Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Question for repeat visitors?

We have been to CSA six of the last seven years and the quality seems to slip a bit each year. The food offerings seem to be more spare and the service at the restaurants is more slap dash. This time around I found Lemon Tree restaurant to be especially awful. Same old tired menu. I was wondering if this is your impression as well. I still enjoy myself each visit but am a bit disappointed each time. Thanks

If you are going to criticize, at least get the restaurant name right!

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    It's just Ron the complainer. Just ignore him.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

OK its Lemon Grass. That does not change the fact that Couples has been using the same tired menu for years. Also, it does not change the fact that the food served is pretty awful. I suspect that Couples would want honest criticism rather than blind devotion. My intent was not criticism for criticism sake but an honest dialog to help insure that Couples remains top notch. Other opinions are sort to see if others have the same opinion as mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post

We've been going to CN the last 10 years and the food and service is still as fantastic as it was on our first visit. The only difference I have seen is more people tipping the last couple visits.

lol

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011
    CTI 2017 [50th birthday & 23rd anniversary], 2019 [25th anniversary]

We have been at CTI for 5 years and Negril for 2.

Only once have i not been happy with the service at a restaurant. That was in Negril.

But one of the things we have noticed is that the staff at CTI far excels that in CN.

On our last visit numerous repeat guests mentioned that Couples' standards, while better than most, had slipped a bit over time. I obviously agreed. I guess the most slippage I encountered was the service in the restaurants. The service often felt slap dash. It was if no one was managing the staff. However, i also felt that at least at CSA there was a shortage of waiters to do the job properly.

In 6 trips to CSA and 1 to css, I've never had a bad meal, period.

Never had a bad meal either.

Typical knee jerk response.

Quote Originally Posted by ron3637 View Post
    Typical knee jerk response.

Typical jerk response ! If you ask a question, be open to contrary opinions. I assume you are the same ron that shows up approx. every 18 to 24 months with this odd negative diatribe regarding how unhappy you are with the Couples product- Here's a couple suggestions ace:
    1) go somewhere else- plenty of places to visit
    2) get a puppy- you seem pretty unhappy.

Only superficial responses here which do not address the specific issues I have raised. Every business can use thoughtful criticism to improve their product including Couples. They don't need cheer leaders. Take a look at the comments on Trip Advisor.
    Last edited by ron3637; January 20th, 2018 at 02:06 PM.

No real opinions have been expressed only cheerleding empty responses. Thanks for your thoughtful response. Attacking the person instead of the issues they raise has a long tradition and shows a lack of intellectual honesty

Quote Originally Posted by Mike&Sylvia View Post
    Typical jerk response ! If you ask a question, be open to contrary opinions. I assume you are the same ron that shows up approx. every 18 to 24 months with this odd negative diatribe regarding how unhappy you are with the Couples product- Here's a couple suggestions ace:
    1) go somewhere else- plenty of places to visit
    2) get a puppy- you seem pretty unhappy.
    Mike & Sylivia
    There is no need for this harsh response to Ron. He just asked for repeaters opinion, and he shared his latest issues that he noticed during his stay at CSA. I'm a 15 x repeater and I too noticed that Couples changed (for worse) a lot. The changes are not drastic and they not going to stop me to go to CSA. I made many friends there that I cherish and looking forward to see them every year. Changes are done by top management and workers (nice Jamaican people) are not in fault in any way. Constructive criticism is good for business and this is what Ron is trying to do and I'm sure hes not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post

It's just Ron the complainer. Just ignore him.
    Wally do you know Ron personally? how do you know he's a complainer.

Couples resorts has thousands of repeat guests and that's what I look at. That's why I'm a 7 time repeater. For the most part we've had excellent vacations. Have they been perfect? No but pretty close. I've been going since 2004 and have had consistently good food. You're obviously one of those impossible to please people who will never be happy anywhere. No place is perfect but if you hate the place so much, why do you go there?

No I am pretty easy to please. Just not a cheer leader. Check out trip advisor for Couples. Things can always be better don't you think?

Thank you. I am not a complainer just not numb to possible improvments.

I am a repeat guest at Couples because i think it's a good hotel. Could t be better yes. That is why i am posting to make it better. In my opinion, there are areas where it could improve --service in restaurants and food offerings especially in the Palm and Lemon restaurants.

I am a cheerleader as I have experienced a lot of awesomeness. Perfection no but pretty close 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinch View Post
    Wally do you know Ron personally? how do you know he's a complainer.

No, I don't know him. He's been complaining on the message board for years.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

I think you are confusing "complaining" which implies unwarranted criticism with seeking a reasoned opinion on how to make things better. Two different concepts.

Ok someone needs to kill this thread

There you go again complaining. I could not resist!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast