Thread: Wifi at CSA

Default Wifi at CSA

Hello,
    Extremely excited to be visiting CSA in October!

I am wondering how reliable the wifi is?
    I'm a doctoral student and a have a few assignments to turn in while I'm away (going to get them done ahead of time- but the professor won't allow early submissions- boo!)

Thanks in advance!

Hi dianna30,
    After 7 consecutive years, during high season, the wife rates it a 5 out of 10. But then last year we met a Brit attempting to down load 3 full length movies for the ride home, at the same time. Broadband management courses should come with the iPad purchase.
    By no means addicted to the internet, but we both work from wherever we happen to be. Our experience, use off hours, in private locations. Not giving specifics, as I don't want to lose my connection and your a smart person. Enjoy CSA! It has become our second home.
    Say hello to Ruel.
    Thanks

It worked fairly well in previous trips but our last visit there in July it did not work at all in our room. It worked outside or different areas of the CSA even and some areas on the beach. We called front desk twice during our stay and both responses we got was they are working on it but got never had results during our last stay-(again only inside the room) We asked others in other areas/buildings in CSA and they said it worked fine so much have been just our building - who knows? We were in a Garden Verandah Suite-(building 31 I believe)

Welcome to Couples.

WIFI can be spotty. Better than it used to be. For your purposes bandwidth should not be much of an issue. Been to CSA a few times. Some places where the signal is strong. Near the TIKI huts on the beach. I usually use the Patio restaurant during breakfast. Near the main lobby. I'm sure there are other access points but these are the one's I have used.

Don't expect this to be super fast. Especially if someone is hogging bandwidth downloading movies. But it is good enough for Face time, Skype, or Google Hangouts if you are close to an access point. If this is a document you are uploading they usually are not all that large.

Enjoy your stay in paradise

Only 162 more days until we return
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2023?

When all else fails, try the Main Lobby, second floor of The Palms building, Patois in the Great House, or over the Sports Complex... at least that's been our experience.

As part of the old side refurbishment they are upgrading all of the wifi access points to more modern technology. We had no issues near the newer equipment, though they had left on many of the APs without Ethernet access due to the ongoing construction. So that was a bit frustrating. Bandwidth is tight and very expensive in Jamaica, Karen indicated that they were weighing the cost of a BW upgrade.

So for your purposes I doubt you'll have a problem.

Enjoy

Thank you everyone for the responses!! Only 50 more days!!