Default CSA or CN for 25th Anniversary-Newcomers to Couples-

My wife and I are celebrating our 25th Anniversary this November and have narrowed our trip to CSA or CN. While we have traveled a good amount over the years, this will be our first AI vacation and trip to Jamaica so we are looking to make it a as great, romantic, special, and fun time as possible.

We have done a ton of research on both resorts and have looked at a lot or reviews, pic, pricings, etc., and are looking for input from those who have stayed at either CSA or CN and even more so for those who have stayed at both (or visited both using the Rewards Program for day trips).

So we know that both resorts would be great but looking for input and answers on the following:

Both beaches I am sure are awesome but is one better over the other (water clarity, beach itself, traffic, etc)?

We are looking for one with a nicer pool/swim up as we want to do a few trips to the swim up bar but the pool is not overly essential if the beach is great and where we may spend majority of time.

Rooms- Nice, clean, somewhat convenient to the resort but doubtful we'll pay for an upgrade as we probably won't spend that much time in the room. Right now it would most likely be the Garden Veranda Suite at CSA or Deluxe Ocean at CN. Would you consider either of the rooms of these to be more secluded/romantic over the other.

Restaurants- Quite certain both resorts are excellent and similar but ideally looking for nice variety and some that cater to or offer seafood as we are both big seafood fans.

Activities- Both water activities and excursions appear to be the same so I am not sure if there is a big difference with this.

Nightlife/Activities- Probably not a huge factor as if we are having some drinks during the day in the sun and a few at night, we may be wiped out by 10 or 11 anyway.

Layout/Convenience of either resort- I know that CSA is a bit of a larger, more spread out resort with Villa style rooms so does anyone consider this a bit of an issue or like it as may be more secluded feel/vibe to it? Conversely, at CN everything is supposed to be centrally located around the pool which is probably very convenient but wonder if it can have a feel of being "too crowded" at times. I can see pros and cons of both layouts so very interested in this topic.

Does anyone know if the Rewards Program is offered for first time visitors to either resort as we would probably take a Day trio to whichever one we don't choose just to try it out during the day.

Any other tips, suggestions, input, etc., between CSA and CN is absolutely welcome and appreciated as we want to make our 25th a very memorable anniversary.

Thanks much and look forward to the input!!

You will get a variety of opinions on this as we all have a variety of things we like and don't like. We are 4 time visitors to CN. We did visit CSA on a trading places day, but never stayed there.

We usually stay in a deluxe ocean room. Our first visit was in a beachfront room but we decided to save the dollars and downgrade on the later visits. On our upcoming stay we will be trying the garden rooms and saving even more money. But since this is a 25th anniversary I would suggest you take a hard look at the oceanfront rooms.

Like you anticipate for yourself, we are not big on the nightlife aspect. We don't usually stay up that late.

The layout of CN is very good for us. We are always having to run back to the room to get something we forgot or something like that. At CN you are never that far away from your room or wherever else it is you want to be next. It has never seemed crowded to us.

The swim-up bar at CN is larger than at CSA. This is amplified by the fact that CSA is a larger resort with more guests. The pool bar at CN is the social hub of the resort in the afternoon. That is the place to be if you want to meet and socialize with other guests. Our days are typically on the beach in the morning, and at the pool bar in the afternoon.

Both beaches are lovely but we prefer the beach at CN. There seems to be more shade at CN and the smaller C-shaped cove is absolutely lovely, imo. There is less vendor traffic on the CN beach. Water clarity is great at both beaches.

I don't know enough about the CSA restaurants to compare. I am also a seafood lover and I think the restaurants at CN are great.

Wherever you choose, do the trading places day to visit the other resort. We did that as first time visitors. We have met couples who stayed at CN and visited CSA and said "That's where we belong". And we have met couples staying at CSA that visited CN and felt like that was the better resort for them. So take a day and get a look at the other resort. You may surprise yourself.

Congrats on choosing Couples! 6 times to csa and 1 to cn for a trading places day for us. We were married at csa and also renewed our vows so you can tell which one we prefer. Both are great resorts and looks like you've done your homework.
    Csa is on Long Bay(about 5 miles) and Cn is on Bloody Bay(2 miles) so more room to walk at csa and it is a busier beach. Some love that part (we do) and some don't. I've never not been able to relax or snooze on csa's beach even with vendors going by. The big reason we love csa is the big beach, room to spread out and easy access to shopping and bar hopping by foot. You can't do that at cn. I felt crowded at cn as the beach isn't as long but its deeper. I didn't want to walk down by the nude beach either.
    Its onlt about 5-7 minute walk from end to end at csa so not a big deal unless you wear heels like I did. I learned my lesson quickly.
    Csa has great seafood daily at all the restaurants from red snapper to sea bass, lobster in season, shrimp, lionfish and more choices for places to eat at csa.
    They both have piano bars I think and csa has a nightclub for dancing and music at the Palms too. I'm sure cn has entertainment too.
    Yes sign up for romance rewards and then you can take advantage of the trading places on your first trip. It took us 4 trips before we could break away from csa
    Imo, the only thing nicer at cn is the pool.
    We now only stay in the garden rooms for budget reasons and really they are only 2-3 minutes to the beach. No rooms are very far from the sand.
    If interested in some pics, email me at clemonssara40@gmail.com
    Either will be great but we think csa has it all.

You might consider reading the frequent reviews and overviews regularly posted on the board by recent visitors. All of your questions, and many you didn't consider, will be covered first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    Congrats on choosing Couples! 6 times to csa and 1 to cn for a trading places day for us. We were married at csa and also renewed our vows so you can tell which one we prefer. Both are great resorts and looks like you've done your homework.
    Csa is on Long Bay(about 5 miles) and Cn is on Bloody Bay(2 miles) so more room to walk at csa and it is a busier beach. Some love that part (we do) and some don't. I've never not been able to relax or snooze on csa's beach even with vendors going by. The big reason we love csa is the big beach, room to spread out and easy access to shopping and bar hopping by foot. You can't do that at cn. I felt crowded at cn as the beach isn't as long but its deeper. I didn't want to walk down by the nude beach either.
    Its onlt about 5-7 minute walk from end to end at csa so not a big deal unless you wear heels like I did. I learned my lesson quickly.
    Csa has great seafood daily at all the restaurants from red snapper to sea bass, lobster in season, shrimp, lionfish and more choices for places to eat at csa.
    They both have piano bars I think and csa has a nightclub for dancing and music at the Palms too. I'm sure cn has entertainment too.
    Yes sign up for romance rewards and then you can take advantage of the trading places on your first trip. It took us 4 trips before we could break away from csa
    Imo, the only thing nicer at cn is the pool.
    We now only stay in the garden rooms for budget reasons and really they are only 2-3 minutes to the beach. No rooms are very far from the sand.
    If interested in some pics, email me at clemonssara40@gmail.com
    Either will be great but we think csa has it all.

Hi Sara, I sent you an email. Thanks!!

My pleasure!!����

Our 2 cents - We first found Couples as we were looking for a place for our 25th Anniversary trip. We chose CSA and went back 2 other times we loved it so much. We just returned Sunday from our 30th Anniversary trip and we chose CN because we felt we had to give it a try and we wanted to decide if one was "better" than the other. You can't go wrong with either location. Our scorecard kind of looked like this:

Beach - basically equal. Fewer vendors at CN, a better view overall from CSA of the Caribbean Sea, more room to go for a stroll off-site at CSA.
    AN - It's an option at CN only, we tried it and actually liked it (we failed to follow the suggestions of the AN MB and waited till our last full day).
    Pool - CN by a landslide. Bigger, Friendlier, Centrally located.
    Food - Quality and variety equal but CSA wins slightly just because you have more options with more restaurants.
    Rooms - Equal. We don't have an issue that CSA is bigger and more spread out. We will never pay for the higher end rooms (rather put the $ to more days). Might have more rooms with some view of the Sea at CN but never in the room much during the day anyway.
    Entertainment - Difficult because the two are so different. At CSA most nightly entertainment takes place after the dinner hour (9pm and later) where CN has some Piano Bar area events starting 8pm or so while dinner still going on so you have to plan a little more closely at CN if you want to see Donovan (have to) or do some of the piano bar events.
    Water Sports - basically the same at either (we don't scuba so not sure).

Starting to save for the next trip. We know you lose a day but we may try split stay between the two CN first then CSA (of course we were saying that before we tried AN, the may be the deal sealer for CN).

Good luck.

Hi SalD,

Happy anniversary!! Well done!
    We have stayed at both CSA (2x) and CN (3x) so will do our best to answer your questions. The one thing we think you'll find is that they're both awesome resorts with their own character. That being said, here we go...
    Quote Originally Posted by SalD View Post
    My wife and I are celebrating our 25th Anniversary this November and have narrowed our trip to CSA or CN. While we have traveled a good amount over the years, this will be our first AI vacation and trip to Jamaica so we are looking to make it a as great, romantic, special, and fun time as possible.

We have done a ton of research on both resorts and have looked at a lot or reviews, pic, pricings, etc., and are looking for input from those who have stayed at either CSA or CN and even more so for those who have stayed at both (or visited both using the Rewards Program for day trips).

So we know that both resorts would be great but looking for input and answers on the following:

Both beaches I am sure are awesome but is one better over the other (water clarity, beach itself, traffic, etc)?
    - The beach at CSA is longer while the beach at CN is deeper. The water is smoother (less rough) and more clear at CN. CN has less beach traffic but those transiting have to stay below the water line (security does a great job making sure vendors don't annoy the guests).

We are looking for one with a nicer pool/swim up as we want to do a few trips to the swim up bar but the pool is not overly essential if the beach is great and where we may spend majority of time.
    - CN has the better pool set up (main pool is centrally located) while CSA has 2 pools...one at either end of the resort (swim-up bar is at the one by the beach grill).

Rooms- Nice, clean, somewhat convenient to the resort but doubtful we'll pay for an upgrade as we probably won't spend that much time in the room. Right now it would most likely be the Garden Veranda Suite at CSA or Deluxe Ocean at CN. Would you consider either of the rooms of these to be more secluded/romantic over the other.
    - Rooms at both CSA and CN are great. We haven't tried the Garden Veranda at CSA but have stayed in a Deluxe Ocean at CN each time. Secluded or romantic wouldn't be words we'd use to describe them but they are set back a little from the beach (Deluxe Ocean). We prefer buildings 8 or 9 as there's a pond in front of them that could hinge on the romantic side.

Restaurants- Quite certain both resorts are excellent and similar but ideally looking for nice variety and some that cater to or offer seafood as we are both big seafood fans.
    - Yes, both resorts have excellent food and seafood is offered at pretty much every meal. CSA has a few more options as they have more restaurants. Realize that in a 7 day stay you'll have a couple days where you'll be eating on the beach (weather permitting) so there's only a few more days to try the restaurants.

Activities- Both water activities and excursions appear to be the same so I am not sure if there is a big difference with this.
    - You are correct in that the water activities and excursions are the same.

Nightlife/Activities- Probably not a huge factor as if we are having some drinks during the day in the sun and a few at night, we may be wiped out by 10 or 11 anyway.
    - CSA has the better nightlife with the Aura Lounge to enjoy the sing-along (lots of fun with "Ultimate Chocolate" and dancing). CN has a nice Piano Bar with sing-along also. Be sure to attend the nightly entertainment (Showtime) when they have the steel drum band "Silver Birds" (usually available at both).

Layout/Convenience of either resort- I know that CSA is a bit of a larger, more spread out resort with Villa style rooms so does anyone consider this a bit of an issue or like it as may be more secluded feel/vibe to it? Conversely, at CN everything is supposed to be centrally located around the pool which is probably very convenient but wonder if it can have a feel of being "too crowded" at times. I can see pros and cons of both layouts so very interested in this topic.
    - CSA is spread out with the living areas in the center and dining/entertainment at either end. CN has the dining/entertainment more centrally (near the main pool) with the living areas peripherally. CSA doesn't feel too big and CN doesn't feel "too crowded". It really comes down to personal preference and physical capabilities.

Does anyone know if the Rewards Program is offered for first time visitors to either resort as we would probably take a Day trio to whichever one we don't choose just to try it out during the day.
    - First time visitors can (should) sign up for Romance Rewards. This will allow for a visit (10 AM-4 PM) at the other resort on the same side of the island on certain days. We did this on our first trip to one and ended up staying at the other the next time because we liked what we saw. Now we go to both!

Any other tips, suggestions, input, etc., between CSA and CN is absolutely welcome and appreciated as we want to make our 25th a very memorable anniversary.
    - Upon check-in, be sure to let them know there and at Guest Services that you're celebrating your 25th anniversary. They'll usually do something special to help make the occasion memorable!
    Thanks much and look forward to the input!!
    Hopefully this answers your questions and helps you to choose the resort that's right for you. Enjoy your anniversary at whichever Couples Resort you visit!!

Bart & Bug