Thread: Priceless

Default Priceless

Less than 60 days to go. Here we are in our 23rd year and those oh so very familiar sensations are just beginning to stir. Nothing really big just yet, just some silent rumblings running through my mind. Images so crystal clear I can almost feel the warm ocean waters gently coming ashore and silently retreating at a very special cove I've been too.

There is one thing that I have noticed about our last few trips. There was still all the excitement and anticipation, we aren't bored or tired of the whole routine, but we didn't bring the bags down a month before the trip, we weren't really jumping up and down anymore, we were just two people who were going back to a place of such comfort and congeniality. A place where we can spend time with some old friends and probably make some new friends too. A place that feels like home. There is simply nothing like it.

And the views. Wherever you stroll around the grounds there is beauty everywhere. Tall statuesque palm trees, lush tropical vegetation, variegated greens and beautiful flowers.

From our room, we look out at that tiny island that has played such a huge roll in our lives. And all around that magic spot is nothing but ocean. For as far as one can see all the way to the horizon. It's breathtaking. To have the images in my mind brings some comfort, but being there, taking it all again truly defies description.

One thing that hasn't changed from the very first trip, the waiting. And even though I have aged 23 years since that infamous first time, my patience has not improved. I just don't pout as much anymore. And I don't stomp my foot and yell, "I WANT TO GO NOW!!!" Airport security didn't like that.

I guess I could call this approach, low keyed. We certainly know the routine and just go along with the flow. So for time being, I will continue to maintain a much more adult way of conducting myself. Although I'm not quite sure what that is.

I have to say, it's really nice to get those old familiar feelings. It means we will be off on another very enjoyable adventure very soon. This high will carry me thru the next two months. It makes us feel like kids again. You can't put a price on that.

It's good to see you are finally maturing Ritchie.

jimpat1 I wouldn't go that far just yet. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crabracer View Post
    Less than 60 days to go. Here we are in our 23rd year and those oh so very familiar sensations are just beginning to stir. Nothing really big just yet, just some silent rumblings running through my mind. Images so crystal clear I can almost feel the warm ocean waters gently coming ashore and silently retreating at a very special cove I've been too.

There is one thing that I have noticed about our last few trips. There was still all the excitement and anticipation, we aren't bored or tired of the whole routine, but we didn't bring the bags down a month before the trip, we weren't really jumping up and down anymore, we were just two people who were going back to a place of such comfort and congeniality. A place where we can spend time with some old friends and probably make some new friends too. A place that feels like home. There is simply nothing like it.

And the views. Wherever you stroll around the grounds there is beauty everywhere. Tall statuesque palm trees, lush tropical vegetation, variegated greens and beautiful flowers.

From our room, we look out at that tiny island that has played such a huge roll in our lives. And all around that magic spot is nothing but ocean. For as far as one can see all the way to the horizon. It's breathtaking. To have the images in my mind brings some comfort, but being there, taking it all again truly defies description.

One thing that hasn't changed from the very first trip, the waiting. And even though I have aged 23 years since that infamous first time, my patience has not improved. I just don't pout as much anymore. And I don't stomp my foot and yell, "I WANT TO GO NOW!!!" Airport security didn't like that.

I guess I could call this approach, low keyed. We certainly know the routine and just go along with the flow. So for time being, I will continue to maintain a much more adult way of conducting myself. Although I'm not quite sure what that is.

I have to say, it's really nice to get those old familiar feelings. It means we will be off on another very enjoyable adventure very soon. This high will carry me thru the next two months. It makes us feel like kids again. You can't put a price on that.

DITTO...........But my countdown is 363 Days.

We're at 24 days (JackTOC, we started at 415 days so I feel your pain!) Heading to CN for the first time, but 3rd to Couples. I too am getting that old familiar feeling and am comforted (though my feelings are way newer than yours Crabracer!) Coming from the COLD and very LONG WISCONSIN winter, we cherish our days of warm sun and breezy nights listening to those sweet tree frog sounds as we're lulled to sleep. Safe Travels to you (all). One Love.

Miss Bliss Our winter was cold but not as cold as Wisconsin. But cold enough so that I am ready to get out of here too. I hope you can continue coming home for a long time. Enjoy.

Hey crabracer! Was good to finally meet you back in November at CTI...

Michael & Kristin In spite of the weather, we had a great time. Hope to see you back there soon

Richie