Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Club Mobay

Quote Originally Posted by roger11122 View Post
    Why is the arrival service no longer offered? When we booked our vacation only the departure service was offered. We used this on our last couples vacation and was very pleased.
    Arrival service is still offered through the Club Mobay site. CSS only offers the departure service onsite.
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog504 View Post
    Just trying to decide if it worth it???? I could see how when you are leaving it would be but when you are getting there arent you really paying to get through security quicker??? Not saying that isnt worth it.
    You can purchase Club MoBay vouchers right at the resort. We rarely get it on departure, but this year were notified the morning of our departure our flight was delayed for almost 3 hours, so I picked some up before we left the resort.

I've been back n forth on using Club Mobay or not (even tho we're still 250 days out), but after seeing your video- IT'S A NO BRAINER! My only question would be, is that crowd a "typical" arrival day? We arrive on a Sunday.... Thanks again.

Default Didn’t use club mobay

We arrived on a Monday around noon. Got through immigration and customs in about 15 minutes with no problems. Went to Couples lounge and in 5 minutes an announcement was made that shuttle would be loading within 10 minutes and we were on our way. When departing, we didn’t use Club Mobay either and I only bought water as that was all I needed after eating so much at CSS last week. (Had breakfast at CSS before the 8:30 bus) Lines at TSA moved quickly, no problem. Only time consuming wait with lines was back in USA, however still not too bad this trip.

I'm booking club Mobay thru Expedia for arrival & departure, but the itinerary is only showing the arrival date? Will I get a departure voucher once we arrive, does anyone know? I called Expedia customer service, but "Andy" from India couldn't really help.

Default Club Mobay connects via email.

When we’ve used Club Mobay they’ve emailed us with confirmation and asking all of our flight details. We only stared getting a voucher when Couples stared covering the departure as part of Romance Rewards.

Only 17 days until we hit the CSA beach!

Quote Originally Posted by nashcouple View Post
    I've been back n forth on using Club Mobay or not (even tho we're still 250 days out), but after seeing your video- IT'S A NO BRAINER! My only question would be, is that crowd a "typical" arrival day? We arrive on a Sunday.... Thanks again.
    Too many variables to know the size of the crowd. But maybe I can help. I actually track daily arrivals at Sangster International Airport. Something to do while waiting for our next trip. For most years I have 3 years of data. I only count total flights per day. My data comes from the Sangster International Airport website, Arrivals page.

It depends upon the month. January, February, March, July, and December are the busiest months with between 300 to 330 flights per week. September and October are the least busy with about 200 flights per week.

It depends upon the day of the week. Saturday is the busiest day, overall average of 55 flights per day. Tuesday and Thursday are the least busy days with about 33 flights per day. The other days have about 40 flights per day, give or take a few. For your trip, mid February, on a Sunday, they average 48 flights per day.

It depends upon the time of day. Early to mid afternoon tends to be the busiest time.

My unofficial threshold for considering Club MOBAY is about 40 flights per day with more than about 6 flights arriving within about 35 minutes before our scheduled arrival time. My logic. The typical aircraft that lands at this airport averages about 180 to 200 passengers. 180 X 6 = 1080 people. Even if the lines are moving well, when processing 1080 or more people can cause the lines to back up. More flights ahead of you can mean longer lines.

Before Club MOBAY we have stood in these lines for over 2 1/2 hours. An eternity knowing what is waiting for us on the other side. Think of this as insurance. It is better to have Club MOBAY and not need it than to need Club MOBAY and not have it. Especially while thinking that you and your significant other are waiting in this line because you were to cheap to spring for the VIP service.

Enjoy your stay in paradise no matter what you decide.
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2022?

Thanks mad jack- that is some solid info. Further solidifies we need Club Mobay- we arrive midday on Sunday. I'd rather say "Hell, we didn't need this", than Sh*t look at all the effing people!"

Hey MadJack -- great analysis, thanks for sharing. Question for you, do you look at your seating on the plane when considering this? If near the front of the plane, you know you are in front 120-150 of the people. Perhaps it is too granular and the total number of flights in the time periods you mention are really the only metrics that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloFromMo View Post
    Hey MadJack -- great analysis, thanks for sharing. Question for you, do you look at your seating on the plane when considering this? If near the front of the plane, you know you are in front 120-150 of the people. Perhaps it is too granular and the total number of flights in the time periods you mention are really the only metrics that matter.
    I pay to be at the front of the plane for this reason (and for other benefits like a few extra inches and dedicated storage)

We always fly in on Tuesday or Wednesday (the least busiest days) and have literally walked straight up to an immigration counter with no wait.

Club Mobay is worth every penny for the service you get - however - there are days where it won't save you a lot of time but the experience and personal service is worth the price either way.

The one thing everyone is forgetting though is baggage claim - we have spent up to 45 minutes in the past waiting for our luggage to be removed from the plane - by that time everyone had made it through immigration so being at the front, or having club mobay didn't help on that flight.

Fortunately that has not been an issue the last two years and last year our luggage was the first off the plane and was waiting for us.

If you're on a tight budget I'd first spend my money on extra nights, massages and room upgrade ( ocean vs garden view) before I spent money on club mobay.

If your trip is short and you're sure you are arriving at a busy time, club mobay becomes much more valuable.

If your flight is long (we fly from Atlanta so our flight is very short) - then the personal service can be nice when you're tired.

I figure, I'm paying $8,000 for a vacation, what's another $100 for the arrival service. Then, our vacation starts as soon as we get off the plane. I don't even care if the airport is busy. But, if it is I'm covered. And, I don't have to worry about it.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

We almost always fly during the week to Mobay and usually in May, October or November and the airport is empty. We used to go in late January and it was a zoo.

The longest lines for departure were always the lines to check in at the airlines so club Mobay does not help there unless you only take a carry on. If you arrive on a weekend in the high season (late Dec-early March) then you are going to have a line at immigration. It has gotten much better since they expanded the airport several years ago because automation has helped and many more booths. After immigration you have to get your bags and that can take a while and then go through customs and then go to the Couples Lounge.

For the price of 2 tickets for Club arrival and departure you can almost get another night in paradise if you have a good travel agent.

I'm booking club Mobay thru Expedia for arrival & departure, but the itinerary is only showing the arrival date? Will I get a departure voucher once we arrive, does anyone know? I called Expedia customer service, but "Andy" from India couldn't really help.
    They give you the departure service tickets while walking you to Immigration. I don't think they have a date on them, but I can't remember for sure. If you realize after you get there that you only booked the arrival service (arrival only should be $100 per couple; both are 160) you can buy departure service at the resort.

I'm really glad we got Mobay arrival service this year. Thought it would be another wasted purchase with no wait in immigration since we were flying in on a Monday thinking it would not be a busy day or time. Boy was I wrong! Immigration lines backed up before even turning the corner coming down the ramp- I was really happy and thankful we did get when I was seriously contemplating bypassing it this year and saving a little money but the "Mrs" got the better of me and I asked her a couple days before leaving...." so am I getting MoBay or not?" and she said "get it....it makes me feel special!" boy was she right!

It was funny too seeing a lady and her entitled family on same flight we were on... you know one of those type of people who display the attitude of "I come first and the rest of you pee-ons are behind me". She was there trying to jump into the fast track Mobay immigration seeing how long the regular immigration lines were & thought she could sneak there way in saying..."Oh my husband bought the service -blah blah blah" after the Mobay Rep telling her, if you purchased the Service, one of us would have greeted you as you deplaned when the clearly that didn't happen. After we got through the immigration counter, I looked back at immigration lines to see that same hoity toity madam now in the long regular immigration line. My wife and I smiled and our vacations began-LOL.

We were so happy we had Club Mobay for departure. We left on July 7th; got to the airport around 11:45 am. We've never seen anything like it. It was mass confusion. We could hardly get into the building and we couldn't locate where any lines started. Once we got our bags checked, the line for security was unbelievable. But we walked right by it and thru the fast track. If not, I don't know if we would have made our flight. It was very stressful.

Just my opinion as first timers to Jamaica last year......arrived on a Saturday in April around 2:30 PM...lines at immigration were very long....but besides that even, for us, having never been to Jamaica, it was nice having someone "lead the way" for us....not having to worry about "where do we go for this or that or our luggage pick up".... It was nice just having to follow our Club Mobay representative!

We run into something similar as we book everything through a travel agent and the broker she uses books arrival and departure separately as opposed to a package. What we have done in the past is contact Club Mobay directly through their website and request a confirmation number for arrival and departure which we print and take with us. We don't get our voucher for departure from the Rep when we arrive so we go to the Club Mobay desk after we check in for the flight home, give them our confirmation number and get our voucher then.

We are flying in on a Saturday afternoon in October and we are using Mobay. Last year the lines were nasty and we walked right by everyone to the front. But, that was in February during peak season. You never know. I would always get it when arriving on a Saturday afternoon. Another good tip is to try to sit as close to the front of the plane as possible. 1st off, 1st in line. CSA soon come.

Life is good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2