Default A few questions about CTI

Hello, we are considering a trip to CTI in April or May of 2018. Just a few questions:

1. If we arrive at the resort prior to check-in, can we leave our baggage at the front desk and start roaming the resort?

2. Does the island ever fill up to where there are no loungers left?

3. How many jacuzzis are there and do the pools/jacuzzis close at a certain time?

4. If the island would need to be closed (bad weather) are we able to go to CSS?

Thank you!

1. They will hold your luggage at the front desk while you are off exploring.
    2. I have not seen it, but there might not be any in the shade.
    3. 3 or 4 (but not positive); they close in the morning for cleaning.
    4. Trading places are typically set up days in advance and typically full, restricting a last minute inclusion.

I hope this helps...

1. Yes you'll absolutely be able to drop off your baggage and have free range of the resort even if you room is not ready, I am unable to confirm where the luggage is stored, but the staff here is very attentive so I would not worry about the safety of the baggage at all.

2. We went in August and the resort was at perhaps half capacity (one of the buildings appeared to be completely closed) we never had an issue finding a spot on the island, but if the resort was full I could see this very much being an issue. Having enough spots in the shade might be more an issue than the actual loungers as well. But the ferry across doesn't start running till 9am so you don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to secure a good spot either.

3. There were two jacuzzis by the main pool with the waterfall. They went under renos halfway through our trip in August, so I would certainly assume they'd be ready to go again very soon, if not already (and certainly by spring of next year!). The pools have no enforced hours other than the evening they setup the dinner buffet by the main pool and the island which closes down at 5pm. We had several after dinner dips that were quite lovely.

4. The island is wonderful, but the weather closing it down is unfortunately the risk you run. You can sign up for the romance rewards and take a trading spaces trip one of your days, but they don't shuttle guests to CSS based on weather. However, we were there in hurricane season and the island only closed twice due to weather over the course of two weeks.

We've been to CTI a couple of times. Our observations

On our very first trip to Couples our room wasn't ready. Yes, we were able to leave our luggage and roam the resort. We needed to check back with the front desk from time to time.

The island. Both times we went to CTI it was during peak tourist season, mid to late February. We were always able to find loungers on the island.

There are 4 pools. The main pool over near the main dining facility (Patois). On the opposite end of the beach just past the pier there is another pool with a swim up bar. There is a pool in the SPA. There is a pool on the island with a swim up bar. Not sure how many Jacuzzis. One near the main pool. I think there may be one on the island, but don't quote me on this. The pools are usually open 24/7 with a few exceptions. The pool with the swim up bar doesn't actually close but the bar will close at 6 PM. The main pool and Jacuzzi by the Patios restaurant will close during International night (Sunday)

They do not bus guests over to CSS when the island is closed because of bad weather or when there is a wedding scheduled on the island. The only time you can go to CSS is if you join the Romance Rewards program and utilize the Trading Places program. If you haven't been to CSS I recommend this. Trading Places is every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10 AM until 4 PM, one time per stay. Space is limited for the Trading Places program and you must sign up ahead of time. When the island is closed for any reason the following days they may extend the hours if possible.

Enjoy your stay in paradise

Only 113 days until we try CN for the first time.
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2022?

Hi jama84!

We've been to CTI a few times and will do our best to answer your questions:

Quote Originally Posted by jama84 View Post
    Hello, we are considering a trip to CTI in April or May of 2018. Just a few questions:

1. If we arrive at the resort prior to check-in, can we leave our baggage at the front desk and start roaming the resort?
    - Yes, they can put your bags in a secure location while you grab something to eat and roam the resort.
    - We've never experienced this...but suppose it could happen. If it did we'd just go back over and come back later.
    3. How many jacuzzis are there and do the pools/jacuzzis close at a certain time?
    - There are 2 jacuzzis near the main pool. We've noticed that they're closed for treatment after sunset.
    4. If the island would need to be closed (bad weather) are we able to go to CSS?
    - If you are a Romance Rewards member going to CSS is a Trading Places option. It is not an option to go to CSS if the Island at CTI is closed.
    Thank you!

Hopefully this helps to answer the questions you had in considering a trip there.

You're welcome!!

1. Sure thing. They will drop your bags at your room.

2. Occasionally...but usually not. On a nice, sunny day, empty loungers around the pool area can become a bit scarce in the afternoon.

3. I can think of maybe three or four jacuzzis. One or two near the "main" pool. And I think there are still a couple near the spa. The pools and jacuzzis never close.

4. Yes...IF it's a "trading places" day, where you sign up in advance. And even if it isn't a scheduled trading places day, you MIGHT be able to just ease on over to CSS. I'd inquire about it at the Guest Services desk.

IF the island is your main focus/reason for choosing CTI, then for all the reasons stated you might be a bit disappointed at times.

However, in my opinion, CTI has the best food and night life of all the resorts....

Some of our favorite days are when we stayed at CSS, but traded places to CTI - at 4:00 you drive back over to CSS/SSB so you can enjoy the sunset as well...

Yes -sometimes your room will be ready early too.
    It can, but not likely. Go early, go often.
    I think there are two by the main pool and two by the spa. I've never seen them closed except for maintenance.
    Not likely, though it has happened.

Thank you!
    Enjoy!

Thanks all! We just booked for April 30th- May 5th! We've been to CSS once before, just wanted to try something new this year, and we found the nightlight at CSS somewhat boring at times.

One more question- our departure flight leaves at 1:00p, what time will we be leaving the resort?

Thanks all! We just booked for April 30th- May 5th! We've been to CSS once before, just wanted to try something new this year, and we found the nightlight at CSS somewhat boring at times.

One more question- our departure flight leaves at 1:00p, what time will we be leaving the resort?
    around 9am

Hi jama84,

We're sure you'll enjoy CTI. It's not CSS...but then you wanted to try something new, right? That's the beauty of each Couples Resort...they all have their own unique feel that make them special while still having the same Couples experience.

With a 1 PM flight they're going to want to get you to the airport by 11 AM so will probably have you boarding the "sad bus" to the airport at about 9 AM.

Enjoy your stay!!

Bart & Bug