Default Diversity of People

What countries are represented at the Couples Resorts?
    Last edited by TolRock; July 3rd, 2017 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TolRock View Post
    I have a question. We have gone to the various Couples Resorts a number of times and always had fun. We have made friends with people from everywhere. In fact, that is one of my favorite things to do...meet people from different countries as I thought it was interesting.

For example, I remember having a (slightly inebriated..ok..more than slightly) cannonball contest from the high dive at CTI. In the contest was us (American) a Scottish couple, and a Canadian couple with whom we still email.

On another thread, a gentleman said that he "make sure people know we are Canadians...," which seems to indicate that he doesn't like Americans.

With that in mind, is there a natural animosity towards Americans at the Couples Resorts? If I perceive that another couple is not American, should I stand off and not talk to them unless they talk first which at that point I can assume that they are "ok" with their American cousins?

One thing that I have noticed (and love) about Jamaica and the AN facilities is the camaraderie. In light if comments such as this, is the camaraderie that I always felt really just a false inference? Should I stick to the US on my next vacation as to not sully theirs?

I am not trying to upset anyone. But just asking an honest question.
    You must really be a Canadian. We Americans don't really care about upsetting anyone and are oblivious to it if we do.

The wife and I tend to stay to ourselves while at CN. But we have met and conversed with people at times and to me it is not where the person is from that matters but what kind of person are they. Getting that other thread political was a mistake and I hope this one does not head that direction.

If I did not really really enjoy the CN resort, the staff there, and the people that we have talked too, then I would not be heading back there for the 7th year in a row come October 21.

There will be some staff and some guests that will not click with you sometimes but just deal with the ones you enjoy interacting with.

We found the people ar CSS SSB were very genuine. I could give a rat's ass where they're from. My parents are Canadian and American citizens. Canada and the U.S. are great neighbors. Let's just get naked, crack a cold one and talk about hockey!!!!

Evry ting be Irie Mon!!

In 16 trips to Couples, I have not witnessed animosity towards any nationality. If I did see this, it would be my last trip there.

Gatekeeper?

We've met people from many many countries and enjoyed conversations with everyone. No one was stand offish to any other country. We are all there for one reason, and that's to relax, have fun, and enjoy our spouses.

Irie!
    Duane & Mary
    Trip #9 coming in January

Quote Originally Posted by a63vetteowner View Post
    We've met people from many many countries and enjoyed conversations with everyone. No one was stand offish to any other country. We are all there for one reason, and that's to relax, have fun, and enjoy our spouses.

Irie!
    Duane & Mary
    Trip #9 coming in January
    We go back BECAUSE of the people! We met so many great people, including fellow Canuck, Gatekeeper. We are going back Home, Jan 3-10. Hope to see you there! I'll buy you a drink

Gatekeeper?
    I was out of line when I said that...I explained and apologized. Why are you trying to create a problem here??

It's all good. Maybe with any luck we can have a beer together. I have only been to couples once in January and it was (by Jamaican standards) actually cold. People were covering up on sunset beach. :-)

It's all good. Maybe with any luck we can have a beer together. I have only been to couples once in January and it was (by Jamaican standards) actually cold. People were covering up on sunset beach. :-)
    We were there this past Jan 3-10. Wasn't cold but a few days of rain. Din't deter us from having a great time at SSB.

Hope to see our friends there again January 2018!!