Thread: Jet Ski Rental

Default Jet Ski Rental

Any suggestions for jet ski rental companies. Also any information on cost would be helpful.

Thanks in Advance,

Tim B

Still banned in Negril.

Anybody know the closest area to Negril to jet ski. I would be willing to catch a taxi as long as its not literally across the island

Quote Originally Posted by Micanopy View Post
    Still banned in Negril.
    Not banned now. I heard it's just very hard for operators to get a license.

Life is good

The only area that has been approved for jet ski rentals is UDC Beach in Ocho Rios which is a 3 hour drive away. Last I heard, there are only 3 licenced rental jet skis there.

Banned jet skis? Jamaicans truly are very very smart people!

Quote Originally Posted by novastar View Post
    The only area that has been approved for jet ski rentals is UDC Beach in Ocho Rios which is a 3 hour drive away. Last I heard, there are only 3 licenced rental jet skis there.
    And, yet, while we were at CTI, a couple of Jet Skis went ripping through between the main beach and the island. Not smart.
    Vicky

Could have been private jet skis driven by the owners. That is allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    And, yet, while we were at CTI, a couple of Jet Skis went ripping through between the main beach and the island. Not smart.
    To say smart and jet ski in the same sentence simply does not work.
    Last edited by Gatekeeper; July 19th, 2017 at 07:34 AM.

Last I read, and this was perhaps two years ago, licencing and tagging protocols were in process and should have been in place shortly thereafter. Equipment could only be launched from certain points specifically approved for such. Launch corridor to reach a minimum distance from the shore was to be narrow and buoyed/roped, with minimum distance from shore for actual full throttle operation to be something on the order of 300 meters from marked swimming areas. There was also a user training component to establish competency of all craft operators, i.e., customers.

All of this was expected to eliminate the proliferation of independent contractors, many of whom operated clandestine "delivery" operations after hours and in the dark of night.

I thought that I had seen that Ray's WaterSports was in the permitting process, but they may have failed or simply decided that it wasn't worth the effort.

As long time visitors to Negril, we've noticed a definite change in the beach vibe (for the better) without the constant whine, drone and smell of jetskis near to shore.

Now... about those horses...