Thread: Rooms at CN

Default Rooms at CN

Hey all! My husband and I are planning to head to CN next year. We have been to CTI and fell in love with Jamaica and the Couples family while there. We now want to try the other side of the island. Looking at rooms...what should we request? Someone told me that paying for an ocean view room isnít worth it because they donít exist. Is this true? We donít want a suite, but we would like something where we can at least see some ocean. Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

There are no "Ocean View" rooms at CN. Look at their web site and you will see there are three room categories (beside the suites). Deluxe Garden, Deluxe Ocean and Deluxe Beachfront. None of the rooms (or suites) face the ocean directly. Well, the Deluxe Ocean do along with some of the Deluxe Garden, but they are set way back and have a lot of gardens between the room and the ocean. You get a very small view of the ocean from the Deluxe Ocean rooms. Check the map. They are in buildings 7 & 8 only. The best ocean views are from the Deluxe Beachfront, although it is a side view you can only see from the balcony, not from the bed. All of the rooms (except for the suites) are exactly the same inside. They only differ by location. CN is small (243 rooms) and has a "downtown" where all of the action takes place (except for water sports and the spa), with the rooms on the two ends.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

As far as I know, there are no rooms with an ocean view. Some rooms on the upper floors have a partial view if you look sideways. We always get the Deluxe Garden room, and save the extra money for excursions. We are never in our room long enough to enjoy anything more than this.
    Duane & Mary

Quote Originally Posted by a63vetteowner View Post
    As far as I know, there are no rooms with an ocean view. Some rooms on the upper floors have a partial view if you look sideways. We always get the Deluxe Garden room, and save the extra money for excursions. We are never in our room long enough to enjoy anything more than this.
    Duane & Mary
    If we booked a deluxe garden room, and there any buildings that would should request to stay away from? Any of the rooms face Ďthe other resortí that may be a problem? I just donít want to be facing something that will be a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanhousewife View Post
    If we booked a deluxe garden room, and there any buildings that would should request to stay away from? Any of the rooms face Ďthe other resortí that may be a problem? I just donít want to be facing something that will be a nuisance.
    Gah...stupid autocorrect. Ha! What I meant was, if we booked a deluxe garden room, are there any bulildings you would request over others or are there any bulildings you would request to stay away from?

We've usually stayed in building 3 & 4 and have had no trouble with noise or the building next door. We've also been in building 1 & 8 but still no problems.

Duane & Mary

If you look at an overview of CN you will see the buildings are arranged in two horseshoes with all of the rooms facing the inner portion of the horseshoe. As people above have stated there are no rooms with real unobstructed views of just water. The Deluxe Gardens are in buildings 2, 3, 4 which, if you were standing in the water looking back at the resort, would be to your left. They are all about the same, viewwise. You may be able to see some of the "neighbor" from building 6 but not the Gardens.

We've stayed in all buildings except 4 and 5. All are great. I think anywhere on the resort is fabulous. I can't wait to get back there!
    Just a correction, there are also Deluxe Garden rooms in buildings 1, 7, 8 and 9, we've stayed in them.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

The third floor Beachfront Suite at the beach end of Building 9 looks from the outside (never stayed there) like it should have a good ocean view. The corresponding room on Building 6 may also. That is, however, probably it for good ocean views. The buildings are at about 80 degree angles to the beach and the ocean views just are not there.

I think 6 has the best ocean view. 9 has more trees in the way. They are used to screen the view into the AN beach.