popcorn machine at Bella Vista - grab a bag on your way to SSB

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAndKristin View Post
    There's also a popcorn machine at Bella Vista - grab a bag on your way to SSB
    Sounds great, thanks

  11. #11

    Default

    Someone said that you will get to CSS at 3:00 with an arrival time of 12:30, no way.

    It takes 1/2 hour to deplane and walk to immigration, then you have to get through immigration, baggage claim, customs and then go to the lounge and wait 15-20 minutes and then a 2 hour drive to Ocho. So, you are correct about 3:30 or 4:00, maybe even a bit later if you travel on weekends but order room service as soon as you get your room# or we usually just get a burger to hold us over for later dinner on our first evening there.

  12. #12

    Default

    You definitely can get there in (about) 2 & 1/2 hours after arrival, but everything has to go perfect and as I stated - "hopefully" that will be the case and they will get there closer to 3:00 but you're right - likely it will be closer to 4:00 on an average day.

    On a weekday, If everything goes right you can be in the lounge in 30 minutes or so - assuming you (or your luggage) aren't the last off the plane and you filled out all your forms correctly ahead of time.

    I've never waited more than 10 minutes for the Couples Shuttle and several times I didn't even have time to pee before the shuttle was ready.

    Then it's not quite a 2 hour drive from Ocho Rios - IF - your driver doesn't stop too many times and people don't dilly dally too long. (and you don't hit rush hour traffic)

    The best we've done is our flight arrived at 11:00 and we were checked in and sitting on SSB well before 2:00 - on that trip, we were first in line for immigration, somehow our luggage was waiting for us (never happens!) and the shuttle was ready before I could even change into shorts.

    So a bit of hopeful thinking on my part...
    Last edited by MichaelAndKristin; May 21st, 2018 at 06:05 PM.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drbcwp View Post
    Someone said that you will get to CSS at 3:00 with an arrival time of 12:30, no way.

    It takes 1/2 hour to deplane and walk to immigration, then you have to get through immigration, baggage claim, customs and then go to the lounge and wait 15-20 minutes and then a 2 hour drive to Ocho. So, you are correct about 3:30 or 4:00, maybe even a bit later if you travel on weekends but order room service as soon as you get your room# or we usually just get a burger to hold us over for later dinner on our first evening there.
    Yep, thatís what I was thinking. Been through it before, just not to Couples...just will be glad to vacation.
    We donít need much, veggie bar snack or Beach Grill item will be fine or I will make sure we have a snack before arriving at airport.
    Thanks for posting.

  14. #14

    Default

    It is funny that when leaving they ask you to be at the front desk 4 hours before your flight, they only take 1 minute to check you out, no wait to get on the bus and the 2 hour drive over only takes a little over an hour on the return. We travel during the week in the off season and the airport is empty so we have almost 3 hours to sit in the airport. Luckily, the airport is comfortable now and there is plenty to do.

    When we first started going to Jamaica before they "fixed" the roads we went to Mobay resorts for several years and then discovered Negril. Our first trip to Negril was a nightmare with pouring rain, it must have taken 4 hours. The van windows leaked and every time we passed another car they splashed water through the window and the van had no springs and a lot of the trip seemed to be off road and the potholes were legendary. So, we started taking the Cessna with TimAir which was only a 15 minute flight. But they finally fixed the roads and the trip was almost as fast as the Cessna.

    I have zero patience so now I get in vacation mode at our originating airport instead of waiting to get to the resort and that seems to help.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drbcwp View Post
    It is funny that when leaving they ask you to be at the front desk 4 hours before your flight, they only take 1 minute to check you out, no wait to get on the bus and the 2 hour drive over only takes a little over an hour on the return. We travel during the week in the off season and the airport is empty so we have almost 3 hours to sit in the airport. Luckily, the airport is comfortable now and there is plenty to do.

    When we first started going to Jamaica before they "fixed" the roads we went to Mobay resorts for several years and then discovered Negril. Our first trip to Negril was a nightmare with pouring rain, it must have taken 4 hours. The van windows leaked and every time we passed another car they splashed water through the window and the van had no springs and a lot of the trip seemed to be off road and the potholes were legendary. So, we started taking the Cessna with TimAir which was only a 15 minute flight. But they finally fixed the roads and the trip was almost as fast as the Cessna.

    I have zero patience so now I get in vacation mode at our originating airport instead of waiting to get to the resort and that seems to help.
    I remember those roads - they were a bit scary at times and I remember thinking what the heck did we just get into... But it was an amazing trip.

    Funny because I've started getting into vacation mode well before the resort too. I try to start the minute I get off work the last day and its helped me too - before it seemed like everything - including the bus ride was in the way of me starting vacation so I could get annoyed at times.

    I also get a new book to start the day of the trip and that helps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •