Default Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda and We Did!

We just got back from our first trip to CN after 3 visits to CSA. I wasn't going to push AN, and we even joked about it the weeks leading up to it. Finally, on day 8 of 9 in mid-afternoon she says "what the heck let's give it try". 2 hours later she was saying we should have moved over on day 1.

As soon as we got home we started planning the next trip. We have our pluses and minuses for both CSA and CN so we are thinking a split trip but CN first and then CSA. Now she's worried about the different tan lines she'll end up with. Go figure.

To all you newbies, wannabies or just curious. Do what everyone on this part of the MB says, not what we did. Do it early in your trip. You won't regret it.

Try CSS...I think you'll find it's the best AN experience Couples has to offer. Or so I've been told.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
    Try CSS...I think you'll find it's the best AN experience Couples has to offer. Or so I've been told.
    We have been to both A/N beaches at CN and CSS. We prefer CSS because of the facilities and the relative privacy.

Plantersman -- if the trip is long enough you might want to consider a split between CN and CSS. Completely different look and feel, but both great resorts.

Thanks on that split suggestion but I don't see us ever leaving 7 Mile Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Plantersman View Post
    Technically CN isn't on 7 mile.. after many trips to bloody bay we decided to venture off to ochi. Beach lover ? stay in negril, not even a comparison in CSS/CTI.

We have been home enough to have seen/experienced most of the off resort stuff and now are quite content "living" at the resort for our stay. Zip Line, Ride the horses, Golf, Ride the four wheelers, Plantation tours, Rum Tours, Climb a waterfall, dive/jump in clear water.... whatever floats your boat. find it, have fun, take pictures, look at them twice, dump the ones you don't like and show some friends.

Haven't taken a picture in Jamaica for probably 4-5 years... we go at least once a year. We have lifelong friends we've met in Jamaica and a couple we would like to think we helped make it out of there, Lovely place to visit, tough life to live.

Reespect. not a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Plantersman View Post
    Completely understand. The beach in Negril is definitely not replicated in Ocho Rios (or hardly anywhere else in the world).

Common misunderstanding.. but CN is absolutely on 7 Mile Beach! Bloody Bay + Long Bay equals the miles of "Seven Mile Beach". Not sure where people keep hearing this, but it's incorrect info.
    All the best!

Question as we will be new to CTI in a few weeks---once you go to the island, are you there all day or can you head back whenever you want? Thanks in advance! Can't wait!

Island is only about 100-150yds from short pier in front of resort. Shuttle boat runs continuously when island is open, if necessary. Have never stood on either pier waiting for the shuttle for more than 5 minutes.

Irie Mon!

It took us a few trips to realize this - but while Negril has an amazing beach - Ocho Rios is much more about the area surrounding the city/beach - the White River, Blue Hole, etc - it's an amazing place too with lots to do...

daniS - the boat runs all the time so it's easy to go back to shore to eat lunch/run to your room and come back... and a lot of people don't realize - you can climb the tower!