Thread: CN v. CTI

Default CN v. CTI

Hello!

I've been trying to determine which couples resort to visit, I'm a little torn since CTI has been renovated and now offers unlimited spa services. Also, the free seventh night is incredibly attractive. Recommendations are very much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Ashley

It's all about the beach for us. CSA and CN have the best beaches and sunsets. All of the resorts have about the same quality of food. We do think that the Eight Rivers restaurant at CTI is the best out of all four of the Couples resorts. It really depends on what you are looking for. Each resort has its own character.

Life is good

our first stay at cti was 8/17 for our 23rd anniversary and my 50th b-day! we had stayed previously at the other couples resorts. so, i wanted to try something new. loved it! i like the privacy. hubby is super big on not being bothered. we loved visiting the island, too! we had a great view in our room and enjoyed the grounds and just doing our thing. hoping to go back for our 25th anniversary next year! best bang for our buck and with coloradojuli giving a heads up about flying southwest, it was even better!

best of luck whatever you decide!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011
    CTI 2017 [50th birthday & 23rd anniversary], 2019 [25th anniversary]

Hello Ashley:

That is the biggest predicament you'll find here on the message board...choosing which Couples Resort to visit. The good news is that there is not a bad one!! Each one has its own "personality" and feel so none of them is exactly alike. It takes doing a little homework to find the one that's right for you. Here's a link to our Flickr account if you want to check out pictures of all 4 Couples Resorts to help make your choice: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimson/albums.

The part of CTI that was recently renovated was the Oasis Spa Villas...which are in the garden area of CTI. The entire resort was last renovated in 2008-2009 with the new Villas being added recently.

CTI is a nice, low-budget resort (least expensive to stay at of all the Couples Resorts) with great staff and dining. The beach is not the best of all of them (faces north) but sure beats what we don't have at home!! Of course there is the added attraction of the excursions (Dunn's River Falls and the Catamaran Cruise) along with the Island, for those looking for an all over tan, along with the price that helps to make CTI appealing. We have gone there more than once and have really enjoyed it. The people are the real "treasure" that you'll find as you get to know them.

Best wishes on finding your perfect Couples Resort!!

Bart & Bug

Hi Ashley,

My husband and I have been to CTI three times. However, we thought we'd try out CN two years ago and haven't looked back. CN is so beautiful and quaint. I think the biggest sell for us is the beach. Its gorgeous soft sand and slight breeze. . .it's perfect! The trade winds are actually a lot calmer there which is huge. CTI is beautiful too, but for me, CN gets my vote!! Don't worry though. Wherever you end up, you'll absolutely love! Each resort takes on a life of it's own!!!

Ed and Pam