Thread: August 2018

Default August 2018

My wife and I just booked our first return trip to CSS for August 13-1, 2018 as an early Christmas present to ourselves! We haven't been since our 10 year anniversary in 2012, unfortunately, so I have a few questions:

• Is there anything that's changed that we should be aware of?
    • Has anyone used the Club MoBay Departure Lounge? What should we expect there?
    • We know there is no tipping at the resort (we made sure to write down EVERY name of everyone who helped us on our last trip so that we could give them the credit they deserved during checkout!), but can anyone refresh me on about how much to tip for the airport transfer and such? I only ask because it will have been 6 years, and I want to make sure we take care of those who take care of us.

I'm sure that other questions will come up, but in the meantime, we are very happy to be headed back to CSS!

Jim and Kelly
    CSS 2012

Hi..we made our first trip to CSS this past July. We did not use Mobay on arrival and we had NO issues. We did however arrive early and I think we were one of the first 3 or 4 flights to arrive that Saturday morning and there was not many passengers in the airport. We breezed right through customs and waited in the club waiting area for maybe 15-20 mins. before we were called to board the van.

On our return trip we did opt to use Mobay based on what many of the friends we met at the resort suggested. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not that was a good deal. When we arrived at the airport, the guy took us in and showed us where to sign in and nothing worked, so we eventually had to stand in line like everyone else. It was very busy and this took forever!!!! Then we proceeded thru security which didn't really seem to help much either and even got searched for the longest time trying to find a very tiny size pair of scissors which my wife had in her carry on bag. I could not tell you HOW MANY times these have passed thru security over the years because they are approved and even had a protective cover over them. We asked what they were looking for so that we could help them find it but they wouldn't say anything. Needless to say, they finally found them and took them.

So...we are finally finished there and proceed to Club Mobay. We were kindly greeted and let into the club. They had a variety of foods but nothing was what I would call outstanding but enough to satisfy our hunger for a light lunch. Also the bar was pretty sufficient and quick to get your drink order made. If you have a long wait time for your flight, it is a good area to have to wait in VS the airport terminal. We were in there maybe 40 mins tops. So again...I'm still on the fence as to whether to not we would purchase this again. Definitely would not use it on arrival if you have an early flight in.

Tipping: As per the resort tipping policy and what we had read from most guest on here, we did not tip anyone on the resort except the ladies who gave us our massage. I don't recall seeing anyone giving tips either and we received great service the entire trip. We did tip the drivers $20 each for the transport to and from the airport.

Saw this on the pages for the other months and figured we would give it a go!

NAME: Erin and Brandon
    DATES OF TRAVEL: August 13-25
    TRIPS TO CSS: 2
    ROOM TYPE: B Block
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: SMASHville, TN
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: SSB, friends, peace and relaxation, good books, drinks, drinks and some drinks
    DRINK YOUR LOOKING FORWARD TO: Dirty Bananas!
    KIDS: 2... 17 and 8... wonder why we need a vacation?

Would love to hear from some other folks and get to know you before we head to paradise!

Default First time August 13th

We will be there the 13th of August. Looking forward to meeting new people.

Hi all. We will be there for the first time, August 13-20. Looking forward to having fun and relaxing. See you at css.
    J & n
    Last edited by shully13; April 3rd, 2018 at 07:03 AM.

my lovely wife and I will be making our 11th Couples trip overall and the 5th CSS trip to celebrate our 31st anniv. Will be there from 8/28 to 9/3, before whisking off to CSA for the backend of our split trip. Looking forward to meeting new people, and relaxing ! mike&sylvia

NAME: Marta & Les
    DATES OF TRAVEL: July 31- August 14
    TRIPS TO CSS: 3rd
    ROOM TYPE: 1 BR Ocean Suite
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Calgary, AB.
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: SSB, tennis & watersports,
    WILL YOU GO A/N: Every day
    DRINKS YOUR LOOKING FORWARD TO: JW 12, The Glenlivet 12, Grey Goose.
    KIDS: 1
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT: 10
    CN 2015
    CSS 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    CTI 2016 ( day pass), 2019
    2020 ?

My wife and I will be making our 2nd Couples trip August 1st to 8th. Looking forward to meeting new friends and good times on AN beach. See you soon!

Only a little more than three weeks until our vacation at CSS. Anyone else going to be there August 1 to 8th?

August 11 to the 18, can't wait for trip #3.