Default Negril Au Naturel

My husband and I are considering a return trip to Negril. Has anyone been prior to the new resort next door being built and has now returned to compare how having a 'family resort' so near changed the au naturel Couples Negril experience? Any comparisons both positive/negative will be appreciated. Thanks!

It's different than it was, but it didnt really hamper our enjoyment of it. I had only experienced AN when there was no resort next door, so to see the people there took a day or two to get used to.

We have been every spring for many years now, and this past year was the first time since the monstrosity next door opened. We had a perfectly relaxing time on the CN A/N beach and didn't even notice any more foot traffic along the beach that usual, although I'm sure that will change from week to week. It didn't disrupt our trip nor our enjoyment of the nude beach at all.
    Since the Royalton also has it's own nude area so I would assume that most of the families who choose to book there anyway are okay with being near nude sun bathers.

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    We have been every spring for many years now, and this past year was the first time since the monstrosity next door opened. We had a perfectly relaxing time on the CN A/N beach and didn't even notice any more foot traffic along the beach that usual, although I'm sure that will change from week to week. It didn't disrupt our trip nor our enjoyment of the nude beach at all.
    Since the Royalton also has it's own nude area so I would assume that most of the families who choose to book there anyway are okay with being near nude sun bathers.
    I am really surprised the Royalton did not plan better and reverse the side that the au naturel beach is on so that theirs is side-by-side with CN AN.

I would've made the same business decision as RN because they have a very small usable beach area. They put the super premium guest beach area next to CN AN and the rest of their beach is open to all of their guests.

Like rhallva, we have been to Couples Negril for years - our first time was less than a year after it opened. We spend the majority of every day on the a/n beach. We were concerned as well. On our trip this past April (April, 2017) we were pleasantly surprised that there was little difference than in the past. We still had a great time, and there were no issues of noise or traffic or gawking from next door. The new resort was still ramping up - we were told they were about 1/3 full (maybe 200 rooms). But their beach next to CN was quiet.

And clearly, the CN beach crowd was not shy. At one point there were 19 couples on the beach and in the water. That's a lot of nekkid folks.