Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Message Board

I love the message board also, there are people on here that aren't on the facebook sites, I would also love to see the contest come back.

Love Randymon!!
    Peace,
    BostonWalt

Have always been a fan of the Message board but like TV(cable,Dish,etc...) people have choices.....I will stick with Message Board.
    Peace,
    BostonWalt

If not for the message board, I would hardly ever run into Bostonwalt. (someday, my friend, we will have another Red Stripe together )

Ah yes those were the days.
    Kevin & Sylvie
    COR 2003, 2005, 2013, 2014, 2015
    CSA 2005, 2013, 2014, 2015
    CSS 2007
    CN 2003

Thanks everyone for the comments.

There have been over 1,500 views of this post most saying that the message board still has a place.

I have to admit I think my original post was wrong as I assumed most people these days accesssed Facebook and the points made are good ones.

So the message board has advantages:
    Itís there for those who donít use or like Facebook
    It groups topics rather than have them randomly on a timeline
    Itís without advertising
    Comments tend to be more serious rather than just pictures or countdowns

So Iímconvinced by your posts that my original suggestion that the message board is dead was wrong.

Itís not the same as it was but a revamp (and relaunch of photo contest)could bring it back into life.

So Couples how about use some more modern software for the message board? ( and bring back the photo contest which would atttract people to the board)?
    Kevin & Sylvie
    COR 2003, 2005, 2013, 2014, 2015
    CSA 2005, 2013, 2014, 2015
    CSS 2007
    CN 2003

No question about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    If not for the message board, I would hardly ever run into Bostonwalt. (someday, my friend, we will have another Red Stripe together )
    Peace,
    BostonWalt

Quote Originally Posted by kevin&sylvie View Post
    Thanks everyone for the comments.

There have been over 1,500 views of this post most saying that the message board still has a place.

I have to admit I think my original post was wrong as I assumed most people these days accesssed Facebook and the points made are good ones.

So the message board has advantages:
    Itís there for those who donít use or like Facebook
    It groups topics rather than have them randomly on a timeline
    Itís without advertising
    Comments tend to be more serious rather than just pictures or countdowns

So Iímconvinced by your posts that my original suggestion that the message board is dead was wrong.

Itís not the same as it was but a revamp (and relaunch of photo contest)could bring it back into life.

So Couples how about use some more modern software for the message board? ( and bring back the photo contest which would atttract people to the board)?
    Well said. Thank you

Yes! My husband and I aren't on FB, so this message board is our way of finding out all that's going on at our favorite place on earth!! With only 56 days to go until we're "home" again, you can bet we'll be glued to the message board for the latest!!! Love it!!

New modern software? It's there anything putt there better than V-Board? Asking for a friend...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2