Default Expired Romance Points

My wife and I were frequent guests at Couples Negril for many years and went there twice a year. We have not been able to go back to Couples for the last Couple years but were able to book again for Aug 26th thru Sept. 2nd this year. So I logged into my Romance Rewards and noticed that my points expired Dec. 2016. How disappointed we were to see that our points expired!! Why would these points expire didn't we earn them for frequenting your resort twice a year and now we want to return and they are expired? I wish this wasn't the case and wondered if it is possible to get these points back? I'm hoping someone can answer this for us.

Thanks,
    Mark Graf

Its a bummer but they expire after 4 years. Have to keep going back

yep...same thing happened to us! booooo

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011
    CTI 2017 [50th birthday & 23rd anniversary], 2019 [25th anniversary]

Us too

CN 2009
    CN 2012
    CTI 2014

Happily booked to come home to CN sept 21st Showing only 7 nights stayed “young love”. Anything but lol. Celebrating 17 years married during this stay.

I just checked my Romance Rewards page. Confused??? Under the terms and conditions it says these points expire after 4 years.

We stayed for 10 nights at Tower Isle in February 2014, 3 years ago

We stayed 10 nights at Swept Away in February 2016

Our page says we only have 10 points. Shouldn't we have 20 points? Confused????
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2023?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Jack View Post
    I just checked my Romance Rewards page. Confused??? Under the terms and conditions it says these points expire after 4 years.

We stayed for 10 nights at Tower Isle in February 2014, 3 years ago

We stayed 10 nights at Swept Away in February 2016

Our page says we only have 10 points. Shouldn't we have 20 points? Confused????
    Update. I contacted the Couples via a Chat session on the Romance Rewards page. I wasn't able to chat directly because it took too long for someone on the other end to respond. However, I was able to leave a detailed message. It took a few days but they were able to verify our information and made things right.

Thanks to Sammi from Couples
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2023?

I also chatted today regarding expired romance rewards.... I have been coming to swept away for over 10 years, every year for one week each year and thought i was finally reaching the endless love level but was told that my rewards expire after 4 years. I can see if i missed a year or two that they would expire, but as i said i never missed one year. I find this so unacceptable that these points would expire. I am not the only one that is upset about this, as i come with another couple and not to mention we have brought over 20 more people in the last 10 years and i am sure they wont be happy about expired rewards either! I really feel that you should change this policy as it is extremely unfair!

Quote Originally Posted by ToniN View Post
    I also chatted today regarding expired romance rewards.... I have been coming to swept away for over 10 years, every year for one week each year and thought i was finally reaching the endless love level but was told that my rewards expire after 4 years. I can see if i missed a year or two that they would expire, but as i said i never missed one year. I find this so unacceptable that these points would expire. I am not the only one that is upset about this, as i come with another couple and not to mention we have brought over 20 more people in the last 10 years and i am sure they wont be happy about expired rewards either! I really feel that you should change this policy as it is extremely unfair!
    I really don't understand the need to achieve Endless Love - the only difference is the MoBay lounge pass and a bottle opener (2017 signature gift). If the points didn't expire we would be well over 300 nights and are currently over 100 nights for the past four years. So, if they didn't expire, Couples would simply increase the # of nights in order to achieve the highest category, and you would still be in the same position. We are thankful and grateful for the Romance rewards program, and would love to see another level added.

Ok, so please help me understand. If we were to go to a Couples resort once a year for a week (7 nights), and at the same time each year, would the possible maximum point accrual be 28 points at any given time? So, after the 5th year, you would still only have 28 points because the first year's points 'rolled-off'? If so, then the only way to accrue more than 28 points would be either more frequent visits, or longer annual stays?

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun02 View Post
    Ok, so please help me understand. If we were to go to a Couples resort once a year for a week (7 nights), and at the same time each year, would the possible maximum point accrual be 28 points at any given time? So, after the 5th year, you would still only have 28 points because the first year's points 'rolled-off'? If so, then the only way to accrue more than 28 points would be either more frequent visits, or longer annual stays?
    Yes, you are correct. There are many couples, like ourselves, who are at Couples for 3 or more weeks during the year, or who have multiple visits, and easily reach the 50 night requirement during the previous 4 years.